i'll fly next to you

Perfect Mess

July 2017

 

“So any hints on your ideal type? Maybe someone who’s listening can be your girlfriend or your wife.” Radio DJ asks Chanyeol as he was grinning from ear to ear. Well, she’s actually listening. He thought. “Hmmm. My ideal type has always been the same. Someone who’s like me, can get my jokes, share the same hobbies, and taste in music and someone who loves cooking. Someone whom I can make music with forever.” He made quite a detailed description of someone who can’t also help but smile at the same time as she listened to EXO’s guesting on a radio show. Listening to his voice as he sings her lullabies to sleep have always warmed her heart. This time, it was extra special as he publicly described his ideal type. She knew it was her.

 

He had always wanted to bring Wendy to his studio. It was just that it was impossible to not have a member left in their dorm. Randomly, almost everyone had schedules the next day and they decided to meet. She was a bit shocked seeing a familiar figure opening the door, it was Sehun. “Oh, hi! I thought you had a schedule.” Sehun with his orange hair bowed slightly and replied, “Yes in an hour. YEOL! Wendy’s here.” He called out Chanyeol as Sehun goes straight to the kitchen leading Wendy. “Eat first. D.O. cooked this amazing omurice and he said this is for you.” He pushes the plate slightly to Wendy. “Woah, did everyone knew I’ll be coming over today?” She said as she placed boxes of cookies and brownies to the table and gave some to Sehun. “Yes. But it’s okay since we all got schedules except for Chanyeol and you’re like the first girl to come here at the dorm. I apologize if it’s quite messy. It’s Suho hyung’s fault. By the way, these are so good. As expected, that’s why Chanyeol fell in love. Did you put a love potion here.” She giggled as Chanyeol arrived snatching out the boxes from Sehun who had unexpectedly talked too much. “These are only mine.” He said as he sat down beside Wendy grabbing her arm and pouting like a kid. “Ah this is too much. That’s why I can’t understand couples. I’ll go now.” Chanyeol laughed and placed his arms around Wendy while waving Sehun goodbye. Both were even wearing similar “Nerdy” jackets from Zico’s line as Chanyeol pre-ordered and pleaded his good friend that he buys both the limited ones.

 

They walked towards Chanyeol’s room. “Our dorm’s quite messy but my room’s better.” He intertwined his hands to hers as he kissed her in the cheek. “I missed you.” He whispers in his low-toned voice. A soft and simple gesture that makes her heart flutter. She responds back and tiptoes as she kisses him in the cheek long enough that he enjoys the feeling having the butterflies in the stomach. He loves every moment with her. Being public figures are tough jobs but whenever they are together, their worries fade and all that matters is they’re always there for each other. With his cute gestures, he opens the door to his studio. “Tadah.” He exclaims with a made-up-drumroll sound. Wendy was amazed. She had always wished for a studio and was glad that Chanyeol had one. Making music was one of their hobbies ever since. Seeing instruments and music recording equipment give her so much bliss.

 

They started listening to some of Chanyeol’s music compositions and then to Coldplay, their favorite band. They listened to Chanyeol’s cover of Everglow then after she asked if she could also make one. She sang a cover of “O” and he can’t help but fall in love again. He thought how it is possible to fall in love so much with this girl. He already saw her in her worst and best. His heart was torn when she collapsed during a practice as she was forced to diet due to some negative comments in SNS. He hates seeing her hurt. He always cheers her up when she misses her family who’s far away from her. He saw how kindhearted she has been to her members and everyone around her. He enjoys her food when she cooks and bakes so well. It‘s quite annoying when others pinch his cheeks and ears, but if it’s Wendy, she likes it. He adores how she makes time for me to go on midnight dates and appreciates the effort she does to learn new things for him. He loves her.

 

Wendy sings flawlessly as she pours out her emotion to the song. She thought how she never knew she could fall in love. She has always that mindset of being a successful idol. She realized that love is unexpected. Falling in love with Chanyeol was the best unexpected moment in her life that she’ll never regret. She’s always devastated when he cries over the pressure accompanied with the popularity. She comforts her during the toughest times. She likes how he’s compassionate and considerate with everyone. She enjoys whenever he ruffles her hair and pulls her into a hug. She is more motivated whenever she sees his contented expression as he finishes whatever she bakes or cooks and even tries to learn with her. She is overwhelmed of how he makes time for them to meet no matter how short it is in the midst of a very busy schedule. She loves him.

 

Chanyeol was teary-eyed as Wendy finishes the song. “I love you.” He says as she looks at him with endearment. “I love you too.”

 

Flock of birds

Hovering above

Just a flock of birds

That's how you think of love

Fly on, ride through

Maybe one day I'll fly next to you

 

Song: O by Coldplay

[Please do listen to Chanyeol’s Coldplay cover of Everglow and Wendy’s recommendation, O by Coldplay too :D ]