will never love another

Perfect Mess

November 2017

 

He was exhausted with all the busy schedules, promotions and concert tours. For a week, he didn’t contact Wendy, he just felt empty in a random way. Chanyeol escaped the dorm to go on a party in a nearby club and drank with all the gorgeous girls in the club. It was so much like him before he met Wendy. “I am just so tired, let’s drink till we pass out.” He whispered to a random girl while the girl, of course, was blushing as this guy was no other than, Park Chanyeol. Zico saw him and he didn’t even know that Chanyeol was even coming since Chanyeol had a jam-packed schedule so he immediately called and informed Wendy.

 

Zico didn’t approach him at first since he thought maybe Chanyeol was just chilling but when he saw how he got close with a girl, Zico separated him and the random girl and dragged Chanyeol outside to the parking lot. “YAH! YEOL! You look so wasted. What are you doing partying with all these girls? Does Wendy know about this?” Chanyeol was at a blank state, he didn’t know what to do. He was just too tired, he missed the fun. “YAAH! You are killing my vibe, what is wrong with you? I was having so much fun. I missed this so much. Wendy? NAH. She won’t mind. She’s so boring. She can’t have fun like this.” He said while gesturing and lied down near Zico’s parked car. “Are you serious? A year ago, you were head over heels for her and said she’s the one. You’re just way too drunk. Let’s go home.” Zico was nearly dragging the giant because of his tall stature. He was shocked when he saw Wendy standing in front of Chanyeol’s car, nearly tearing up.

 

Chanyeol sobered up and his eyes widened when he saw Wendy in tears while he saw her assisting him to ride his car. Zico bid farewell, “I apologize for him, don’t take his words seriously coz’ he’s just too drunk.” Wendy was driving Chanyeol home and it was 3 AM. Both were silent and Chanyeol felt apologetic but wanted to say something. It was an awkward silence for 15 minutes, a first in their year-long relationship. Wendy dropped off Chanyeol and parked his car. As she was about to walk away, he grabbed her hand and hugged her, “I am sorry.” Wendy was not moving at all, not responding, almost lifeless. She just pushed him lightly and went home. It was devastating for Chanyeol, she was never like this especially Wendy’s silence, and tears. But he was a jerk, he admits, he was one.

 

He arrived wasted in their dorm. He sat in their living room staring blankly. He remembered 2 years ago, just 3 months of knowing Wendy. It was supposed to be a never-ending partying for Park Chanyeol, the known playboy in the Kpop industry. He has all the numbers of every visual or gorgeous member of every girl group, and dated a lot. Everyone in EXO and SM is aware. His fansites were also aware and they even helped him to prevent any scandals to come up. “You free tonight or partying?”, Wendy texted him. He was supposed to attend a party but ever since he met Wendy, he stopped partying, even dating and those random flings. “No, I’m always free and I’m party-free lately.” He was always free for Wendy. It’s because he enjoys Wendy’s company even those random talks made his heart flutter. Whatever their topic is, he always enjoyed her voice, her laugh. Food trips, movie marathons, whatever it is, he thought that Wendy was not one of her other girls and treated her as a very special friend. He slowly realized his feelings for her and that’s why he confessed to her.

 

“And I thought you would not go home. You didn’t even inform us where you were going? Oh what the? The smell of alcohol.” Suho exclaimed as he went towards Chanyeol, scolding him and explaining how Wendy was worried for him. “PARK CHANYEOL. Aigoo. You’re lucky for Wendy. You know she’s so concerned for you and I called her because I thought you were with her but no. She even said she didn’t text or called you a lot these past days because she thought you were busy or you somehow needed some space. She isn’t clingy like your other girls. So she was worried when she knew we were searching for you.” Suho was in disbelief with Chanyeol. He was maybe having so much pressure but he felt that Wendy didn’t deserve it. He just tapped him and went back to his room, “Take your time. Be happy and good at least for Wendy, your family and us.”

 

“She is too good for me. I don’t deserve her.” He said as he went out. He was running as he thought how they looked at each other during their SMTown performance, he loved to sing with Wendy, to be with her until they grow old. He realized he was out of his mind for a week with all the pressures but Wendy was always supporting him. She’s always constantly there for him.

 

He drove to Red Velvet’s dorm and waited outside their dorm till morning. He fell asleep. It was almost 6 AM and the door opened and there was Wendy. She was way too devastated and wants to breathe some fresh morning air. She was shocked seeing Chanyeol outside their dorm, with her puffy eyes, her heart broke seeing him. She was not ready to see him, not now. He woke up as the door opened and stood up. He wanted to hug her because she looked so frail but can’t. He was crying and stared at her intently. There was a silence of longing with both just crying. After a few minutes, he uttered, “Sorry Son Seungwan. I am so sorry. I don’t deserve you but I can never find a girl like you and I can’t imagine my world without you. I can never love another person. It’s just you.”

 

 

I would grant all your wishes

If you promised me a thousand kisses

I will never, love another, like you

I will never, find another, like you

 

Song: Who We Are - Tristan Prettyman