you light up my heart

Perfect Mess

August 2016

 

It was a one-hour train ride from Tokyo and Chanyeol was especially excited to tour Wendy around Nagoya. They went on a stroll a night before SMTown’s concert. He has always loved touring in Japan, one of his favorite countries to visit to. He has always felt the freedom to chill and appreciate the city considering the tough life of being a public figure. This time, the feeling was different, he was with Wendy, his girlfriend. It was their first time to on a date outside Korea. They wore the usual jacket and mask style as they roamed around the beautiful streets off Nagoya. It was more safe as only a few could possibly recognize them.

 

“Nothing is more perfect than this.” Wendy stated while Chanyeol held her hand and placed it in one of his jacket’s pockets. He brought out his phone and played the "Stay with Me" demo he recorded for an upcoming drama OST, while placing one of the earphones to Wendy’s as they listened along. “This song is really good. Your voice is lovely.” Wendy exclaimed in excitement while Chanyeol blushed. He’s not used to him being her boyfriend but he loved it every time Wendy sees only him. “Your voice is lovelier. I really thought you would reject my confession.”

 

Wendy smiled, “I never even thought you would confess to me. There are a lot of gorgeous girls out there and I was more of your music friend. I am still grateful.” Chanyeol stopped in an alley, “No. I am more grateful. I am blessed you appeared in my life. Everything seems to fall into place.” He removed his mask and removed hers. He caressed her cheeks and moved closer and whispered, “It was always you.” He kissed Wendy’s lips and she didn’t hesitate and kissed him back. Their earphones were tangled but their hearts were one. It was not an aggressive move but a gentle one. She hugged him tightly as he bent and kissed her nape softly. “I love you Yeol,” as she kissed him one last time on his cheek.

 

“Should we eat ramen to balance this sweetness?” Chanyeol teased and pinched her nose. “I don’t know but why do I find this height difference perfect.” Wendy said as she leaned on his chest. “Well it is. I can hug you warmly well,” Chanyeol replied. “And I can hear your heart beating fast,” she remarked. “Well, I guess, it beats for you.” Chanyeol said with a wink. They continued walking to Chanyeol’s favorite ramen place.

 

“So when are you releasing the OST we listened to earlier?” Wendy asked while eating the delicious ramen. “They said this December. I’m not sure.” He replied while also enjoying his favorite ramen. They continued roaming around the area, tried and bought some couple outfits as Chanyeol meticulously chose clothes and shoes for Wendy too. He enjoyed it the most compared to when he had some flings. Wendy had fun in their trip as it felt it was an escape from their typical idol life. “We got a rehearsal early tomorrow morning? We need to go back now.” Chanyeol interrupts her as he said that it will be the last store they visit to. She pouted cutely but then obliged as they rode the train back to Tokyo.

 

---

“Okay, to your spot now.” Shim Jae Won instructed as they start the rehearsal with the intro song, Dear My Family. Red Velvet was next to EXO but then a flight of stairs separates Chanyeol and Wendy. “Just stay here.” Chanyeol pointed to the space near him as he calls Wendy while the rest of the Red Velvet stared at him. Seulgi mouthed and teased, “So clingy,” as D.O. & Kai laughed. Their members already knew about their relationship and they were very supportive. Both groups have thought how good it is to have a person whom you can rely to and they have accepted whenever a member is dating. Wendy transferred to the other side while they all smiled seeing there was still space near Seulgi’s side.

 

He was looking at Wendy as she hit the notes. Her voice resounded over the stadium and it was beautiful, heartwarming. She looked at him with a reassuring smile that she will always be there for him.

 

Without change, you shine on me forever

The quiet air, the warm wind

They’re all there, always in the same place

You shine like the stars

You light up my heart 

 

Song: Been Through by EXO