13. First Clash

Every Night The Loneliness

 

[Picture on above is of Jinkyong's outfit she is wearing in this chapter and the next one]

 

Feeling irritated by a sudden bright light that wouldn't go away, a black haired boy opened his eyes to meet the strong rays of the morning sun causing him to immediately cover his eyes with his right arm.

 

'Ugh, who's the one with the bright idea to leave the curtain open overnight?'

 

Then he remembered who he shared his dorm room with, 'I'm going to get that little troublemaker, Yang Yoseob.' thinking to himself as he turned over on to his side.

 

Reopening his eyes after finding shade using his blanket as shelter, he got a glance at the single bed across from him that looked like whoever slept on it had already woken up.

 

Just when he started to go through the names of his fellow members who could possibly leave their bed in such perfect condition, the sound of a strangely familiar voice resembling wind chimes called out to him.

 

"Yong Junhyung, do you know what time it is? We're both going to be late if you don't hurry up and wake up! Get up, please, I promised everyone that we will be the first ones there!"

 

Shifting his half open eyes a few pints higher, he saw a short shadowy figure outlined by the sunlight in a knee-length white summer dress with short hair stopping before the shoulders.

 

He thought his mind was playing tricks on him since he wasn't fully awake as when the figure leaned in closer to his face, he swore that he saw the facial features of his ex-girlfriend from four years ago.

 

"Yong............. Ji..............hyun?"

 

He watched as curved up into that sweet smile with her plump little dimples naturally appearing while her eyes became upside down crescents making her seem to shine.

 

"Hey, my name is Yong Jinkyong so why do you keep calling me that name? Do I look like that person or something?" a rough nudge came before the stern voice continued "Answer me."

 

Multiply shaking his head to clear his mind of the fog that clouded up his head as the figure seemed taller with the face having a thin lined mouth with almond shaped eyes of the trainee staring right at him.

 

Junhyung couldn't help but back away while springing up slightly out of shock as she gave a content grin after seeing his reaction before straightening herself while crossing her arms.

 

"W-what are you doing here in my room? And don't you have your own dormitory to go to so why aren't you there instead of here?" Slowly trying to calm himself but he still stuttered.

 

"Seems like you don't know that you passed out yesterday. Oh and your group leader let me stay over night with you & sleepy head over there in HIS room" Jinkyong pointed a thumb at the tangerine head boy still asleep.

 

"Wait, I passed out? This is Doojoon's room?" Finally getting a grip on the situation at hand, he swung out of bed as in one movement he was suddenly standing a step away from her.

 

Because of how high her boot's heels were, she didn't have to lift her head to smirk at him even though he was naturally taller than her but now she was being the exact same height.

 

Glaring at him, "Of course you wouldn't remember, you happened to get a fever while resting in the back seat of the van. I can't believe I had to be the one to wake you up" then giving an annoyed eye roll.

 

Junhyung felt his temper rise at what he just heard but he couldn't raise his voice because anyone could hear him especially Yoseob even if he was still lost in his own dreamland.

 

"IU, I like you so very, very, very, very, much~ Will you please sing a duet with me~?" As if on cue, the boy in question started to sleep talk as the two both stared him smiling like an idiot.

 

Jinkyong carefully creeped over to him as her heels amazingly didn't make any noise until she leaned over while holding his hand, putting close to his ears to whisper in the best impersonation she could manage.

 

"Oppa~ Would you like to sing "Good Day" with me some day? I would like that very much, Oppa~!"

 

Junhyung who overheared everything, snapped out of his trance after his ears caught a girly voice which was just like hers, causing him to see who it was but that made his eyes widen.

 

Their eyes met as he opened his mouth to ask but didn't get a chance as Yoseob had suddenly popped open his eyes, nearly jumping out of his bed while gripping her hand with his tightly.

 

"YES! I WOULD LOVE TO, PLEASE!" He shouted in a loud, hyper active and excited child-like voice with his eyes sparkling brightly plus all 42 of his white teeth showing in such big of a grin he had on him.

 

The door opened to Lee Gikwang and Yoon Doojoon bursting in the room after hearing such a loud, sudden shout at that moment only to find the main vocalist holding Jinkyong's hand.

 

"Yah, Yoseob. What are you doing holding a girls hand?" Blinking after managing to recognize who was talking to him, the tangerine hair boy turned his head to stare at the girl infront.

 

"OH!" Quickly snatching his hands away from hers, he gave many quick bows of apologies while his mouth trailed on criticisms about himself only to be stopped by someone placing a hand on his shoulder.

 

"I get it, I understand that your sorry so you can calm down now and stop being so hard on yourself, no one has perfect traits." Jinkyong smiled as Yoseob eventually followed along.

 

"Hey, Junhyung, you seem better than yesterday. Is your forehead alright?" Everyone turned to look at Gikwang putting the back of his palm to the rappers head only to be stopped early.

 

"I'm fine, I guess all I needed was a good nights rest." He mumbled his reply back in a shy fashion making the others to start laughing but Doojoon was the only victim of Gikwang's playful headlock.

 

Jinkyong gave a chuckle as she watched as the three argued on and on about what they just saw which left her alone to stand on the side beside the rapper as he tapped her shoulder.

 

"Hey, was that your voice earlier? Your the one that did the impersonation right?"

 

She looked at him as she blinked slightly at what he just whispered to her.

 

"Is there anyone else that has a voice like that and is a girl in here?" She gave another smirk.

 

"I'm only asking." He gave a slight annoyed look at her before glancing back at the three while mumbling, "It's just strange that your so called impersonation sounded like someone else."

 

She suddenly turned to face him as they were nearly touching each other if it wasn't for her crossed arms but this was also the first time they got a good glance at each other with a long after silence.

 

"Let me guess, that Yong Jihyun person you called me a few minutes ago in your sleep? I bet she's really pretty and you like her very much if you keep mentioning her over and over."

 

Junhyung backed up, breaking the awkwardness in the air as his temper slightly flared now, "Stop making things up! And that person is just a friend, I don't have any feelings for her."

 

"Alright, alright, I get it, you don't have to get so worked up about it. It's not like I will tell anyone either" Her smirk returned as she watched the rapper look away with a red face but suddenly he glared at her again.

 

"Mention anything about this to the other members and I WILL find a way to get revenge on you. Just remember our currently conditions are different. Your a trainee, I'm not"

 

Now it was her turn to get angry, secretly balling her right hand into a fist just looking at him smiling in complete victory as he knew that what he just said had made her mad right now.

 

"Your not the one to talk about conditions here, Junhyung. Your also not the one that is suppose to say that after what we BOTH went through." Her voice held a hint of coldness as she turned away from him.

 

The rapper wondered to himself about what she meant by her words, puzzling over what she means by what they had been through and what conditions. 'Did we do something together?'

 

Junhyung opened his mouth to ask her all the question that had appeared in his head, ready to speak out his mind when the youngest member's loud voice could be heard from outside.

 

"HYUNG! MANAGER SAYS WE ONLY HAVE FIVE MINUTES TO GET TO THE VAN OR ELSE HE'S GOING TO LEAVE US HERE. HYUNSEUNG ALREADY LEFT!" was followed by the sound of fading running footsteps.

 

"YAH! NEXT TIME TELL US A BIT SOONER!" Doojoon rushed to get his jacket and shoes on before racing out the door followed by a clumsy Gikwang then a surprisingly calm Junhyung.

 

Yoseob was last to exit the door but five minutes later he suddenly ran back in to say, "JINKYONG! Sorry if this is so sudden but can you keep the dorm safe? Thanks!" then using all his energy to make it on time.

 

She stood there dumbfounded at how in a split second she was suddenly left all alone by herself in a boy idol's dorm but quickly regained her senses as she sat back down on the bed.

 

Looking around the room, she noticed the place was a little messy but the one thing that caught her eye was how clean Junhyung's side was compared to his kid-like room mate.

 

Her phone vibrated on top of the small drawer between her bed and the rapper's as she picked it up to flip open the cover to see that she had a incoming call then clicking answer before putting it to her ear.

 

"Hello, Yong Jinkyong speaking." Her voice naturally returned to the girly medium toned voice as she listened to the person on the other line telling her to come to the company.

 

"Hmm, I wonder will they understand why there is no one home when they come back? Eh, they probably will be able to since they are matured boys... Ok maybe except one of them"

 

Leaving the dorm after remembering to lock the door, she left via the stairs to enter her own van before taking a 15 minute nap which was how long it took to reach the CUBE entertainment building.

 

Glancing left and right, she continued to catch a glance at the plates telling which room was before eventually finding the one she was told to meet in as she knocked on the door lightly.

 

"Come in" She stepped in as she bowed while saying her greeting to her dance choreography teacher then slipping into the empty seat that was across from him at the oval shape table.

 

"Like I told you over the phone, we have to make some changes in your debut stage since some people have already critized on how it exploits too much and considering your outfit shows your back partially."

 

Jinkyong could only nod her head in agreement since she wanted to have the best situation to happen for her performance because she didn't want to fail the minute she appeared.

 

She has gone through too much to back down now even if she will never be able to tell anyone the real reason she decided to join CUBE entertainment and become a solo artist.

 

"You practiced yesterday right? You didn't suddenly start dancing to other artists songs like 4minute right? Your a solo female artist, Jinkyong, not a new member of a idol group from this company."

 

Constantly nodding her head, she sat through the usual conversation about how her image isn't suppose to be too overboard, how she is the role model for little girls now and the rest.

 

"Tomorrow when I go to see you practice your dance routine, I don't want to see any mistakes or faults alright? We already post poned your debut date long enough with many teasers."

 

Jinkyong nodded then bowed as her dance teacher left the room, got up to leave afterwards but she noticed he was acting weird so she followed him down to the lobby as she watched him go into the office.

 

Silently slipping in through the door, she used her few years of spying to get herself not caught or heard until she stopped along a wall beside the room he had just went into.

 

Peaking through the small rectangular pane glass window on the side of the door, Jinkyong could see their CEO and the bunch of the employees with all the managers including B2ST's.

 

Putting her ear up against the small gap in the door, she began to sneakily listen to the entire conversation the entire time but her eyes had gone wide after 5 minutes before she ran back the way she had came.

 

Meanwhile...

 

"Hey, has any one of you guys happen to have seen our manager? I haven't seen him since when we left the Kmusic broadcast station and today it wasn't him that was driving us here."

 

Jang Hyunseung looked up from his gadget which he was using to listen to music, glancing at the youngest with a confused look as he took out both of his earbuds then putting it down.

 

"No... but now that you mention it, I haven't even seen our stylists either. Aren't they always the first ones we usually see or meet when we arrive for a music show kinda like today's Music Core?"

 

Son Dongwoon nodded his head as he looked towards their leader who was getting his hair done by a tall, lean, dark brown hair boy which looked like he survived a rampaging tornado.

 

The two shifted their heads again to look at Yoseob with another new stylist, also a boy but his hair was a crispy mix of blue and brown since the highlights were starting to wash away.

 

If you think those two were weird sights, Dongwoon and Hyunseung glanced at the last new stylist who shaved the two sides of his head and dyed it a dark red nearly black with it spiking upwards all over.

 

Junhyung didn't seem to care as he had fallen asleep while waiting for his make-up to get done but the two had ignored it as they continued to converse about their missing manager.

 

Meanwhile...

 

"Manager, can you please hurry up? This is a very important matter right now!"

 

"But Jinkyong, didn't someone call you to tell you to meet them at the company just now? Whats with the sudden need to rush to the M music broadcast station out of no where?"

 

"Don't ask just step on it!" Gripping the armrest tightly out of nervousness and a strange wave of annoyance that hit her, she couldn't stop glancing ahead of the van to see if they arrived.

 

Her manager gave a curious but accepting shrug as she stepped on the gas pedal a bit more but wasn't breaking the speed limit set but it felt like it would take forever which made her more anxious about everything.

 

Miraculously, they managed to reach their destination after getting through the traffic they left behind as now Jinkyong didn't wait for the car to stop as she ran out and into the station.

 

Her heels made loud click clacking echoing sound along the limestone floor as she frantically rushed to find B2ST's waiting room in the mass of the other artists as it was suddenly a maze.

 

In the waiting room...

 

All 6 of them were dressed up and ready to go on stage as they did last minute finishing touches but before they were about to leave, one of their coordinators told them to wait.

 

"Huh? I wonder what's going on. Don't we have to be on stage in six minutes?" Yoseob seemed puzzled while slightly fixing his ear mic using one of the many mirrors in the room.

 

"Sorry for keeping everyone waiting. We got a call from the CEO earlier this morning telling us about the new stylists and a manger for you guys. We were worried you wouldn't get along but it seems you guys are alright with them."

 

"Eh?" B2ST all in-sync turned to stare at the three boys that were now standing silently on the side with hands clasped together infront of themselves with their eyes looking at the coordi.

 

"Since you had already met them," the coordinator waved a hand in their direction, "It's time to meet your new manager for a few weeks since your normal manager isn't feeling well."

 

Meanwhile...

 

Jinkyong was out of breath now as she had only one hallway left to search for the right room but she had gotten lost earlier if it wasn't for the luck of running into the FT ISLAND members.

 

"Hey, Jinkyong!" Lee Hongki waved her down as she looked left and right while jogging towards his direction but stopped infront of him when she noticed his gesture in the air.

 

"Where are you going or who are you looking for that your this out of breath already?" He passed her one water bottle which she took it gratefully then downing nearly half of it.

 

She managed to get some air into her lungs as she breathed out the words she had wanted to ask "Do you know which way is B2ST's waiting room? I've been looking nearly everywhere."

 

Hongki blinked before pointing to the hall behind her, "It's that way, second last door closest to the entrance to the stage." taking back the water bottle as she put it in his hands again only to see her bolt off again.

 

"Thanks!" Jinkyong turned around then started running through the broadcast station, constantly trying to search for the room with the door that had the word B2ST written on it.

 

"Your welcome?" He stood their alone for a few seconds before he got called back in by s in order for them to get ready for their own performance which was up next.

 

She now was halfway down the last hallway that held her last chance to find their waiting room, pony tail swinging behind her slightly as she slowly became out of breath once more.

 

Meanwhile...

 

A boy with blackish brown hair in a 9:1 side parting ratio and stopped just under his ears stepped in from behind the stylist as he had thin black eyeliner on and eyes like a wolf as they were slightly deep & scary looking.

 

The 6 of them watched in curiousity as he slowly gave a friendly smile then going into a 90 degree bow which the group had returned back after regaining their wandering thoughts.

 

"Hello, my name is Yang Sangmin and I will be your new manager. Please treat me well."