Chapter 10 (Final)

Two sides of the same coin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

3rd person narration

 

 He releases the barren and loads the gun to shoot. Standing in the center of the room he aims at Kai. Sejoon releases a helpless cry as Kai looks up emotionless ready to face his faith. But suddenly the gun is hit out of Baekhyun’s hand by something sharp hurled at him.

“Not so soon, Byun Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun is flustered at the loss of his weapon of defense as he whips his head to look at the intruder with fire in his eyes. He is ready to kill. No one stops Byun Baekhyun, no one.

“Tiger.” Kai sighed in relief. Sejoon looks up the intruders and then at Jongin s how relief washed over his face.

Baekhyun gave a stink eye to the new entry entries. Kyungsoo, park Chanyeol and very unmistakingly striking oh Sehun.  

 

Oh Sehun

He was a normal looking man, but for some reason I had to stop and stare. It wasn't the beauty, no, none of that. It was the look in his eyes that had caught me off guard. A sense of ultimate and unstoppable power. I'm not sure if this was a good thing, but I couldn't get more into it, the police will be here soon. Baekhyun looked mad and the next thing I know he was reaching out for his gun so I shot it away from his reach which made his followers support their boss and we were outnumbered.

I looked at Kyungsoo and Chanyeol in my view and soon gunshots resounded and hit battles took place as the backups, Kyungsoo bodyguards police officers, filled the place and covered for us. We knew we had less time. I had to get them all free and deal with Baekhyun later but before I could reach them Sejoon had already escaped his shackles with Chanyeol help as Jongin was helped by Kyungsoo. I tried to reach for Mr. Lee but soon a gunshot passed me gingerly and shot Mr. Lee’s shoulder.

I turn to look at the shooter and stare back at the striking midnight black orbs with sparkling iris revenge having their full power on him as he holds the gun tighter than required to stop his shaking hands. Baekhyun was raging.

“Whom are you trying to save huh? He ain't only involved in my destruction. He plans to destroy your and Jongin’s father too.  I know all this because he himself told me. You want to save that bastard?”

“That bastard is your uncle, my father hyung. How can you say this?” Sejoon confronted him. Chanyeol was trying to hold him back from getting involved in a fight with Baekhyun defenselessly.  Baekhyun tried to dodge Sehun and go for a kill at mr.lee but Chanyeol points his gun at Baekhyun to stop but before he could aim at Baekhyun Kyungsoo came and struck the gun form Chanyeol’s hand diverting the bullet as it hit one of baekhyun’s mans who groaned in pain as he collapsed on the ground. The bullet sound alerted Baekhyun who turned around and looked at Chanyeol and Kyungsoo staring at each other intensely as if trying to convey words in silence. Baekhyun smirked and took a step back. And in the next moment as Sejoon takes off towards his father Baekhyun turns swiftly to shoot Mr. Lee but before can fire Sehun holds his arms to block him from hurting anyone further and throws kicks after kick which Baekhyun can’t dodge well.   “Not prepared in one-to-one combat it seems.”I smile to myself looking at his disturbed face trying to concentrate and block my moves. I have to bring him down no matter what. My family safety lies in my hands now as I give a side glance to Chanyeol holding Kyungsoo close to him to keep him grounded as Jongin fights his level best to keep away the guards. As the police have everything under control they start to retreat but Sejoon is not ready to leave his father. Having no option Chanyeol pulls him by force and hauls up in his arms. Baekhyun is being covered by the police and taken away in another car.


"Jongin. It's time, we should leave immediately."
Kai only nodded silently heading up the stairs but stopping a foot in, noticing I was still standing there looking. "Sehun? Are you ready?"
I gulped harshly, my throat was dry and I desperately needed water. But again, I had no time for that, so I walked in a rushed pace.
"If you need anything or if anything happens you know you can call me and Kyungsoo right?" Chanyeol had announced before pushing a quiet yet struggling Sejoon with him.
"I know." I answered and hugged Kyungsoo one last time. I gave one final glance towards Sejoon, unspoken words lingering on both our lips for comfort before I stared straight at car’s open invitation and walked out. Then suddenly …..

BANG!

 

3rd person narration

Sehun turns in a whiplash and finds Jongin sliding to his knees as Mr.lee stands with a gun in hand in his wobbly knees. But mr.lee is down as another gunshot is resounded making a loud gasp escape Sejoon’s mouth. Mr.lee sports a gunshot on his chest and the police assistant comes in view. Sejoon can’t be hoisted up anymore as he pushes off Chanyeol and runs off to mr.lee. Sehun is shocked enough to not move a limb but a single grunt from Jongin in the silent night breaks his array. Blood is seeping through Jongin’s shirt, slowly.

"Jongin," Sehun hisses between chattering teeth. His face is white, scared; Jongin wants to reach up and smooth back his bangs the way he's always wanted to, but he stops himself. "What the are you doing? Get up."

Sehun had always been stubborn, used to getting his way. Sehun had begged Jongin, begged him please, stay for me—and standing there looking breathless and vulnerable, hair all wind-blown and astray—what could Jongin do? He was his friend, wanted him to be happy. It wouldn't be the first time Jongin took a blow for Sehun, wouldn't be the last time he bit his tongue for his sake.

How funny, he thinks now, teeth digging sharply into his lip, as Sehun tries to hoist him up away from the road, and ignores the dull pain in his abdomen. "Sehun," he grunts, and tries to shake him off. But it's too much movement for him to handle, and Jongin finds himself furiously blinking back tears. "Sehun, stop."

Sehun throws him a look that could be, all at once, terrified and angry, and tugs hard. "Jongin, now's not the ing time to be lying around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter