if they only knew

Perfect Mess

Loud cheers. He closed his eyes and can feel his heart beating crazily and places his hand over his chest. “Calm down, Park Chanyeol.” He said to himself and smiled softly while at the backstage as he listened to Wendy’s soft voice echoing throughout the arena. He thought how beautiful she is singing the song and now, he’s singing with her, in public, in front of thousands of fans. “Aish, she’s so pretty. How can I concentrate.” He keeps on smiling without noticing fancams were being recorded. He was just happily enjoying the moment.

 

Wendy sings perfectly and now it’s his time. He goes on stage singing his heart out. It’s what he wants, portraying his vocals both in raps and soft melodies like this song, “Stay With Me”..and he loves singing it with that one person he wants to spend his life with, Son Seungwan.

 

He walks to the center stage as she feels butterflies in her stomach. His tall figure, great stage presence and soothing vocals, everything is perfect as she forgot for a split second to go on to the center stage as well. Everyone went crazier with the loud screams. She only sees him, Park Chanyeol, the person who understands her, loves her wholeheartedly and whom she wants to spend the rest of her life with.

 

They both belt out a wonderful tune. At that moment, they only see each other as if the song was meant for them. He walks in a little closer but realizes that they were in a concert full of fans. He keeps his composure as they both smiled to each other with secret glances in between. After the performance, they bowed to each other and he cheered for her by clapping and looked at her as if she’s the most precious thing in the world. She smiled back as they both instinctively remove their headsets. It was fulfilling how they did their first public duet at the same time thrilling compared to their studio hangouts.

 

He waited for her in the golf car and carefully gestured to sit beside him. As the car zooms to their respective tents, thousands of fans still cheered for them. He silently held her hand for a split second and smiled at her mouthing “Good job,” as the photographer called for both for an obligatory photo-op in the SMTown booth. “Okay let’s take in a good photo to celebrate your collab.” The photographer takes a good photo as they looked at the picture and Wendy joked, “First public photo.” He frowned and said, “No.” She wondered and asked why. “We had a collab before right? The first time we met and during Yesung’s concert?” She nodded and explained, “But it’s the first time that it’s just the two of us.” He agreed and smiled. “See you later Seungwannie. We’re so cute here. I’m gonna make this my wallpaper.” She replied, “I’m gonna get killed by your sasaengs tho,” and they both laughed as they parted to prepare for their respective performances.

 

---

January 2018

 

“Why are you watching a fancam of us?” Wendy asked as she packs the brownies and cookies she baked for Chanyeol’s friends. “Well, it’s cute and funny how they got a video of us looking adorable.” Chanyeol explained as he smiled over the video. “The video is mostly you staring at me.” She teased. “Excuse me, you even glanced even if I didn’t look back. Plus you did not have lovey dovey eyes with me compared at your recent guesting with Astro Eunwoo guy.” He pouted.

 

“You don’t have to be jealous, the kid’s really handsome but we’re in a variety show there. You’re different. You are perfect for me.” She said as she handed him the box of goodies and hugged him tight. Their hugs are perfect for the cold weather. “Yes coz’ I always have my eyes on you. You didn’t say I’m more handsome tho.” He kissed the top of her head and hugged her tighter with the goodies on his hand. She broke from the hug and showered him with kisses on his cheeks and pinched, “Yes, you are most handsome in the world, Park Chanyeol.” She loved how his eyes speak a thousand words where his eyes only look at her, genuinely screaming how much he treasures her. He broke from the hug and cupped her face, “That’s why I can never lose you.

 

They don’t know how special you are

They don’t know what you’ve done to my heart

They can say anything they want 'cause

They don’t know about us

They don’t know about the things we do

They don’t know about the "I love yous"

But I bet you if they only knew

 

Song: They don't know about us by One Direction