Chapter 8

Two sides of the same coin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kim Jongin


"I'm sorry Mr. Kim-"
"Jongin." I hiss.
"Sorry, J-Jongin, but your father cannot have any surprise visits at the moment please come back at a more appropriate time—"
"I am his son! Or does he not understand the importance of the matter!?" I yell at the receptionist and watch her as she violently flinches at my barking voice.
I had come the day after the party in order to get some answers, knowing very well my father was a stubborn man and probably not going to tell me anything but I didn't care because I was going to force it out of him.
"Yes Sir I understand but—"
"No forget it!" I push passed the guards at the entrance and violently made my way to the doors as they tried to hold me back by my arms, talking into the telecom placed on their right arms calling for security. I wriggled free and quickly paced myself towards the doubled doors that led to my father’s office.
"Father! “I shout as soon as the doors burst open.
"I am sorry sir; we tried to hold him back." The guards pant as they bowed their heads in shame.
My father faces the view of Seoul, back faced towards me and everyone else. He brings up a lazy hand and they leave closing the doors behind them. Slowly he turns towards me face hard and stoic.
"So what was so important you couldn't see me?" I scoff, looking around to fine nothing, not even a secret meeting.
"I didn't want to rip your idiotic head off." He answers voice never faltering.

“Do care to explain this?" He spits throwing a recently read news paper at my feet.

 I didn't need to pick it up to know what it was. It showed a picture of Luhan hugging Sehun near the Starbucks café. Well Sehun and Luhan’s relationship also came as an epic shock to me though but I decided to act as if it didn’t effect. After all it was all concluded in a misunderstanding.
"Sehun's boyfriend came to visit." It was evident he even had no idea about Luhan being my friend too.
"Sehun?” I look back up to see an eyebrow raised in question.
"You and I both know that is not Sejoon father." I say walking over the paper and up to his desk.
"Indeed." His cold face held an amused smirk and his dark old tired eyes held something I couldn't decipher." So you figured out his name then, Sehun, is it?"
"Of course I did."
"I remember you coming to me so ecstatic that you had finally proposed to Joon but only for me to remind you that it was impossible for Sejoon to be here. What a naive child." My father chuckled bitterly. I scowled at him which only seemed to fire his spirits more.
"So when did you finally think of listening to my words and know it wasn't actually him?"
"The party, although I had my suspicions before, he wasn't the same."

Well what I didn't say was that He was better in fact..... Sehun was nothing like Sejoon, because deep in my heart i knew he was better.
"I had asked Sejoon to call you. Fortunately haven’t told him anything about the situation here yet. What will you ever do without me? Is this what he deserved?” father asked utterly enraged because I know how much he adores Sejoon.

“No”, I couldn’t help my thinking but for some reason I don’t regret doing it. Getting close to Sehun, loving his personality came spontaneously to me. The situation between Sehun and me has improved a lot after the revelation. We have grown as friends. But now is not the time for this. The truth that I can find from only my father needs to be cleared.
" This isn't why I'm here."
"It's not? Then what?" My father spoke as he picked up his forgotten scotch drink to his lips taking a gulp.
"Father do you recall Director Oh, the one who worked under President Lee?"
“Well long time back…..”

 

I returned to the mansion after meeting my father.  But hell was called upon when i told Luhan and Sehun everything. "He what? Kai that wasn't part of the plan."
 "We never—"
Luhan raised his hand up to stop me from speaking." Okay Yeah. I do realize we did not have a plan, but still, who knows if he's telling the truth or not. And we can’t risk Sejoon knowing about Sehun. We’ll be doomed" well Luhan never liked my father so this reaction was expected.
"He was sincere Lu, and he wants to help, I can't just say no." I sigh as I sit back on my expensive, but very uncomfortable couch, making a mental note to sell this and actually get a comfortable one, as Sehun had suggested a few days back.
Silence surrounded the room, Sehun has not said a single word the whole time I had told him the story I heard from my father. I figured he was most likely still confused, or either pitying the situation.
"Fine." Luhan muttered." But if I see some sketchiness from your father, he is O-U-T out!"
"That's fine." I say not really bothered to deal with the situation anymore. Suddenly I remember something my dad had told me that I had forgotten to mention. "Sehun." I say aloud and watch as his head perks up at the sound of my voice. I stare at his confused face when I don't say anything and just look at him from the couch to where he stood away from me. He was different. Yes, in every single way. Even if it was merely few days, I hoped that the current situation of, Sehun being here beside me as my love, to be the truth somehow. It was wrong though. Sehun was Luhan’s boyfriend. And Sejoon was mine.
 "Yeah?" He says after a minute of me not saying anything.
" Oh yeah. My father would love to meet you. Is that fine?" My voice was soft and gentle when I spoke to him, trying not to scare him away with the news of my father wanting to see him.
He looked surprised for a second, but that was quickly replaced by a small smile and a head nod as he goes back to whatever he was thinking about. "Jongin." His says voice in a hushed tone, but I could hear him clearly.
"Does he know my—"
 

 

 

Oh Sehun


A ringing erupted from Kai's pocket cutting me off from what I was about to say, I watch as he bites his lower lip before fishing it out of his pocket and as his face paled when he checked his caller ID.
He looked up with a worried look towards me and Luhan and I couldn't help but feel confused. He raised his finger to his lips signalling us to be quiet. He glances back down towards his phone and he clears his throat before answering the call.
"Sejoon, baby I haven't talked you in so long." My throat became dry and I suddenly lost the ability to breathe as I finally realize who had called Kai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter