[Special] 10. The Culprit Who Can't Forget

Every Night The Loneliness

 

[I won't give all of it away but, the picture of an ulzzang above is what our mystery guy looks like now hehehe =3]

 

1 Hour Ago

 

Bright sunlight shined in through thin velvet curtains lining the glass doors of a bedroom patio as it illuminated the almost pure room with it's blank ceiling and walls plus a white bed with puffy covers.

 

Black picture frames ranging in many sizes covered some walls while others stood on the many white or black marble tables and wooden desks as each photo had the same thing showing:

 

Five boys all with either their arms around each other with cheeky smiles, up in the air showing excitement or all showing the same peace signs and cool expressions doing various things.

 

Everywhere you looked, those were the only scenes you could see except for one single picture that was by itself beside the bed on a drawer in a custom made wooden frame carved with two names in the corners.

 

Out of no where, the sound of a blaring alarm was heard from the small rectangular clock beside the solo photo but a hand with a black wristwatch poked the off button before it went any longer.

 

A shadow walked around the house as the sun was still beaming in through any source leading outside but disappeared after it started to head down the stairs to reach the first floor living room.

 

The phone rang like a bird as it trilled loudly for a long time before a black haired boy dressed in a casual t-shirt saying "I <3 NYC",  beige khaki shorts to the knees and fluffy white slippers answered.

 

"Hello? Ah yes, hello boss! Yes, I do have it prepared. Yes, yes, it will be on your desk by noon today. Yes I did remember to take extra side shots. Yes, the photos are very appealing. Yes, thank you boss. See you at work, have a nice day!."

 

Tossing his black sling bag over his right shoulder before taking his Canon EOS 60D digital SLR camera then switching his indoor house shoes for his outdoor pair of indigo, no lace converse.

 

After locking the front entrance, he slid himself into the driver seat of his pure white Hyundai SUV, the boy quickly yet safely started making his way towards the building where he currently worked.

 

Stepping out of his car but barely taking ten steps before a female voice calls his name, turning to see a short-haired hazel girl in a white blouse, black dress skirt and silver ballet flats with gems.

 

"Ah. Hello Eunkyung" His voice had a trace of annoyance and disliking but she couldn't sense that while putting on a huge smile which seemed it was worked on by many doctors and went through many treatments to end up like it was.

 

Like usual, she leaned close to him as if they were in a relationship more closer than just workmates or friends which made him very uncomfortable but he knew it would'nt be nice to say.

 

"So, did you hand in your new project that your working on to the big guy yet?" Eunkyung gave him a little space and fixed her smile to show her pearl white teeth better while fluttering her eyelashes.

 

"Um, yes. I'm just heading to drop it off right now," He was forced to get on the same elevator as her as she didn't want to go away. "and what are you doing here, I thought you worked on weekends?"

 

"I thought I would visit the office to see how our co-workers were doing their job. Cause you know if they fail on their part, they will lose their jobs." He could see past her grin which couldn't mask the fact that she wanted it to happen.

 

Suddenly Eunkyung pressed him into one corner of the elevator as her arms were blocking his escape routes on either side but this was almost a daily routine as it happened too regularly.

 

"You know the drill so here's the big question. Did you miss me at all or still is it a big fat no from you? Don't you even have a single strand of sadness when you watch me leave you? Hm?"

 

Again her luring, cat-like words were met with his still casual stare or a turn of the head to glance right past her because no matter how many times this went on, the answer was still the same:

 

"Eunkyung, please, just give it up already. This is getting tiring for the both of us especially me since I'm always trapped and you know exactly how much it would pain me to say yes to your questions."

 

"Come on, that's all just a thing of the past. You gotta learn to move on and forget all that stuff especially the useless ones. I mean, what's so bad about losing a close friend to someone bad. It's not like she was the one that jumped."

 

Without any warning, his hand met her neck as it was his turn to push her into a corner, temper finally bursting at the last sentence, unable able to follow the politeness motto he'd had for 3 years.

 

"What did I say about not mentioning anything about that? And for your information, I never liked you in the first place so mind backing off and giving me some space?" His grip threateningly tightened.

 

"A-alright! I get it, I'll leave you alone and never speak about it ever again! Now p-please let me go. I can't breathe!" Eunkyung choked as she spoke because her airway was almost blocked by his grip.

 

The door opened just as he furiously threw his hand to the side, letting her slide to the floor to leave her there as he adjusted his bag and camera which had shifted during the time in the elevator.

 

Taking a deep breath in then out while fixing the collar of his white no pocket cardigan, he grabbed the vertical metal bars handles, opening the double doors for the room belonging to the boss of his company: his own father.

 

"Ah your here! Did you finish it well?" His father sat in his high-back leather office chair in a expensive black suit behind a black limestone desk with a Dell laptop open in front of him.

 

"Yes, dad. I did so don't worry about it. Here's the documents you asked for." The boy handed over a big letter envelope, unwinding the string of the opening to pull out many photos of different models.

 

"Yes, very good, excellent even! I'm glad you took up photography during college, it really does suit you well." His father slipped it into one of the metal drawers where the other many documents were.

 

He was just about to leave when, "Ah right. Did you see your friend yet?" causing him to turn around in confusion, "He arrived here a few minutes ago, why don't you go see him?" before giving a bow and a nod then leaving.

 

The boy knew the one and only place where his own friend would go because it was where they both used to meet up after their long and hard schedules for the day had ended especially him.

 

Heading down a long reflective walled hallway with bowl-like lights on either side, he bowed to employees as he made his way to the outdoor garden and koi fish pond was on a separate roof.

 

Stepping outside, he saw a familiar figure dressed in a black t-shirt with white lettering and designs, black sleeveless vest, black jeans torn in places and black ankle army boots with laces.

 

"Hongki!" The figure turned around after hearing his own name, his lips curve as he smiled in happiness to be able to see his close friend again in what seemed like ages was actually two days since they met for a cup of coffee.

 

"Well if it isn't the exclusive photographer himself! Ha ha, I'm only kidding. I thought today was your day off, what are you doing in the office?" Lee Hongki took the boys hand before giving a shoulder bump.

 

"Yeah, but I came to hand in the project I was telling you about earlier to dad." He returned the bright grin as he fixed the position of his bag a little that had started falling off his shoulder a while ago.

 

"I see, ha ha. Oh, by the way, I'm heading over to KBS building for Music Bank later. Do you want to come along to meet the boys? They've never seen you before!" Hongki wink and nudged his friend.

 

"I'd be glad to! I'll meet you there after I finish up some work I laid off yesterday." The boy bid farewell for now but when he turned his smile faded as he slightly jogged to the parking lot as he actually planned to go home first.

 

After fetching the thing he forgot from his house, he went back into his car as a leather card holder being in his pocket with a hand sized picture that was the same as the one in the wooden frame.

 

Looking at it, his eyes showed a hint of weakness as a bunch of memories rose up again in his mind that he tried to bury under mountains of moments from the present but it didn't work.

 

Just thinking back to the past gave his heart a stinging pain that was the same as being shot which didn't go away but it also made him wonder how it had all started because of a broken promise.

 

He parked his vehicle out on the street beside the building instead of the parking lot, walking in as he glanced at the names of the different artists on their waiting room doors before finding the one he wanted.

 

Fixing the checkered fedora with a black band perched on his head as he ditched the NYC for a plain white one, replaced beige khaki pants with dark blue denim shorts plus a black backpack.

 

Opening the door seemed to have stirred the people inside as it was a sudden entrance with no prior knocking made except for one person who ran over to him while four others were all standing.

 

"You're here!"  Doing a quick high five with his friend, Hongki turned to face everyone else as he gestured grandly, "This is the one I was telling you about, the photographer who is also my pal!"

 

"Ah! Hello, my name is Choi Jonghun and I am the leader, pianist and a vocalist. I've heard a lot about you." The tallest of the others bowed 90 degrees but he almost folded completely in half by how deep it was in politeness.

 

"Hello, my name is Lee Jaejin. I'm the bassist, another vocalist of the band and a rapper, nice to meet you!" The blond haired boy did the same but going slightly lower in terms of angle.

 

"Hello, nice to meet you! I am Choi Minhwan, the youngest and the drummer of the group." It was clear who he was as there were a pair of drumsticks in his right hand while bowing.

 

"Hello, I'm a rhythm guitarist, another vocalist and the other rapper, my name is Song Seunghyun, nice to meet you." The light brown haired one gave a smile as he came up after his bow.

 

"So this is the famous band FT Island. I hope your not offended by this but, I've only known CNBLUE for sometime. I'm very sorry." The boy bowed to the members but his friend stopped him by lifting his head back up again quickly.

 

"Eh, don't be like that! We understand because it's alright if you didn't know us before even though your closest friend is part of the band" Hongki teased but then laughed it off with a pat on the back.

 

Looking around the waiting room, he realized that all they had to eat for now before they went to do their live rehearsal and performance was just simple take out boxes of rice, meat and vegetables.

 

"No drinks? Then I guess it's OK for me to go get some soda for you from the nearby store." He picked up his backpack again after leaving it on the couch, he turned to open the door and leave.

 

"Ah you don't ha--" Seunghyun was stopped by Hongki's suddenly covering his mouth as his voice was muffled "It's ok, you go ahead. No one else will say anything about not letting you go."

 

The boy laughed as he left the room with only just the two of them arguing, turning the corner before jogging out the door he came in through as he looked to both sides then crossing the street to the nearby convenience store.

 

After spending ten minutes finding the drinks and paying, he went back to give it to them as he grinned wondering how the argument ended, looking to see two people standing infront of the door.

 

He recognized the taller person to be Hongki but he saw the person with him was a espresso haired girl dressed in partially vinyl black clothes and boots as both were smiling and laughing.

 

The boy thought to himself that they were good friends just like him and Hongki, seeing how she whispered something in his ears while hugging until letting go, he decided to call out his name.

 

"Hongki! Hey Hongki, I got the drinks, do you remember who wanted---" Taking a pause while walking towards his friend, he noticed that Hongki went stiff suddenly and was staring at somewhere or something far away.

 

'Huh? I wonder would could have caught his eye.' The girl at this moment turned to face the same way as she also froze up so the boy had curiously followed suit, his eyes immediately widening.

 

Gritting his teeth the same way he did three years ago, he spoke the name in a low sound like a wolf's growl, the very same name that he had promised to never speak of ever again until he died.

 

"Yong Junhyung..."