3. Date With A New Devil

Every Night The Loneliness

 

Yong Junhyung was in a bad mood and feeling gloomy as he lay on a hospital bed in the afternoon.

 

"You know you didn't have to bring me here. It's just a few simple cuts that are bleeding."

 

"Yes, it is just small cuts but I bet you didn't know that you sprained your ankle and got bruises from landing on your ." Lee Hyunki held onto the bar on the side of the bed.

 

"Be quiet. I already told you the full long story about what happend so you don't have to go saying the partial obvious" Junhyung looked at his friend slightly annoyed.

 

"I just don't get why she has to do that to you every time she just happens to discover you there. She is such a protective parent to her daughter, remind you of anything?" Hyunki quietly chuckled.

 

"I know we are both thinking of the same thing, that she is just like my mother. Only difference is, as long as I'm happy she is, meaning I can date whoever I want." Junhyung smiled at that thought.

 

"Seriously, why is does she get violent towards you every time you appear in front of her. Doesn't she think about how Jihyun feels at all?" Hyunki took a seat on a chair.

 

"Eh, it's her problem not mine so I won't bother about it. It isn't like it's my fault either" He dragged his hand through his hair but pressed it back down again.

 

Lifting a fully bandaged hand, "You can go now you know unless you want to see THAT mood" Junhyung taunted and teased as he waved his friend away.

 

"Alright, I understand, I get it." Hyunki started to back up with his hands up, "And no thanks, I'm just glad I lived through that to see the sunlight again" turning to step out of the room.

 

Sighing loudly, he reached onto the counter to grab his hand phone, "Better call her, no wait, in case her moms with her, I'll text her instead." starting to tap in a message before sending.

 

'Dear Jihyun, I just want to tell you that I'm fine. My friends helped me bandage up my hands that were cut from falling. It seems I also sprained my ankle but don't worry, my friends also dragged me to the hospital so I'm OK. I'll see you in a few hours. P.S I love you <3'

 

Dropping his phone on the blanket, Junhyung drummed his fingers lightly on the bed.

 

"Now, what should I do for the next four hours?"

 

----------------

 

Yong Jihyun stood in front of the Centre Mall's directory as she trailed her finger down the list of stores, trying to find the one she wanted.

 

"Hey guys, do you know where that shop is again, it doesn't say anything about it on here." A boy and six others were suddenly now standing beside her staring at the map.

 

"Sangho?" She stared at the boy in confusion and recognition.

 

"Ah Jihyun! What are you doing here?" Yang Sangho enthusiastically clasped his hands with a fake smile as he knew this was how his diabolical plan would start.

 

"Um, I came here to get someone a special present. I'm going to give it to him later" Jihyun lightly scratched the back of her head.

 

"A gift? It's for someone right, someone thats in your heart, someone that is suppose to be me, right" Sangho never tore off his fake smile during his talking.

 

"Um, OK? Yes, it's someone special. His birthday is coming up soon" She shifted away, feeling awkward.

 

"Ah, then do you want us to help you look for that certain place? We are good at find things!"

 

"Really? You would do that for me? Oh thank you so much!" Being the pure, carefree girl she is, Jihyun didn't know that she just took the bait he left out for her.

 

Sangho took a step back waving his arms to the right, "Ladies first." letting her walk ahead of them but they caught up after a few seconds.

 

After spending much more time need since Sangho's groupies lead them everywhere according to plan they finally arrived at Lids, where she was to get him a new customized hat.

 

"Welcome! What kind of hat would you like?" The employee at the counter warmly greeed them.

 

"Uh yes. May I get that colored hat in that size with a special design?" Jihyun pointed to the one on display on the racks.

 

"Sure. And what will the lettering or design be?" The employee asked as they placed the cap under the needle.

 

"Can it say 'Joker' on top of a design that looks like diamonds?" She leaned over the table watching the machine move the needle as it started threading it onto the front.

 

Once it was finished, she took the box with a cute red bow before bowing to thank the employee and to say her farewell. Sangho was waiting outside and once she exited, he went up to her.

 

"Ah, I see that you got what you wanted? Great, I'll walk you back to where we started. Don't worry, we will leave after that." Still having that fake smile on, Sangho put his arm around her acting close.

 

"Thanks! I don't really know my way through this mall, it's my first time visiting here after all." Jihyun, again was oblivious to the fact that she just fell for his trap.

 

At the same time....

 

Yong Junhyung jogged lightly trying not to hurt the foot that was in a small cast since it was sprained, looking this way and that for his girlfriend, phone in hand with a message on screen.

 

'Junhyung Oppa! I'm so glad your not hurt too badly, and your friends are so nice! If you want to meet me, go to the Centre Mall, I'll be there for a while so look for me! Love Jihyun <3'

 

-sent ten minutes ago-

 

After searching every single level, he finally managed to spot her in the mob of weekday shoppers.

 

"Jihyun~ah! Over here!" Waving a arm in the air to get her to look, "Jihyun~ah! I'm right he--" cutting short as he spotted who was with her side by side.

 

Jihyun imagined his reaction when she gave him the box with the cap, smiling causing Sangho to fake smile again. Looking up at that moment, she saw her boyfriend a few metres ahead.

 

"Junhyung oppa!" She was happy to see him but he looked angry. She didn't understand why until following his line of sight: aimed directly at Sangho who still had an arm around her.

 

Junhyung stopped his jogging to come face to face with his girlfriend and eternal rival. Right hand balled into a tight fist, he held in the urge to burst shouting, being considerate of her.

 

"O-oppa! This isn't what it looks like!" Jihyun immediately split herself from his nemesis, hugging the box tightly to her chest while shaking.

 

"Yeah 'Oppa', this is all just a misunderstanding! We only helped her find the store she was looking for!" Sangho changed from a smile to the smirk in a flash.

 

Faster than anyone to keep up with, Junhyung's hands were directly at Sangho's neck in a death grip, his eyes blazing with hatred and anger while hiding clenched teeth.

 

"I don't know why your staying with her or why your even here in the first place, but I'll let you know one thing: If I ever hear and see you near her or touching her in the slightest. You.Are.DEAD!"

 

"Yes sir." Sangho showed his empty hands, acting innocent all of a sudden to disguise his joy over his plan that was going well with no errors so far.

 

He let go as there was now a red imprint on Sangho's neck where he clutched tightly. Putting his own arm around Jihyun, Junhyung walked quickly away with her.

 

"Yes sir, I won't be near her our touch her in anyway, but I'll be WITH her soon!" Sangho chuckled while trotting in the opposite direction, as stage two was over and stage two began tomorrow.

 

Making sure he was far from the group of seven, he turned around to wrap his arms around her in a hug, caressing her head softly.

 

"O-oppa, are you mad at me?" Jihyun looked down as a tear trickled down her cheeks, sniffling as well.

 

"No, I couldn't ever be mad at you, girl. I love you after all" He held both sides of her head, wiping away the tears with his thumb.

 

"Junhyung oppa..." She sniffled one last time before grabbing his hand tightly, starting to head towards the entrance of the mall to go home.

 

Jihyun's facial expression was like usual, bright and joyful but Junhyung's was dark and grim.

 

3 hours ago, in the hospital room.....

 

"So, I heard that you just got the invitation to take the program." Hyunki leaned back in the chair while looking at his friend.

 

"Yeah, I received the letter a few days ago." Junhyung was still in a bad mood and his face showed it.

 

"What's the matter? Is something wrong? Did you reject it that fast already?" Hyunki tilted his head curious.

 

"No, I didn't even reply back yet. I'm afraid about how she will react." He looked a photo of him and Jihyun on his phone.

 

"Ah, of course that's why. But did you forget that we can protect her if your not here?" Hyunki lightly nudged his friend while smiling.

 

"I know that," Laughing while giving a poke back, "but the thing is, if I leave her by herself here, even she is protected, I'm worried Sangho will get to her." Junhyung had a spark of anger at that image.

 

"I understand that much, clear as day even, but this isn't a oppritunity you can say yes or no to every single day, dude." Hyunki played with one of his rings by turning it around and around.

 

"I can't find the exact right moment to tell her, I don't even know what her reaction is going to be. Will it be good, will it be bad?" He sighed out of the stress just worrying about this matter.

 

"In good time my friend, the time will come when you will need to say it. Until then, think about it less or ask for our help anytime." Hyunki patted his friends shoulder lightly, nodding solemnly.

 

Lifting a fully bandaged hand, "You can go now you know unless you want to see THAT mood"Junhyung taunted and teased as he waved his friend away

 

"Alright, I understand, I get it." Hyunki started to back up with his hands up, "And no thanks, I'm just glad I lived through that to see the sunlight again" turning to step out of the room.

 

Presently.....

 

"Oppa, is something the matter? Your face doesn't look too good today." Jihyun placed a hand on his cheek. 

 

"Huh? Oh it's nothing." Junhyung tried smiling to reassure her that he was normal.

 

"Do you have a fever?" She placed the back of her palm on his forehead, fixing his hair for him afterwards.

 

"No, I'm really OK, trust me." He smiled as he took her hand in both of his.

 

"Alright, if you say so. Oh it's here! Taxi!" Jihyun waved her free hand, catching the attention of the driver who temporarily stopped to let them on.

 

Opening the door for her, Junhyung let her in first before slipping himself down on the seat beside, not letting go of her hand as once they sat down, they gave each other a short kiss.

 

"Junhyung Oppa, your birthday is coming up right?" She had her head laying on his shoulder as she giggled looking up at him.

 

"Yeah, it's in two days, why? You planning something special for little ol' me?" He by leaning towards her a bit.

 

"Of course, I won't miss that day or not make get you something as a present!" Jihyun nudged him to let her lean back on his shoulder.

 

"Oh really? Come on, you can tell me what it is, I wil lfind out pretty soon anyways." He nudged back, trying to get her to tell him or say any hints.

 

"Oppa, you know that I can't tell you, it's a secret! I also got it specially made just for you! No in the whole entire world will have the same thing!"

 

"OK, fine. I guess I can be curious for a few more days."

 

She smiled sweetly as they arrived at the front of her house, kissing him softly before opening the door and closing it to start going up the steps.

 

"Dong-Yi park please." Junhyung told the driver, laying his head against the window taking a glance at the sky.

 

"Someday I'm going to have to tell her. I just hope she won't cry, I'd really hate to see her like that."

 

Meanwhile....

 

Jihyun stepped into her house, making sure to close the door behind her, only to turn around and come face to face with her mother...