7. A Day For Deja Vu

Every Night The Loneliness

 

Running fingers through her espresso coloured hair, shaking her hand along the way to make it sprayed out, she turned to her right to face the current situation.

 

Yong Jinkyong stood five metres away from the six members of B2ST who were standing in a line against the wall but she noticed the dancer and the main vocalist were squabbling on their own.

 

"Ya! You just met her but you want to act close with her already?" Lee Gikwang gave the tan haired boy he was arguing with a 'Are you crazy?' look.

 

"Whats the matter with that? Hey, you know. She could be younger than us, but that doesn't mean we still can't be friends!" Yang Yoseob returned a short nudge to the side.

 

"Who knows? Then are you planning to ask her right now or something?"

 

"Hm, hey. Now that you mention it, that's a great idea! Thanks!"

 

"Hey, wait! She might not even answer you! So come back, YA!" Gikwang tried to stop his fellow member but it was too late as he had already ran to her with a dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun.

 

She was busy doing slight dance moves to the next song she was going to practice while mumbling the lyrics out loud to herself when Yoseob approached her.

 

"Hi! My name is Yang Yoseob, it's nice to meet you!" He spoke how he would to someone younger as he extended his hand for a friendly handshake while brandishing a grin.

 

Jinkyong smiled for the first time since they had met as she shook it but afterwards she suddenly placed a hand on his shoulder while standing beside him.

 

"It seems your manager hasn't told you that I'm the same age as you, right?"

 

"WHAT?!" That statement caused the rest of the members eyes to widen in shock just like Yoseob as he suddenly felt smaller while standing beside her because of the height difference.

 

She patted his back before walking towards where her bag was placed as she grabbed the take out boxes, placing them in the centre of the room before sitting down.

 

B2ST were still bewildered by what they had just heard as they looked frozen in place especially the main vocalist who was covering his mouth to hide how wide it was.

 

Jinkyong held up a chicken drumstick by the tissue wrapped around the end that she put on but when she was about to bite in, she noticed the still standing members.

 

"Go ahead, sit down and eat. You guys probably didn't have anything for breakfast this morning I bet."

 

"Ah, yes!" They took a seat on the floor one by one as they started to awkwardly eat the food their manager had given them earlier before ditching them.

 

"So, what made you decide to pick CUBE entertainment instead of those other big hit companies?" The leader was the most daring one as he shifted his spot to be beside her.

 

She glanced at Yoon Doojoon, "Oh, I came here trying to find someone who also got in just like I did but he was accepted two years before me." using a second tissue to wipe quickly.

 

"Trying to find someone? Who was it?" The rapper, Yong Junhyung, raised his head in interest as he stopped chewing for a minute to ask.

 

Jinkyong glanced over at him as the look in her eyes resembled a hunting hawk ready to kill a mouse which mostly scared him slightly but confusion also came along with it.

 

"Yeah, who was it? Is it your friend? Your crush or first love? Or just a colleague?" Gikwang scooted over to be on the other side of her as he offered her a brand new water bottle.

 

"It's nothing like that. They were just someone I used to know very well back then when we met for the first time." She accepted it with a small head bow but didn't open the cap.

 

But the members all noticed the sudden drop of tone in her voice and a dramatic change of expression as she now looked sad while looking down.

 

Jang Hyunseung got up to plop down in between her and Gikwang as he got comfortable in his new seat. "Is something the matter? You don't look too good for some reason."

 

"Oh no, it's nothing. Don't worry about me." She caught up on her actions, shaking her head as she nervously waved her hands to show that there was nothing wrong.

 

"Hey Doojoon hyung," Son Dongwoon, the youngest member, called out to his leader, "I think we should stop eating now." with his phone on in his hand and looking at the screen.

 

"Huh? Why?" Doojoon at the moment was already on his second piece of chicken as he wondered what was the reason they had to stop.

 

"Manager hyung just texted me. He says we need to get to KBS broadcast building and that we only have fifteen minutes to do so." He put away his phone back into his pocket.

 

"FIFTEEN MINUTES?!?!" The rest of B2ST all shouted in unison as they frantically started putting away the take out boxes in disbelief about the time given.

 

Jinkyong was about to open to say that she was going to clean up for them but they had already done so and all bowed on their way out the door.

 

"Goodbye, Miss Jinkyong!" Dongwoon, being younger than her, bowed 90 degrees then left.

 

"See ya later, Jinkyong! I hope you don't mind being by yourself!" Yoseob gave a giddy smile after sticking his head back in before retreating.

 

"It was nice meeting you, Jinkyong!" Gikwang also smiled but it was more sweet as he did only a head bow then exiting.

 

"Bye, Jinkyong! Have a nice day!" Doojoon patted her shoulder, giving a sneaky wink before bolting out the door.

 

"Bye Jinkyong, I hope to see you again some other day" Junhyung was last to go as he only moved five steps before she stopped him.

 

"Wait." Jinkyong's boots went click-clack as she reached him, "I'm sure since we're in the same company now but when we do, please show the smile that I know so well." turning around to walk back to the CD player.

 

She chose the next song on the disc which was Track #8, standing in the middle of the floor as she became a tiger again but now it was like a cougar, starting to follow the choreography of Shock after the electronic sounds.

 

He was confused on what she meant but didn't have the time now to ask as he saw the clock, literally sprinting away and down the stairs then scrambling into his seat in the van.

 

"So, did you guys enjoy your time with Jinkyong? I bet you devoured the chicken I left for you." The manager was in the driver seat as he kept talking.

 

"Hyung! You said we have fifteen minutes, now we have only ten! So, please, can we hurry up?" Dongwoon was unable to stay still in his seat as he felt like he was in a rush.

 

"OK, OK. I'm guessing you also talked a lot with her while in the practice room?" Their manager started the car as all he had to do was take off the brake.

 

"YES WE DID, NOW GO PLEASE!" B2ST showed their urge to hurry up as they shouted at the same time.

 

"Be careful, some day you might make me lose my hearing like that ha ha." The car finally started to move as they were now on their way to perform live on Music Bank.

 

The members calmed down as they then started to converse amongst themselves as Junhyung was the only one looking out the window and being silent in the one thought on his mind:

 

"'Please show the smile that I know so well' why does that sound so familiar?"

 

=== 7 years ago, first year of high school ===

 

A 16 year old Yong Junhyung swung open the doors to his favourite dance studio that he was a member of as he bowed his head to great the secretary at the front desk with a smile.

 

Once he passed by, that faked smile automatically became what it originally was; a stern frown as his eyes also changed back to they're dark glares, settling back into his current bad mood.

 

Tossing his sling bag with a thud on the floor, Junhyung mumbled as he picked up the custom mic he bought with his own saved up earnings from working part time in the studio.

 

Everything that happened today was the worst: his eternal rival Yang Sangho repeatedly went after random girls & their friends went to beg him for help which he hated because he never liked seeing his enemies face.

 

Even though that doesn't seem as horrible as it sounds to others, there was just one thing, only ONE thing that made it even more bad for Junhyung since it didn't apply to anyone else:

 

Today was his 17th birthday.

 

"Why is it so dark in here? Did someone forget to leave the lights on?" His footsteps were heavy with his mood as he flicked the switch up but the room didn't get any brighter.

 

"Darn electricity. Didn't they call that electrician yesterday to fix it? Aish" Junhyung placed a hand on his neck as he cracked it since it was stiff for the entire day.

 

"Oppa~!" Suddenly there was a girl's voice echoing around the room as he dropped his arm halfway in confusion, spotting the orange glow across from him where the storage room door was open.

 

"Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday to you~! Happy Birthday dear Yongie~ Happy Birthday to you!" The orange glow came from the candles on a birthday cake in the hands of Yong Jihyun, his girlfriend.

 

Usually he would be smiling immediately once he saw her bright face but today his expression was one that said 'Leave me alone' as he was on the border between gloom and anger.

 

She the lights using the switch that wasn't broken as she was smiling the whole time but it became that of curiosity with in a 'o' shape and blinking here and there.

 

"Oppa, what's the matter?" Jihyun placed the box with the cake on top at the small desk-like table in the room before taking one of his hands in hers as she looked slightly up at him.

 

"It's nothing, Jihyun-ah" The way he said her name always sounded joyful and a little cuteness was added but today it sounded like a programed computer talking in a tenor level.

 

"I know your lieing, Oppa. Something is up so please?" Showing her puppy dog eyes, she tilted her head, put her hands together making him do it too since they were holding hands.

 

"Mm? Please what?" Junhyung was now slowly about to fall over into the gloomy side as his tone was tired but he was still wondering what she wanted him to do.

 

"Please show the smile that I know so well"

 

 

----

 

 

Yong Junhyung jolted out of his sleep as he had been taking a silent nap while sitting on the sofa in their waiting room at Music Bank since B2ST performed last.

 

"Hey, are you alright?" He looked up to see Yoon Doojoon bent over to look at him with a hand on his shoulders but his face was a bit closer than needed.

 

"I'm fine. It's only a small nightmare." Junhyung pushed the leader back for personal space, groaning as he spoke because of aches he got waking up even after a short or long resting period.

 

"If you say so, but it doesn't seem like it was any ordinary dream." Doojoon left and just like this morning as it felt like a replay of this morning, someone again tackled him out of the blue.

 

"BOOOOO!" It was the same person who did it to him earlier, Yang Yoseob, as the boy was trying to scare the rapper after hearing he had a nightmare.

 

Turning to face "the ghost", he only gave a bored look at the main vocalist before bopping his head with the skinny end of his microphone.

 

"Ow~!" Yoseob flopped back on the couch holding the top of his head, "That hurts!" rubbing it repeatedly to try and tone the pain down.

 

"That's what you get for trying to scare me. You know it never works." Junhyung chuckled at how childish he was acting but still ruffled the boys tan coloured hair.

 

The main vocalist went away, leaving the rapper as he started to whine to his cordi noona about fixing his already performance ready hair and to redo part of the make-up.

 

After he left, all of the joking Junhyung had in him just now drained out faster than it had filled him up, holding his head by placing a hand under his side bangs.

 

The memory was so vivid in his mind that he had nearly forgotten about that day till now but remembering it at this point only made him more confused than he already was.

 

"There's no difference," Junhyung said to himself in his thoughts, "The way they say it is exactly the same but the feelings behind it...." thinking for a long time.

 

No matter how many reasons he came up with, could it really be?

 

They are two totally different people with opposite personalities and styles.

 

Is Yong Jinkyong really his first and only girlfriend from the past, his childhood friend Yong Jihyun?

 

The last names are very similar but that fact to him right now seemed literally impossible:

 

Because he had left her alone four years ago to go to Tokyo...