wish it was always like this

Perfect Mess

April 2018

 

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol looks at his most treasured person in the world, Son Seungwan, as she nervously fidgets through her phone and sips her iced Americano. “I don’t know, I’m just nervous. I’m awkward, scared and…” She looks at him and he’s confused as both were seated in one of the conference rooms of SM’s building. “You’re with me, so what’s wrong?” He asked worriedly. “Well, that’s all the more scary, you’re with me and I’m awkward. Fans might think were close or what and say bad things about us.” She was referring to the opening broadcast of SM’s !tLive show where both will be guest MCs alongside with Leeteuk.

 

“It’s true that we’re close like I’m your namja-chingu and you’re my yoja-chingu.” He points at her and smiles showing his adorable dimples. She nudged his shoulder and felt a sense of relief, “For real, we were close friends, so I guess they won’t mind.” They continued to sip on their drinks as he encouraged her, “You are always fun to be with and we have Leeteuk sunbaenim to guide us, so you can pull it off. I should even worry for myself. Because, I might not help myself not stare at you.” He winked which earned a punch from Wendy while he pinched her cheeks. “That’s why I don’t like maintaining this weight.” He frowned as he pinched her cheeks for the nth time, “Son Seungwan, you are perfect. How many times did I tell you? YOU. ARE. PERFECT. You need to be healthy and not starve yourself. Exercise and eat healthy. Repeat after me.” She was obliged and repeated in a monotonous tone. “Okay. Exercise and eat healthy. Wait, why do you sound like your mom?” “Of course, heol. I’m her son. Eomma always tells us to exercise and eat healthy or we’ll both be killed.” He then leans onto her shoulder with his huge stature.

 

Leeteuk entered into the conference room while both hurriedly composed themselves, stood up and bowed to the senior. “Oh, I guess we won’t have problems for tomorrow’s live broadcast”. He said coolly as he handed them both their cue cards. “And I heard you’re dating so I guess we’ll be fine.” Chanyeol smiled awkwardly while Wendy was flustered, “Sunbaenim, we didn’t expect you kno—“. “It’s okay, your managers told me ahead for safety reasons. I hope you don’t mind and no worries, I’ll help you out. I’ve been there too.” Chanyeol pretended to be shocked and asked, “So, were you really together with Taeyeon noona before she got together with Baekhyunnie?” Leeteuk nodded and quickly explained, “That was way back.” He smiled and started with the briefing for the broadcast.

 

Suho was originally casted for the show but due to conflict schedules, Chanyeol had to fill in which caused a buzz among the fans. “This would be less shocking since I’ve heard that fans from other countries liked you both from the series of Stay With Me collaborations during the SMTown concerts. Some of the higher ups know about this so they keep pairing you like you’re the next SM’s unofficial couple.” He gestured a thumbs up while Wendy and Chanyeol laughed at his remark.

 

All had a great time rehearsing on the flow for the next day’s broadcast. Wendy and Chanyeol were reassured since Leeteuk was really a reliable sunbae for everyone in SM. Leeteuk gave them an advice at the end of their meeting, “No matter what happens as long as you love each other, don’t let go. You know how our industry works, as long as you have each other, everything will be fine.” He said sincerely and bid farewell to both. “We’ll keep that in mind. Thank you and see you tomorrow.” Chanyeol said as they bowed.

 

“Now let’s go see the cherry blossoms.” He said as he held her hand. “But it’s like 5 pm, it's kinda early, there will be too many people and we’re gonna be so doomed.” She explained while he just pouted as usual, “But it has been long since we went out, we were always busy.” He pleaded with matching hand gestures mouthing a “juseyo”. “Okay, but disguise first.” He chuckled, “We don’t need the disguise, I know an area with only a few people who visit, it’s a secluded area. My dad took me there once.”

 

Chanyeol drove them to the place and true to his words, there were no people around considering that it’s late in the afternoon. They were walking hand in hand along an alley of pleasant scenery. The peaceful and calmness of the place and the beauty of the cherry blossoms in full bloom were perfect. For Wendy, what’s more perfect is her hands intertwined with her most favorite person, Park Chanyeol. “This place is heaven, thank you for bringing me here.” She smiled at him and kissed him long enough that it sent butterflies all over her stomach. “I love you.” She whispered and hugged him tight while Chanyeol’s heart was beating crazily at the sudden act. He was not prepared but he loved every second of it. He kissed her back and replied, “I love you too. Seeing you happy makes me the happiest.”

 

They sat on a nearby bench while she leaned on his shoulder. “I’ve missed you badly. All these hectic schedules made me crazy because all I think about is you.” Wendy said as she was reminded of all their struggles of living the idol life and at the same time dating cautiously. “I just want to enjoy this moment, this moment being with you.” Wendy intertwined her hands with him and he kissed her forehead. Both were immersed as they both listened to a run of songs by Kehlani, their current fave, while they enjoy the view and the moment. “Kehlani’s great. You should make a cover.” She nodded in agreement.

 

“Oh! It’s SON SEUNGWAN AND PARK CHANYEOL!” Both froze while seated as someone called up their names. They were shocked because they didn’t see anyone earlier and the voice sounded familiar and a cute little black poodle was running towards them. They both shouted, “Toben!” as the puppy went to Wendy. Chanyeol turned and in his surprise, “Daebak!” There he saw his parents laughing at their shocked expressions. “My daughter-in-law looked so shocked. It has been a long time since I saw you, well, the both of you.” Chanyeol’s father joked as his mother was still laughing on Wendy and Chanyeol. Wendy bowed to them and smiled as his parents hugged them both. “We have been walking in this area for a while now. It’s funny we met here in the midst of your busy schedules. We miss you both.” Chanyeol’s mom said. “Sorry if we couldn’t visit you mom, actually we only have 2 hours till the next practice and schedule.” He explained as he carried Toben in his arms. “We know you’re both busy but I guess you can spare for a quick dinner.” Chanyeol’s dad pleaded and they both agreed to go.

 

---

 

They walked towards Chanyeol’s car after the dinner and he can’t help but asked why Wendy was smiling so much ever since they saw his parents. “It was just a beautiful sight. Seeing them, it’s like a double date with The Parks, I mean, your parents. They look adorable too.” He replied with a smile, “Okay I understand, Mrs. Park.” She blushed as she put her seatbelt on. I wish it was always like this, he thought as he teased Son Seungwan, his one and only.

 

We fell asleep on a bench,
leaning on each other
The sweet cherry blossom colors the clear sky
I wish it was always like this

Song: Spring love by Eric Nam x Wendy

[I was freaking out during the SM !tLive because they were so cute. I know they have like 0.0000001% chance of being real but thank you shipping gods for having them in a show like waaaaaaah. I compiled their interactions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ3rTMvfL8Y&lc=z22ngjdb4pqoyflntacdp432y23tfnbceyqcuvomd2pw03c010c ]