12. After Story

Every Night The Loneliness

[During the flashback, the words in bold is like a flashback IN a flashback! =3]

 

 

"Why yes, that's my name. What about it?"  Yong Jinkyong voice had a certain sarcastic ring to it as she randomly stuffed her hands into her pockets before swiftly turning and hopping off the vehicle.

 

Yong Junhyung lifted a hand to protest but a sudden dizziness rose out of no where which made him grip the sides of his head slightly in pain while swaying from left to the right, almost falling over.

 

"Whoa, hey there, are you alright?" Be careful." His shoulders were firmly grabbed by the hands of Lee Gikwang as he supported him, exiting the car with Yoon Doojoon who helped after they got out.

 

Son Dongwoon, Jang Hyunseung and Jinkyong were left to trail behind the other three on their way into their dormitory but only Yang Yoseob seemed to be permanently stuck to her side, constantly trying to keep up with her fast paced walking.

 

"Jinkyong-shi, ah right, your a same aged friend, Jinkyong-ah! What's wrong with Junhyung? He was OK, why is he suddenly sick?" The main vocalist showed a cute childish side as he spoke.

 

Her face had suddenly changed from a cocky smirk when talking to him to a expression that couldn't be read with her eyes showing no emotion but she quickly changed that into a smile.

 

"Don't know since I only saw him twice today." She joined the group on the ride up the elevator to their floor, sneaking a glance at each member before slipping a pass card holder from her pocket.

 

Tracing the thin leather then brushing her thumb across the pictured face of a black haired boy in street style clothing with an arm around a girl shorter than him with the other hand in a peace sign, both grinning brightly.

 

After hearing the loud "DING" sound of them reaching the selected level, Jinkyong lifted her head while quickly shoving it back where she found it, stepping off the elevator first ahead of anyone else.

 

Since it was the first time that she has been in an idol's dorm especially for them being boys, she decided to take a short mini tour around the place including the 3 bedrooms that 2 people shared.

 

Gikwang went with Dongwoon while Doojoon went with Hyunseung which left with only Yoseob and Junhyung to occupy the last one where they were heading for as the rapper was being laid down.

 

Doojoon took one last check on his fellow member until walking out "Everyone, go to your rooms, our schedule for tomorrow starts at 9am so make sure to get plenty of rests, alright?" with Gikwang who went with his roommate to their place.

 

As B2ST all went to their designated bedrooms, Jinkyong stood in the middle of the living room all alone until Yoseob popped his head out from behind a door, his voice piping up in a cheery mood.

 

"Doojoon, can Jinkyong sleep with us? She has no where to go anyways so why not with me?" The main vocalist showed a cute pout while trying to persuade or was it to beg for the leader to say yes.

 

"Fine, I will agree to it as long as she isn't sleeping beside you!" The leader pushed the vocalist to get him back inside his room but he squirmed too much yet eventually gave up and surrendered.

 

"Jinkyong, come here. We have an extra space but are you alright with sleeping next to Junhyung?" She couldn't believe what she heard, trying hard to maintain her composure while on the inside she wanted to reject the offer.

 

Putting on a difficult smile, she made her way over to where Doojoon was before stepping in as her eyes locked on the rapper who was resting with the covers up to his neck but being under his arms.

 

"Aw!! Why does she have to be beside him?! Can't she sleep with me?" Yoseob whined loudly with his arms and legs flailing in the air this way and that while lying down on his own bed that shook.

 

The leader didn't respond because he had already closed the door behind him when he left the room making the main vocalist fall back with his head hitting the pillow with a small "poof" sound.

 

Jinkyong took careful steps while being cautious of the noise her boots heels on the wooden floor before she reached the extra bed that was two arm lengths apart from Junhyung's with a lamp on a small drawer separating them.

 

Taking her shoes off as quiet as she could then placing them against the wall, she softly rested herself on the mattress, pulling the covers over herself a little bit later with a hand under the pillow.

 

Meanwhile, Yoseob had turn the lights off out of slight frustration and forced himself to go straight to sleep which to him was easier said than done since he was out like a light about two minutes later.

 

Pressing the ON button that was at the bast of the lamp, Jinkyong stared at the rapper's face that was outlined by the dim orange glow of light, her face again resembling like a blank sheet of paper.

 

She thought back to the action she did earlier when Junhyung was asleep in the van, how her hand had instinctively moved to be covering his & loving the familiar feeling of safety she got just by holding him this close to herself.

 

'Don't worry about it, I don't need him anymore, I have someone new and he's even better!'

 

Shaking her head slightly while wondering why did that suddenly come up in her mind even though she was the one who said it back in the past, refocusing her eyes on him but another popped up.

 

'You're the worst! I don't know why I even agreed to your stupid request in the first place!"

 

Jinkyong turned around so her back was now facing Junhyung's direction with her face buried in the blanket, plugging her ears with her hands to get the thoughts out of her head yet it was no use.

 

Feeling herself experience the same sting in her heart, the tears coming out from their hiding spots from the corners of her eye, reopening them while dragging the covers down as a flashback came.

 

=========

 

Looking around the darkened living room with no one in sight since it was 2am in the morning when the sounds of her footsteps were faintly heard, thinking that she was safe until the lights suddenly blindingly came to life.

 

'Yong Jinkyong, didn't I tell you not to stay out this late or even go out especially if your with HIM?' A boy in checked knee-shorts and with a white t-shirt saying 'Las Vegas' leaned against a door frame.

 

The girl cheekily turned to face him with a smile, "Sorry, Hyunki. I know I promised never to break the 11pm curfew you set for me but it was SO much fun today!" clapping her hands in excitement.

 

Lee Hyunki sighed deeply as this wasn't the first time she had done this so by now he was used to it but was still very irritated whenever he found out the reason she never came back when promised.

 

'It's not that bad is it? At least I come back since I know that you would panic like crazy if you didn't know where I was or if I was OK and stuff" Jinkyong's little dimples appeared while grinning widely which made his mood much brighter.

 

"Eh, I know that much, silly." He ruffled her hair as he couldn't help but be happier when he saw that smile of hers. "But next time, promise me, and don't break it this time, promise to be back by 11!"

 

"Yes, sir!" Giving a mini salute that ended with a angelic giggle, she jogged past him and into the bedroom that she had been occupying for the past few months after being admitted to the hospital.

 

"COWABUNGA~!" Acting like a ten year old again, Jinkyong sky dived in the air for just a moment before landing deep into the fold of her bed, making a human starfish imprint right in the middle.

 

After struggling to get out and managing to, she turned around as she glanced up at the ceiling with a big fat grin that died down after letting out a long & tiring sigh from , remembering what led up to her accepting his request:

 

[March 27, 2007. 2nd year of high school]

 

Students threw eggshells and half eaten sandwiches, lettuce that was dropped on the ground, disgusting leftovers the cafeteria ladies didn't want, every wasted food they could find at her.

 

"GO AWAY, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE HERE! YOU CHASED OUR PRINCE AWAY, JERK!"

 

"GET OUT, LOSER! YOUR THE DUMBEST PERSON I'VE EVER SEEN AND A MAJOR FREAK!"

 

"HEY, HOW WAS IT LIKE PLAYING WITH THE MOST POPULAR BOY THEN DITCHING HIM?!"

 

She let it all go and be hit repeatedly since she had really a choice: no one had gotten a single response from her in the past few weeks and only silently did her work by herself like a robot.

 

"HEY, ALL OF YOU STOP IT RIGHT NOW! PUT THAT DOWN!" A strong voice resonated in the cafeteria before a rush of tall boys came to stand as a barrier around her as the one who shouted stood by her side.

 

"Ya, Hyunki, why must you always stand by dat jackass? I know yuh da Prince's best friend but she's da one dat made 'im leave ya know?" A snobby 1st year boy complained in a weird slang.

 

"Apparently you have also forgotten your Prince is her CHILDHOOD friend." He gave the boy a glare seeming to hold all the anger in the world which made him back down without hesitation.

 

"That THING is our most popular boy's childhood friend? Because it's the first time I ever heard that crap. You sure it's not a rumor like the one about her hitting on him?" One fan girl piped up.

 

"Why you little--!" Hyunki rushed to give her a good punch in the face but the wall of three boys each grabbed a limb, pulling him back or keeping him planted in place as he struggled but gave up after remembering how it never worked.

 

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!" All students turned while some left or pretended to sit and eat their lunch peacefully as the principal walked in his suit that was too big for him.

 

Everyone went past him like nothing happened with no one saying a thing which made him angrier, suddenly pointing at the snobby boy & fan girl with a fat finger suffocated by a ring.

 

"YOU TWO! FOLLOW ME TO MY OFFICE NOW!" The principal turned around to stomp out of the place leaving the two people who were actually guilty yet acting innocent to follow in disbelief.

 

"Are you alright, Jihyun?" Hyunki knelt beside her as the three boys who became her barrier broke up as each one helped brush off the stuff that was thrown at her, carefully cleaning her hair and clothes.

 

Yong Jihyun kept her head down as her bangs shadowed her eyes as you couldn't see them but her dry lips parted open slightly as she mumbled. "Yes, I am............. Thank you very much."

 

He smiled while being glad that he could help with something apart from picking her up from the hospital weeks ago which was when this period started, a life of silence and excluding herself.

 

"Come on let's go home, I already gave a note to the office secretary and they don't mind if we skip the rest of the day." Holding onto her hand while guiding her out, all five of them left school.

 

[August 7, 2007]

 

"Oh my god Hyunki, I am SO sorry! It's all my fault, please forgive me!"

 

He laid there in his bedroom on his own king sized bed with an big ice pouch hanging from a rod connected to the wall and it was placed on his forehead while resting on an ice pillow as he had bandages on his face & hands.

 

"It's alright, those people deserved it for badmouthing you for so long. It doesn't hurt."

 

Yong Jihyun was kneeling by the bedside with her hands lovingly wrapped around his which was in a cast but her face showed worry and seemed to be on the verge of bursting out crying.

 

"You should go back to school now, you don't have to stay here cause I'll be fine, I promise." Lee Hyunki nudged her shoulder gently while gesturing to the other three friends in the room.

 

Seung, the red haired boy, kindly extended his right hand for her to take which she did slightly unwillingly but knew that the best thing to do at this moment was to follow what he had said.

 

Giving him her usual giggle then a wave, Jihyun left the room with the boys as after a ten minute drive in the blond boys sedan, they arrived back at school and went in just as the bell rung, signalling that lunch had ended.

 

Keeping her head down while in the halls with the three boxing her in between them, she didn't dare look up but when they were heading for their next classes, a group of students went by.

 

"Hey, did you hear? Our gorgeous Prince is back! And he's now in an idol group called XING!"

 

"No way! Are you serious? That's the best news ever! Does he still have the same classes?"

 

"Yeah!! Right now he should be having Science or Math class, I forget which one came first."

 

"Who cares!!! Let's just go find him!" "OK!! The room is in that direction, over there!"

 

Jihyun eyes widened as she stopped in her tracks as the two fan girl students ran past her the other way, screaming while running like the wind towards the Academics wing of the building.

 

"Same classes? Wait didn't Junhyung have the same classes as her except for second period before lunch?" The black haired boy looked back towards the doors to watch a mob zoom by.

 

"Your right! And Junhyung doesn't have Science or Math next, he has Music class next. Then shouldn't they be going that way along with us?" The blond pointed in front of them down the hall towards double doors.

 

Seung took one glance at her, noticing her hands were covering her face before he suddenly put a short orange-brown haired wig to cover her head, making her look up at him in surprise.

 

"If you go in like this, he won't recognize you, but he will know who we are. Don't worry, we'll just tell him your a new student in her first year here." She blinked quickly until smiling again.

 

"Thank you, Seung." Jihyun gently wiped the edges of her eyes with her finger tips, pulling on her school uniform tie then adjusting the wig a bit and clearing , beginning to act shy.

 

The bell to announce class has started went off as she took a seat a row behind the very same boy she knew a year ago, the most popular boy in school and the best one when it came to the looks category.

 

The blond boy, black haired boy and Seung nonchalantly took a designated seat beside Prince Yong Junhyung while acting to be sorry & apologize they were late, not looking in his direction.

 

Seung glanced back at Jihyun, giving a slight closed peace sign which was the signal to start their plan that was made on the spot, her head nodding in acknowledgement before standing.

 

Looking at each other while mouthing two words, the three launched into the first acting stage: Mentioning of a new employee at the CAFE the Prince had always went to with the rest of them.

 

"Hey, did you check out that new girl at the counter? She sure is darn pretty! And the caramel macchiatos she can make tastes like heaven!" The black haired boy playfully punched the two while expressing his joy.

 

"Does that mean then, that she is from heaven? And her being an angel sent down just to meet us?" The blond exaggerated on the angel bit but everything they said was decided on the spot.

 

"Eh, stop fooling around! There's no such thing as angels so enough making stuff up!" Seung pretended to scold them by raising his voice and lifting a fist but he meant nothing by his words.

 

Junhyung tried to pay attention to the one day T.O.C that replaced the teacher but voices made him unable to which led him to turn to face troublemakers but instead seeing his old friends.

 

"Seung? Is that you?" Looking closer at his face, totatlly forgetting about the current lesson at hand, squinting a few times before quickly lifting a hand for a high five. "It is you! How are you these days, hmm?"

 

Returning the high five then doing a quick handshake and shoulder bump. "I'm doing fine as usual but shouldn't I be asking you that? You disappeared faster than any magician, ha ha."

 

"Very funny and I know Hyunki told you about my invitation to attend a Japanese University in Tokyo. Anyways I've been better than ever" Junhyung showed a small smirk to his buddies.

 

Jihyun at this moment, still wearing the short orange-brown wig that Seung gave her, walked through the row the four were sitting at as she pretended to trip and fall over onto the Prince.

 

It was part of the plan but what happened next wasn't which was the stand that weighed nearly 30lbs in front of him suddenly tipped over, nearly falling onto him if she didn't grab it with cat-like reflex she never knew she had.

 

The papers went fluttering into the air until they fell onto the ground while she had continously mumbled. "I'm s-sorry! I w-wasn't looking where I w-was going! I'll c-clean that up f-for you!"

 

Before Junhyung had a chance to react, she already put everything back in place in the blink of an eye but it was also in a rush since everything was lazily put back then she ran out the door.

 

"What's with her? I've never seen her before here. Did she just start her high school years or something?" The Prince fixed up what was still leftover on the ground including extra papers.

 

"Why yes, her name is Song Jinae, a first year and surprisingly she shares half of the classes you have which is weird isn't it?" Seung looked at Jihyun who he could see was hiding outside beside the door windows.

 

The ending of class bell rang loudly through the halls as many students rushed out to see their wonder Prince again but instead was met with the toughest bodyguards a.k.a his three friends.

 

Junhyung again didn't bother to reply to what seemed like millions or billions of fan girl students shoving one another to get a better look & at this moment he spotted Jinae in a empty hallway.

 

Giving a nod to Seung and the others, he casually stepped out of their protection not worried at all because once he did, they all formed the usual wall to keep the girls to stay away from him.

 

Jihyun was frantically trying to calm her nerves down since both of her hands were shaking yet she didn't get a chance to as the school's Prince footsteps made her jump and spin around in shock while covering .

 

"Song Jinae-shi, am I correct?" Junhyung stepped forward while holding out his right hand in hopes of a friendly handshake but was met with her gasping loudly then bolting away from him.

 

"HEY WAIT! I JUST WANT TO BE FRIENDS!" Shouting at the top of his lungs, he watched her go left down a hall as just before she did, her wig tilted a bit to reveal her natural coffee brown hair.

 

Stopping in his ten second pursuit, his arm immediately falling to his side after seeing a glimpse of it, again standing their in disbelief like he did 6 months ago back when he visited his brother.

 

Clearing his head to look for Jinae again, he found the place empty which made him go running through the hallways, twisting and turning past corners while trying to find her but it all ended up leading to no results.

 

 

[And after that was the last time he would ever see his girlfriend.....................................or was it?]

 

Song is B2ST - 비가 오는 날엔 (Live)