8. His Crisis After Break Up

Every Night The Loneliness

 

B2ST stepped onto the Music Bank stage as they went into place for the starting formation for Fiction but as they fooled around before it began, only Junhyung was thinking back to the day where if it hadn't happened, he wouldn't be where he was now....

 

================

 

[January 10, 2007]

 

Cherry blossoms bloomed on trees but leaves were slowly beginning to appear as well as summer was near as a month passed since Junhyung started attending Shikano Tekatomiku University after accepting to join a very special singing and dancing program.

 

The reason he accepted, like his girlfriend had always known and supported for, was because his goal is to be the best rapper the world has ever seen or at least the best one in all of Asia.

 

During his time staying in Tokyo, he met a lot of new friends and visited a bunch of places that he used to only be able to wish he could travel to when back in Seoul, Korea by looking at the photos tourists had posted on online websites.

 

"Eh, Junhyung-san!" Rimoto, his one year university senior with short black hair slanting in one direction, stood on two purple and white high top sneakers in a black cotton hooded sweatshirt with a denim hood and a blue zipper vest on top as he called for his junior.

 

 

Junhyung sported his own red zip-up hoodie sweater, his favorite pair of black skinny jeans torn at the knees, black high-strap leather sneakers with fake gold buttons at the strap ends and having a silver chained coned necklace and bracelet freely.

 

Turning his neck in the direction of the sound, he responded with "Ah! Rimoto-san!" in Japanese because he had already learnt it before flying over to Japan as he now knew how to communicate with anyone in the language like he was doing so to his friend.

 

"Junhyung-san, have you seen Kato-san and Ariku-san? Didn't we promise to meet here after the school bell rung? They're fifteen minutes late! Good thing I got here sooner then them!" Rimoto had a voice that resembled a cats meow but in a slightly lower note.

 

"Oh really? Their not here yet?" Junhyung looked around the hexagonal courtyard surrounded by cherry blossom trees outside in front of the entrance doors to the four city block sized campus where his dorm in-class dorm was just southeast from their position.

 

"Oi! Hey! Junhyung-san! Rimoto-sama!" A low voice echoed louder than it sounded, the two saw that Kato was running towards the pair with Ariku seriously lagging behind as he was well out of breath as the older boy who looked like he didn't even break a sweat.

 

Kato

Ariku

 

"Ah, there you are! It's a quarter past 3pm. You're BOTH late! Ever heard of being on time to anything other than classes?" Rimoto nudged as he jokingly lectured his friend while hooking an arm around him and the extra tired companion who was gasping.

 

Junhyung followed the three as he knew that he must be smiling brightly since his cheek started to hurt, but what he felt was a uncertainty that he just couldn't put his finger on what it was which bothered him a lot giving him a lot of stress since this morning.

 

Brushing his shoulders as if to relieve himself of the unknown weight, he went over to his black motorcycle and hopped on as the seat bounced once before the engine made a clean and quiet growl, riding to a slow stop right beside his friends.

 

 

"Kato-san! Hurry up and get on, quick!" Junhyung did this every day since their houses were extremely close to one another so he drove both of them to and from home every weekday but it was always a fuss when he was locked in Rimoto's well built arms.

 

But just as planned, Kato tickled the one holding him captive as he was free for only fifteen seconds which was enough for him to sprint like a gazelle and leap on, landing with a soft thump in the back seat while swiftly putting on the second black bike helmet.

 

"Junhyung-san!!!" Taunted Rimoto, "I'll get you someday!" shaking his fist that was surprisingly smaller than the rest of them with him being the strongest, shouting a empty threat that meant nothing at all since this occurred so often it was becoming a habit.

 

Meanwhile, the two escapees rode away as once they were out of sight, started laughing heartily but stopped as Junhyung nearly ran into the curb, swerving to avoid as they were soon to be arriving at Kato's house as he dropped him off then drove back home.

 

Junhyung's house was like a normal one but in apartment form as it had a basement, a main one which he called his lobby and a first floor plus the second floor where his friends usually slept over as it had extra furniture such as a sofa, bed, mini fridge & dining table.

 

http://coolboom.net/architecture/guest-house-tokyo-by-kino-architects/

 

After parking his motorcycle in his garage through his own alley way, he suddenly felt it build up again; the anxiety now double the amount it was as he now couldn't get his mind off it, just what was the problem?

 

Stepping into the building, each step he took up the stairs to his living room was weighed down more and more as he went one by one until he spotted the telephone that was blinking.

 

"Huh, new message?" Automatically switching back to his native language of Korean, he grabbed the cordless phone as he went through them as he realized it was ALL calls, 50 of them in total.

 

Puzzled, "50 calls? Rimoto calls 10 times, Kato calls once for my home and cellphone, Akiru dials twice then stops making me call him, so who could it be?" he pressed a button to see the Caller ID.

 

All 50 calls were from his mother back in Korea, who NEVER calls unless it's a emergency.

 

Pressing the recall button after what seemed like hours of nervous thinking, Junhyung's nerves made him jittery as the dial tone ringed for possibly ages before he heard a breath on the end.

 

"Mom," Junhyung could hear her breathing coming in short, shuddering gasps, "calm down and slowly tell me whats wrong, I'm here for you" now using words to get her to relax.

 

"J-j-junhyung~ah, w-where were you?" She sounded more natural but that didn't hide the sound of a cry being held back.

 

"I was at the University for a after class study session, you know it occurs every Saturday afternoon, I've told you before. Why are you asking?"

 

"I-I'm so glad. I'm so glad that y-your safe." Her voiced expressed the same relief that a dehydrated person who hasn't eaten in a week would have.

 

"Mother," He never called her that unless he was dead but politely serious, "Tell me what is the problem now, please, I beg of you." but his hand was almost crushing the phone as he was afraid of her answer.

 

There was a long pause as the only thing he could hear was his own heart pounding in his chest at a sped up rate but not in a way it would cause a heart attack but to him, this was second to that.

 

"Junhyung~ah, your younger brother he......." His mother was speaking in between softened, soft gasps as she felt the urge to shed tears again but was holding it back with a lot of effort.

 

Tension grabbed him, making him choke as his throat felt constricted of air but the only thing keeping him alive was the curiosity latching onto his life line while mumbling a "Yes?"

 

"Junhyung~ah, he's in the hospital again. He has laryngitis now."

 

The nervousness, anxiety and tension cleared but shock, worrying and the urge to rush filled it's place as Junhyung took in a sharp breath after using much effort to regain oxygen.

 

No one outside his family know that Yong Junsung, the youngest son's immune system weakened after inhaling car exhaust years ago that later caused high fevers, bloody coughs, painful breathing and fatigue.

 

"Doesn't he still have pneumonia?!" "Yes." "How long has he been in there?" "Junsung just got admitted this morning." "How is his condition right now?" "Mm, he won't eat much these days." 

 

"Do you need me to return back to Korea to look after him again?" Junhyung always volunteered himself to look after his brother when his parents weren't currently present.

 

Quickly zipping his bag closed as it now had all the belongings he brought overseas, he slung it over his shoulder as he speed walked past a table, swiftly grabbing the keys to his ride.

 

"N-no, you don't need to!" His mom refused but then she eventually gave away as she knew there was no stopping her son once he was committed to something. "Well, if you insist then I guess you may."

 

"Be careful, Mom. Call me if you need me, I'll answer this time." Slamming the reciever onto it's base, he ran to the garage before stuffing his luggage in the storage under the seat, closing it tight.

 

His hind motorcycles tires burned a line on pavement that trailed onto the road, swerving to the right and loosing traction but regaining it one second later as he zoomed away towards the airport.

 

Once arriving, Junhyung came to a screeching halt infront of a man in a orange vest with neon green stripes, a white helmet and holding orange flagging light sticks who approached him.

 

"You guys allow vehicles this small onto the plane right?" He yanked his luggage out of its hiding place then slinging it across himself as he couldn't stay still in one place being constantly moving.

 

"Yes but it' will cost you so if you may kindly--" The man never go to continue as he was given how much Junhyung had left in his wallet which was enough, the man quietly leaving to do his work.

 

He didn't  have to buy a ticket as the Shikano Tekatomiku University promised a free flight back to Korea as he now bolted up the steps of the privately reserved jet, sitting down in the same window seat he had on the free trip to Tokyo.

 

Glancing out the scenery bellow the jet that took off a few minutes ago, many thoughts were spinning around his mind like a slide show going 10x the normal speed, 1 second per slide.

 

The reason Junhyung was acting this way was because that his worst fear for four years has horridly come true: His brother's health has worsened to the point of needing dire treatment.

 

----------------

 

Yong Junsung sat with his back slightly laying down as the risible section of the hospital bed was at a 45 degree angle, relaxing even though he had an IV inserted into his forearm.

 

"Mom, when do you think he will arrive?" His voice sounded like air leaking out, also having barely enough energy to be able to move his hands and place it on his lap silently.

 

"Don't worry, he said he would be here very quickly which we both know he keeps his promises." The two boys mother smiled slightly as she held her sick sons hand tightly.

 

And speak of the devil, the door was swung open by a great force as Yong Junhyung, the oldest son, burst into the room looking exhausted after running through the hospital to search for this certain room.

 

"Junsung!" Making a clear course for his brother but stumbling at the end, he grabbed the metal railing on the side as he stopped for a while to catch his breath while panting hard.

 

"Junhyung, here you are at last. Did you have a nice and safe return home?" Junsung gave a smile that seemed weak but it was full of the joy at seeing his own brother by his side.

 

"Yes I did. But how are you right now? I thought pneumonia was bad but you even have laryngitis now!" His tone sounded exaggerated but the care for his brother was loud and clear.

 

Coughing before responding, "I'm fine, just tired or drained a little and maybe a bit hungry too. But mom did already give me her nice cooking for brunch since I missed breakfast." Junsung assured his sibling of his safety.

 

While the two was deep into their kindly conversation, their mother managed to sneak away without being heard, looking back for a second with grin before closing the door with a click.

 

"Hey, Junhyung~ah. Can you do a favor for me, please?" Though his skin was white like the sheets and the voice he was slowly regaining, Junsung still used aegyo while talking to his brother.

 

"Idiot, how can you still act cute when your like this?" Junhyung chuckled as he playfully smacked his younger sibling, "Fine, what does my little bwo want his big bwo to do for him, hm?" using a little aegyo himself.

 

"Feed me." Junsung closed one eye wincing as he tried to raise his arm but gave up being too weak, instead he lifted a finger as he pointed to a black metal thermos with a spoon beside it.

 

"Again? Alright fine, I'll do it, it's not like this is the first time I've done this, hehe." Junhyung grabbed it, twisting the tight lid open after many tries then swirling the spoon around in the soup, scooping a bit before popping it into his brother's mouth.

 

While he was feeding the "sick", the two shared stories of each other when one wasn't there & from that day on, Junhyung visited Junsung every chance he got no matter how busy he was.

 

After a few weeks, he was dismissed out of the hospital and allowed to go back home as the older brother accompanied the youngest on a wheelchair to the family van then headed home.

 

Once reaching their destination and Junhyung finished putting his belongings back in his room instead of in his luggage, he went next door to his bed-ridden sibling as the two sons talked again.

 

"Junsung~ah." Flipping through a precious family photo album full of baby photos and birthday pictures, the eldest suddenly spoke up to the youngest after thirty minutes had passed since they began conversing.

 

"Yes, Junhyung~ah?" Resting on the bed with warm winter blankets that covered him up to his neck but was under his arms, Junsung had his eyes half closed as he was very slowly falling asleep.

 

"I promise you, I promise I won't leave your side ever again." Junhyung put the book down then turned to look over at his brother with a heart warming gaze and a smile.

 

"Ya, your making it sound like I'm going to die soon! Do you want that to happen?" The youngest taunted with a slight smirk as he kept blinking in order to stay awake but his eyes were disobeying him, drooping even lower with each try.

 

"No! I don't mean it that way!" The older brother panicked as he waved his two hands as they crossed over each other, gesturing there was nothing mean behind his statement before realizing what he did, putting his right hand over his mouth in embarassment.

 

His voice got more quieter as he started to give into the growing exhaustion he was feeling, "Ha ha, I know. Don't worry, I won't go anywhere and you won't go anywhere either." Junsung patted his siblings hand before getting some shut eye.

 

"Yeah, I'll never break our promise, bro." Junhyung stood half inside the room and outside the room, one foot on either side of the door, until he flicked the light switch off and carefully leaving to let his brother sleep peacefully.

 

Even a year later when the eldest son later went to audition and managed to become a new idol and join boy group called XING and graduated, he never forgot to frequently visit home almost every day after that incident.

 

Junhyung got to hang out with Junsung more after the time he decided to leave the group. He really stayed true to his words but that was going to be slightly impossible as a certain day came along:

 

The day he had to leave everyone at home in order to join B2ST.

 

The whole family consisting of his mother, father and younger brother who was in his wheelchair, all stood (and sat) in front of the entrance to the house to watch their eldest son leave for CUBE Entertainment.

 

Junhyung hesitated to board the black van that would take him to the place he had to go, starting to  walk away in baby steps but still constantly looking back at his home and everyone.

 

"Hyung." For the first time in what seemed like ages ago, Junsung called his sibling brother since he usually said his name instead as that made the oldest return to be in front of him.

 

"What is it, Junsung?" Junhyung really didn't want to leave so badly because he knew doing so might break his year long promise and never seeing his slowly healing blood relative ever again which was his second worst fear.

 

"Go safely and do your best. For me, OK? Please?" The look in Junsung eyes were slightly pleading but still seemed cute like always as he tried to make own his brother not worry about him.

 

Junhyung glanced at his sibling with a grin but then met his parents eyes as his mother was smiling with happiness, giving a silent nod of encouragement which he returned with his own nod.

 

Bowing to the staff members inside, he finally stepped into the car and took a seat near the window in the middle, he turned his head to see his family, trying to remember their happy faces before pulling the door closed.

 

Even though he didn't know what would happen to him in the future ahead but he knew and believed that he had everybody supporting behind him and the promise will not be broken.....

 

================

 

"Thank you B2UTYS!" The members of B2ST held up their arms while holding hands until they all bowed to the fans that just watched their Live Music Bank performance.

 

"Good job! Good work!" Yoon Doojoon, Jang Hyunseung, Lee Gikwang, Yang Yoseob and Son Dongwoon thanked the staff and the other artists as they returned to their backstage waiting room.

 

The main dancer walked side by side with the youngest member chatting meanwhile the leader, lead dancer and the Thomas look-a-like did the same but the main vocalist lagged behind as he now was beside the rapper.

 

"Hey, hey, Junhyung! Have you talked to Hongki yet? We're going to see him backstage later so why don't you go say hi?" Yoseob smiled brightly as he nudged repeatedly at his fellow member.

 

"Good idea. I'll meet you guys later or maybe when we go meet up with the others." Yong Junhyung separated from the group as he made his way towards his friend's waiting room.

 

Spotting Lee Hongki, the leader of the band FT Island, he waved his arm to try and get his attention, "Hey, Hongki! How are you doing? I just came over to--" cutting off after seeing a girl with him.

 

Junhyung recognized her to be Yong Jinkyoung, the newly debuted singer from his company as she was laughing along with his AB and Chocoball friendly companion, acting surprisingly close.

 

"What is she doing here? Isn't she suppose to be back in the practice room dancing? And how does she know Hongki better than I do?" Silently thinking to himself as he watched her suddenly grab his friends shoulder.

 

Jinkyong reached up on her tip toes or at least the tip of her boots, extending herself higher in height as she leaned her face in towards Hongki's as she planted a kiss on his right cheek.

 

Junhyung was literally frozen on the spot...