the one i was meant to find

Perfect Mess

June 2016

 

“Yesung hyung’s concert is next week. He gave me tickets. Let’s go! It’s a date.” Chanyeol smiled as he was sipping on his iced coffee waiting for Wendy’s reaction across the table. She choked, “You gotta be joking. What date? There will be lots of fans and they will kill me.” Wendy reasoned out with her cute gestures. Chanyeol can’t stop laughing, both were at a café, wearing black hoodies and glasses. They even had similar styles even when wearing casual outfits. Both were sitting in a spot where there were only a few people. They were regulars in the place and the ahjumma owner was a friend of Wendy’s mom so she basically know both these “music friends” frequently chilling out at her café.

 

“Actually…” Wendy smirked as he was confused, “What?” he asked. “I’ll be performing at the concert though, a duet with Yesung sunbae.” Chanyeol whined with his adorable puppy eyes, “Wae? Why you tease me? This is so unfair.” He got some whipped cream over Wendy’s frapuccino and smeared some on her cheeks as she played along and placed some over Chanyeol’s ears and ruffled his beautiful red hair. He loved the moment, how they’re both carefree as if it doesn’t matter whether the public will see them. He enjoys every single moment with Wendy. They bicker at times but slowly he realizes that he likes her more than just a “music friend”.

 

--

 

"So Seungwannie, what will be your stage outfit?” Chanyeol asked over the phone. “Probably, something black and white, I’m nervous for laterrr.” Wendy replied. “You’ll do great, I’m sure plus you look great in whatever you wear. See you later.” Chanyeol hung up while Wendy smiled. She was slowly falling, she’s quite sure. Even just hearing his voice overwhelmed her, she was ecstatic.

 

The crowd cheered as Yesung and Wendy finished singing “Spring in Me”. She bowed and said how she’s honored to be performing with Yesung. There were questions being thrown into Wendy. One of these was about when will Wendy get married. She laughed and replied, “I am not ready for that since I’m busy with work now.”

 

Chanyeol was worried and nervous as he sat along with the audience looking at them from afar. He thought, “Should I confess or not?” as he planned this way before and even asked advice from his fellow EXO members. Being an idol is such a huge responsibility, but he wouldn’t let go of this chance. At this time, it was all or nothing. If he gets rejected, it’s okay as long as he was able to tell her everything and maybe just remain friends or possibly not.

 

They were in the backstage as Chanyeol greeted with a clapping gesture and bowed  to Yesung and there was Wendy too. Yesung asked to take a picture with both of them and expressed his gratitude for the both of them for being such very supportive hoobaes. “Will pick you up at SM.” He whispered to Wendy and she nodded.

 

---

 

He drove to SM as he picked up Wendy. They drove to a nearby town and it was such a beautiful scenery with the calm sea and stars that painted the clear sky. The cold breeze in summer made them appreciate the view even more. “What are we doing here? It’s cool how there’s practically no one here.” Wendy wondered as she went down from the car. “Well, I just want us to relax. A quick break from the busy promotions.” Chanyeol replied as he got a coat to place over Wendy as she was wearing a dress. They both sat down in a bench. “I bet you want to bring your girlfriend here? ..and probably show me if this is a good place to bring her to?” Wendy said with a bit of disappointment from her voice. “Well, that was random but quite correct.” He replied as he held tightly a tiny box with a ribbon in it and gave it to her. “You can check the gift I would want to give her”. Wendy just complied and opened the box and saw the earphones and a necklace. She would’ve wanted it if only it was meant for her. “It’s nice,” as she stood up and continued to walk along as she tried to hid her sadness. At that moment, Wendy was stuttering as she added, “Is she an artist too? A very beautiful lady perhaps like your usual ideal type?” She always thought it was impossible for Chanyeol to like her despite the fact that she was very close to him. He always shares to her, his crushes and how she can never compare to them. She can never deny that she was already falling for him but as a friend she will continue to support Chanyeol whatever his endeavor will be or whoever he likes.

 

On the other hand, Chanyeol was uneasy as Wendy didn’t know that his ideal type was Son Seungwan, only her, his best music friend. His mind and heart was set for this, regardless of how the public will find out about this later on, he loved his fans and he hoped that they would be able to understand that he wouldn’t want to let go of the person he loves wholeheartedly. “Well, yes, she’s an idol but I have yet to confess to her. She’s really beautiful, very talented, she writes songs and loves music just as much as I do.” Chanyeol said shyly while Wendy nodded along as they walked along the shore. “And…” Chanyeol stopped and looked at her while she was just staring at the sky. “And?” She asked as she looked at him sincerely. “She’s right here in front of me.” He held her hand warmly and kissed her forehead. He placed the necklace around her neck. “Let’s make great music forever. I like you, I love you Son Seungwan.”

 

Wendy was shocked, she never expected this. She was full of emotions and just nodded and hugged him. She felt her heart racing fast as she was truly in love with this talented guy. Everyone can see him as the handsome, perfect guy but for her, he was more than that. Chanyeol was someone who can understand him and whom she envisioned could grow old with her making music together. “I like you, I love you too, Park Chanyeol.”

 

Nothing could keep us apart

You'd be the one I was meant to find

It's up to you, and it's up to me

No one can say what we get to be

So why don't we rewrite the stars?

Maybe the world could be ours, tonight

 

Song: Rewrite the Stars by Zac Efron featuring Zendaya