what is love

Perfect Mess

December 2017

 

A tiring day has passed, the night was cold. He missed her, so much. Chanyeol hugged one of his Rilakkuma dolls as tears fell down. Wendy was not boring, she was his everything. He just said that because he felt that she is way too perfect for her. He felt empty with all the pressures being an idol and he was also worried about the fans. The fans were very supportive of him but some knew about them. He knew through Red Velvet’s manager, before their break-up, that the sasaengs kept sending hate messages and calls to Wendy. That's why he was in the verge of confusion and emptiness and decided to go back to his old self of partying. Letting go was a decision he had to make for Wendy, to protect her.

 

“Hi mom.”

“Yeol-ah, what’s wrong?”

“We broke up.”

“Why? You were perfect for each other.”

“Mom, no one’s perfect. She’s way too good for me and I’m a jerk.”

“No. Park Chanyeol, you are not. You have been a good kid and you were over your bad habits before. Son Seungwan helped you to become a better person. She has been a good influence to you and she said that you are too.”

“What? She did?”

“Yes. We talked and she expressed her appreciation and apologized to me on your birthday. I didn’t know you were not together at that time. She said that you made her a better person since you’d let her see the good side in everything and be happy no matter what happens. She was sorry for at times she was not good to you. I didn’t understand before but maybe because she broke up with you.”

 

Chanyeol can’t handle it, he explained to his mom over the phone call what happened and said he was also wrong but it was also a perfect time because it was getting dangerous for Wendy. Sasaengs even sent Wendy and her family death threats that's why he agreed to it. He ended the phone call and there he was sobbing silently staring at the ceiling.

 

---

 

September 2016

 

“Let’s go to the arcade. Please. Juseyoooo.” Chanyeol clings to Wendy’s arms as EXO was finishing their rehearasal in SMTown’s practice room. She bowed to the rest of EXO’s members as D.O. pulled Chanyeol. “Wendy-ssi, we have a vocal training next week right?” He said in a low tone while Chanyeol frowned, “What was that for?” D.O. replied with a deadly look, “Stop forcing her, you’re pressuring her.” Wendy laughed and bowed to D.O., “It’s okay D.O. ssi, I’m used to it. See you next week, I’ll send the track to be practiced.” She smiled cutely and politely as the rest of EXO members waved goodbye.

 

He immediately placed his arms over her shoulders and pulled her closer. “I don’t want you to smile to other boys like that.” She was perplexed, “Are you jealous? It’s D.O., he’s like your brother.” She grabbed his ears and played with it. “Yes, I am jealous. Still, your smile should always be meant for me.” Wendy kissed his cheek and he was flustered, “Okay jealous guy, let’s go to the arcade to cheer you up.” Chanyeol was getting giddy and kissed her back, “Yay! You’re the best Son Seungwan!”

 

"Please play for me this game. I want to have that Rilakkuma. I’ve been wanting that.” Chanyeol said as he points out the claw machine and pulls Wendy to the machine. Both were wearing the typical “I-don’t-want-to-be-recognized” outfits, jackets and glasses. Both were barefaced and Chanyeol had messy hair. It was almost closing time so it was safe for both of them to roam around. She tried the game and for the third time she succeeded. Chanyeol can’t contain his feels and was jumping around. He was having so much fun. They played for an hour and decided to grab some snacks and drinks at a nearby convenience store. He loved how simple Wendy is, she’s like him. Both are contented by just chilling at the convenience store as they seated at a corner where no one can see them. She opens a carton of strawberry milk and drinks it in one go. She was laughing how weird in whatever she does while he just stared intently at her. She was too cute and gorgeous and his heart was beating fast. He realized how different but great it is to be in love with Wendy. He felt like he was on cloud nine. He uttered, “So this is how it feels like to be in love. I love you”, he said and kissed him on her lips. She was blushing. It was short but everything with Chanyeol seemed magical. She never knew that he would fell for her, “I love you too,” she said realizing that he is the one whom she truly loves.

 

---

 

He misses her but he can’t go back, not this time. Wendy didn’t want him to worry and she did not say anything about how the sasaengs bothered her and her family. It was him who needs to apologize but it was too late. He hopes for the best for both of them as he caressed the Rilakkuma doll, the one that Wendy got for him and fell asleep.

 

 

why? why did you leave me without saying anything?

i’m not ready to break up

waiting is too long it has no limit

I keep calling for you…

only echoes keep coming back to me

i hate myself for living on after losing you

tell me, what is love?

 

Song: Tell me what is love by D.O. 

[I love how Wendy and Chanyeol's stuff toys in their rooms~ CUTIES <3]