Epilouge

Two sides of the same coin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

3rd person narration

 

After the incident he moved out of the Kim mansion with the excuse of space which everyone gave him. So he moved to his father’s penthouse which was empty now.  Few days after he moved into the penthouse, Luhan got out of his king sized bed and sighed upon seeing the usual empty spot on the other side of the bed. He lost counting the days since the last time his boyfriend was actually in bed when he woke up. As always he must have had things to do. What things? Luhan didn’t know it himself. But he tried to reason. Reasoning love with work. Reasoning love with priority. Reasoning love with infidelity.

 

Luhan believes in this. Once someone leaves your side, only his body moves away physically. The memories remain. He perched near the window of his room and watched the rain pour dramatically outside, the wind gushing hard blowing leaves from trees just as few single words had blown him away. He sets his eyes on the darkening clouds, forming heavily up in the sky, ready to burst just like his tears. The pounding rain echoes inside his ears bringing all the same confused thoughts in his heart that he managed to suppress in the past four months. He soon will have to go back to china but he couldn’t bring himself to stay away from the person he carves so badly. The person who was his sin.

There now he’s around in the soft glow of the light, he found him, on his bed lying motionlessly beneath the sheets, breathing soft. The man he would give everything he asks for, just to see again, just to hear again, just to speak to again, just to touch again. Luhan walks to bed and sits beside him on the silk sheets covering downwards from his visible chest. He reaches out to his pale but shinning skin, the smooth bridge between his brows that spreads down his eyes to his nose, the rarely there stubble. His finger barely touching him, where he lays still, unmoved. He prays to have just a few more moments of this peace to admire the person here because once awake he’ll again leave his side.

“Why did he leave him if forgetting him was not possible?” Luhan remembers Sehun asking him, about Sejoon and Jongin.

“Just because people leave you doesn’t mean that they forget. Forgetting is never a feature of love, you see.”Luhan had replied.

Luhan knew it from the very start that, he cannot make someone forget his true love, but he was taking chances just this once by reasoning dream with reality as he settles to call his boyfriend when he watches him rise and get engaged in a conversation with his own fiancée.

 

 

On the other hand, Sehun sits in his own room in States having taking up the position of the CEO as he waits for his work to end so that he can catch the flight back to Korea and fall back in Luhan’s arms. He’s there with Jongin to keep up with a business deal he couldn’t handle himself. But it’s already four month he is stuck here aching to go back to Korea. Jongin came approximately a month ago to speed up the process and leave with him. He misses Luhan and the soft lips with a hint of a smile pressed on his own and arms that wrap warmly around his stomach. The voice that calls out his name in a whisper and utters ‘I love you’ repeatedly.

Jongin stands behind the glass door in the balcony staring at Sehun who looks at Luhan’s photo on his bedside with so much adoration. He’s on the phone with his supposed fiancée, still hanging together for the sake of the relationship they shared, talking about their day.

 “Do you remember, what I had told you once about you leaving me, you’re not replying to my words never made sense to me. I thought you were trying to ignore me” said Kai with a laugh of his own.

‘Don’t you ever leave me, or I swear kill you with my bare hands….’

‘I can’t help but leave you, love. It’s my destiny that I can’t ignore….’

“I had replied just you didn’t hear, because I really thought that I won’t be coming back to you. The thought scared me and I had a larger agenda to fulfill for which I couldn’t be weak. But I ‘m glad I didn’t have to otherwise I won’t be able forgive myself.”

“Sometimes I think we suffered due to lack of communication or maybe things between us escalated to fast. We should have taken time to know each other.” Kai replied.

“Somehow our not taking time to know each other is better, because if you knew me then, you would never love me. Now that I’ve changed you can gladly know to your heart’s fulfillment.” Sejoon says with a soft laugh.

“You are so lame. Learn some flirting will you?” A soft chuckle escapes Kai’s mouth as he looks up and find’s sehun standing in the balcony beside him leaning on the railing, examining his face.

“Joon-ah, I’ll talk to you later ok. I need to go. Bye-bye.” Kai hangs up with a smile on his face and pockets the phone. He turns halfway towards Sehun, to address him.

“So what’s up, tiger?” Kai asks Sehun, Sehun just shakes his head and stares at Kai. Kai also takes his moment to prevail in the silence, as he lets Sehun gaze at him.

Sehun goes in thoughts staring at Kai as he recalls his conversation with Luhan when he got a call a few moments ago, which gave him a striking realization.

 

“Is it possible to find someone perfect for you, if you’re committed to someone else?” Luhan had asked this single query to Sehun.

“No, if you’re committed to someone, you don’t let yourself find perfection in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter