Chapter 10 (pt.1)

Two sides of the same coin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lee Sejoon

 

“Now, when everything is settled down let us bring out the main character or the puppet holder of this story huh?” Abeoji  asked.

He gave a wicked smile before asking a guard to inform someone to come down to the basement. And after five minutes the guard returned with a full sleek suited man, in proper attire and looking all wealthy climbing down the stairs.

He dusts his blazer when he says, “Do some pest control in here will you?” and Abeoji welcomed him with a crooked smile and draped an arm around the newcomers shoulder. I couldn’t believe my eyes, this can’t be true. The person standing in front of me can’t break my trust so easily. I laid my whole trust in him. He gave a subtle smirk before saying.

“Won’t you welcome me Sejoonie?”

I closed my eyes tears made way down my face. His voice pricked my heart. Why did he do this?

“Aigoo, why did you hurt him so bad? I told you nah to give him a painless death. No scratches on his handsome face please. He’s my lovely Sejoonie. Who did this to him?”

Suddenly a few guards moved back steps to leave the guard who had punched Sejoon in the limelight. The guard looked panicked and tried to look for an escape on his left-right. But he was caught by his collar before being dipped to the ground by a guard and kicked on his stomach to fall on his knees.

For the cute face of his, he was quite a different picture now. He grabbed the back of the guards head and spoke clear for everyone to listen.

“For all the sixteen years I’ve known him, I haven’t let a single thing hurt him and you out of all people had the guts to do this to him. Sejoon is only to be hurt by me because I never share my toys. They are mine to play with. And those who dare to touch my toys I destroy them with my own hands.” He extends his hand to his left before a gun is placed in his hands. The guard started to struggle and fidget to get out of this place.

He placed a hand on the guards shoulder to hold him in place. “Oh hush. Stay still. Otherwise I’ll make it more painful.” He said looking straight in the guards eyes as he placed the gun on his forehead and as if hypnotized the guard stayed still and the loud gunshot echoed as blood splattered from back of the guards head and he fell back on the ground. He handed the gun back to the owner and wiped the blood in his hands on the dead guard’s shirt as he stood up. I couldn’t digest this whole ongoing scene. The one, who didn’t hurt a single being till date, was standing as a monster in front of me.

“wh…why?”I spluttered. He came and scooted in front of me and brushed back my hairs. “Because I needed to Sejoonie.” “But why hyung? I trusted you, Baekhyun hyung.”

Yes, Baekhyun hyung, my ever lovely, caring and faithful brother Byun Baekhyun for him I could even die. I can’t believe he betrayed me after being one of my trusted confidents. I feel like I’m stabbed in my heart.

Baek hyung got down on his knees and held my chin in his hand. “Because that’s my revenge.” He said and jerked me close to whisper in my ears, “and everybody here is the pieces of chess to bring down the main person behind them all.”  He moved back and saw in my eyes I couldn’t help but use you Sejoonie; otherwise I wouldn’t have even thought about hurting you.”

He was looking like a maniac; my ever lovely hyung was looking like a maniac to me now. I couldn’t help the dread feeling settling in my chest.

“If you look closer son, u can see that there is a lot of difference between both the twins’ faces. The other twin has this soft look on him while he is sharp at angles.” Abeoji says to Baek hyung.

“Hmm, it seems so, but Sehun is an insolent brat, while our Sejoonie is an angel. Right? ” he says as he ticks my nose and move away from him to which he gives an airy laugh and gets up.

 

Oh Sehun

 

 I glance up at the body guard who was prying at me. He looked like he wouldn’t move an inch from there. And he was making me conscious.

 “Its ok, you can leave now.” I said.

 “I’m told to keep track of you 24/7 sir.”

“Track of me, mind your words. I’m no criminal.”

“Sorry sir.”

“You can just stay outside the room. No need to come in here.”I said in a stoic voice. He looked a bit taken aback before he stepped out of the room.

Yes I know there is trouble lingering around. They tried hard to hide the truth but I caught on Kai’s stuttering. He left me hints. I didn’t react because that would alert the people ready to harm us. I have to play it cool. As soon as I was left alone I started to search my contact list. I had to call him because only he can help now. But then this phone could be tapped too, so I found it safe to text instead, I opened his contact.

“Hyung?? Are you there??” nearly five minutes later he replied.

“Yes, tell me.”

“I need your help, Kyungsoo-hyung.”

“What happened? You okay?”

“Jongin and Luhan are in danger. I’m trapped. Need your help.”

“Ok tell me where you are, I’ll get everything done.”

“Thank you hyung.”

 

"What?", both I and Kyungsoo sighed. We were in car parking of Kyungsoo’s home, unscathed. That was the safest place now. After getting my text Kyungsoo bought his personal bodyguards to my rescue. I told him the whole issue but the amount of resource we need for the rescue mission can be given by one person. Park Chanyeol. Chanyeol joined us immediately on
"Do you want to tell him or should I?" Kyungsoo asked.
"I think it best if you do, he doesn't understand me at the moment."
Well this is only person who can help me. I thought to myself. I had no way other than asking his help after all. It was important now. And as far as I know my words now won’t make any sense.
"Listen very carefully to what I'm about to tell you."
Kyungsoo said he did listen, he listened to the whole story and he couldn't believe it. Even I couldn’t believe when I had heard it all. All of this was happening right under my nose and I couldn't do anything about it. I was such an idiot but I am not weak. I won't let it happen. I close my eyes to open it with a determined look. I look at them and they give me affirmative nods. This might bring consequence but I’m ready to face them.

 

Byun Baekhyun

 

I know this was not something Sejoon had expected from me. But I’m helpless because this is what I’m aiming for the past six years. I can’t let myself down after executing the perfect plan for being weak in love. He’s my brother I cherished but I can’t let my ambitions go for that. I’m heartless and so be it.

“Now let’s bring down the rest of the people who are no more required by me.”I say as I look at the guards around. Mr.lee gives that confused look and in the next second he’s knocked out cold, as his motionless body is bided on the wall near Kai by shackles. I look behind me as I hear a gasp, to look at Sejoon’s tear stained face, struggling to free himself from the binds. Obviously he’s closest people were tortured by me and I didn’t expect him to stay still but it’s all because of my ambition and revenge.

 

 

 

 Three years ago in states, I had an apartment as accommodation. I was doing my masters final year had my love of my life beside me. I was happy beyond all the problems. I wanted to be a musician but I know I’ll be pushed into the world of business by my grandma who wants the company to regain its old glory and has put her trust on me. I can’t let her down. 

"Babe, what's wrong? You've had your eyebrows furrowed for a long time now." Her voice speaks to me from the bed she lays half on.

"Nothing Krystal, just thinking about my wonderful life." I sarcastically stated as I got up from my desk and headed towards her on the bed.

"Why are you thinking about it now?"

"I'm always thinking about it." I declare heaving a sigh and sitting on the bed, elbows on knees and my face buried in my palms.

 She comes and hugs my middle section from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter