14. All An Act

Every Night The Loneliness

 

 

You broke my heart, tore me apart, my heart that's been shredded, I can't find the answer, our love that's been broken into two.

 

Making me look like a beggar now, trying to deceive me now, I really hate you but please come back. Nobody can take your place, please don't leave me.

 

I just want you, I need you, so leave space for (Oh, leave it for me)

I just want you, I need you, I'll wait behind you

 

Yoon Doojoon felt weird standing in the sudden awkward silence but then noticed that after their new manager had greeted and introduced himself yet the group didn't so now he gave the signal for the members to do so.

 

"1, 2, 3! SOOOO BEAST! Hello, we're B2ST!" They all went into a ninety degree bow before coming up carefully and quickly but when they did, they didn't expect to see him laughing.

 

Yang Yoseob cautiously picked his choice of words before speaking, "Um, is there something wrong? Did we mess up on the introduction?" before playfully complaining to their leader.

 

"I told you! You should have bowed lower than us or at least have gotten him to do it!" The main vocalist had jokingly pointed at the boy with the short black hair pretending to scold him but the member retorted back.

 

"Eh, what are you talking about? The one who should have bowed even lower is this guy right here" The boy friendly wrapped his right arm tightly around the neck of the one beside him.

 

"Hey, I had bowed lower than all of you so don't go accusing me of being the one who did something wrong." The boy that also had short black hair but was slightly slanted chuckled.

 

"Alright, alright, don't argue amongst yourselves. I laughed because I found your reactions funny after I did my introduction." Sangmin waved a hand towards the stylist with the spiked up red hair as he walked over.

 

Leaning over into his ear, their manager nodded silently before the boy walked out of the room before turning back to the six members only saying 5 words: "Aren't you guys on next?"

 

"AH! That's right!" Dongwoon rushed out the door in a split second but returned just as fast to give a fast bow and farewell before jogging towards the stage followed by the rest of them.

 

Sangmin watched as the rest of the staff left before his smile immediately dropped like weights were on either side, turning into a frown that came with slanted eyebrows, transforming into his real face.

 

"Ugh, so annoying, who cares if you need to be so polite? Just say hello the old fashion way, a good ol' punch to the gut is good enough. Right bows?" Swinging his head towards the three.

 

All the new "stylists" also had smirks dawning on their faces as they nodded in unison while giving short but curt laughing noises while being careful of anyone who could hear them.

 

Fixing up the tuxedo he had just stolen off of some guy manequine in a men's only store, Sangminwalked out into the hallway looking as professional as he could but an arm whipped out and pulled him to the side.

 

"Ooof!" He felt his back hit the wall harshly first then the top of his head against the stucco before lowering his eyes to meet two that were glaring at him with pure hatred burning.

 

"What did I say about showing your ugly face infront of me ever again? Did you forget that I hate even hearing any mention of your name no matter how stupid the reason is, you jerk?"

 

Sangmin couldn't help but let out a quiet chuckle at what he heard "Aww Jinkyong, why do you have to be so mean to a friend of yours? I know that we've had our bad times along with some of our go--"

 

Yong Jinkyong turned around as he shoved him hard against the opposite wall as his tux was twisted into a bundle at the collar as she slightly opened to let a semi-growl out.

 

"Don't you DARE say that word. You know yourself that I've never seen you even once as a man and I thought you were different from your elder brother. How wrong I was about you."

 

"Why must you always bring my brother into this? If anything bad ever happened to you, it's always my fault. If someone ever got hurt, it's always my fault. Just because he's gone doesn't mean I get the blame now"

 

Now it was Sangmin's turn to use his strength as he pressed with all his might to crush her with his weight but she wasn't an easy girl as he suddenly found himself pushed back again.

 

"Because you got involved with your own brother's crap. You're the one who decided to pull the trigger that very day. You were the ONLY one who commited an actual crime that night."

 

After the last sentence was said, his temper exploded causing him to erupt as now he somehow had shoved her all the way across till she was pushed up against a wall in the middle of the hall where anyone could see.

 

"How many times do I have to tell you? I wasn't the one that did that, I never held a gun in my entire life! So just stop it, I am getting so SICK and TIRED of hearing that crap from everyone!"

 

Jinkyong was ready to kick him hard in the gut when her eyes caught movement before the members of B2ST were casually making their way towards their direction as she looked back.

 

"We'll deal with this matter some other day, better hurry up and put on that stupid fake act of yours. I don't know what your up to but I can promise you this one thing," She suddenly gave him a er punch that sent him curling up in pain.

 

"If anything happens to that certain boy, you will meet a worser fate then your trash of a older sibling." Her voice had no innocence as it sounded like it came out of a devil's mouth.

 

Jinkyong walked off with her head down, using the breathing strategies she learnt from her mom, lifting her head as she once again became the girl who put the mask because of him.

 

Her eyes snuck a glance to see if any of them noticed or recognized her but they were too busy conversing on their own to spot her so she started to walk more confidently knowing that she wasn't caught.

 

Yong Junhyung watched with amusement as Yoseob, Doojoon and Lee Gikwang were arguing on their own about a few mistakes that they saw happen during their live broadcast just now.

 

Giving a silent chuckle that no one heard, the rapper looked away from the group for a quick moment to spot a very familiar girl walk past with her light brown hair up in a long ponytail.

 

After she went out of view, the name came to his mind immediately as he stopped walking but the others didn't notice, extending his right arm out as he grabbed her wrist tightly which caused the girl to turn around.

 

Jinkyong felt cold yet careful hands grasp her wrist in a grip that didn't hurt but still told her she couldn't get away, spinning on the toe of her boots, not expecting it to be B2ST's rapper.

 

"I was right, it is you Jinkyong-shi. What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be doing our little main vocalist a favor of looking after our dorm?" He looked at the floor as he spoke.

 

The moment when she turned around to look was also the short time their eyes met with his reaction of looking down quickly but she felt her mind reel like a movie film from a memory.

 

"Jihyun! Hey, Jihyun wait up for me! Jihyun-ah!"

 

She didn't stop running even though she felt herself slowly begin to get drenched in the heavy rain that seemed to start right when she saw him with another girl whom she didn't know.

 

"Jihyun-ah! Please stop and let me explain!"

 

No, she didn't want to hear anything from him, all his words now were of no use, her heart was hurting enough after going through three weeks with no message or call from Junhyung.

 

Just then, hands warmer than hers suddenly clamped down on her cold wrist while the rain stopped falling down on her head as she looked up to find a black umbrella protecting her.

 

"LET GO OF ME! I ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU EVER AGAIN!" With all her strength, Jihyun thrashed her arm to make him let go which he did but then accidentlyslapped him across the right cheek.

 

Silence filled the air as he stood there, head facing to the left from the force while she covered in shock with the hand she used to slap as her eyes were wide open like marbles.

 

Jihyun's eyes started to water until the point that she was crying in soft sobbing sounds, putting her hands to cover her face in an attempt to hide the tears even though it rained.

 

Suddenly a warm, black fur coat was tossed over her shoulders from behind before two strong arms pulled her into a tight embrace while a hand started to slowly caress the top of her wet and matted hair.

 

"I know your mad but don't you think a small hint of violence is a little bit too much?"

 

Her cries only got louder after hearing his statement before she stopped after feeling his thumbs wipe repeatedly underneath her eyes to get rid of the tears but also the rain drops.

 

"I'm just kidding, but Jihyun-ah. I'm sorry for not contacting you for so long without telling you beforehand. Our old childhood friend suddenly said she wanted to meet me at the CAFE."

 

She looked up at him in disbelief from hearing the name of who it was after asking their name as only stutters came out of but after finally managing to calm herself down, the realization hit her.

 

'So I have been thinking of accusing for him of cheating on a friend that I even knew? How come I couldn't recognize her? How sad must have felt just now when I told him to leave.'

 

Jihyun gripped his damp, black and white t-shirt tightly as it was balled up in her fists, leaning herself more into him, her shoulder started to shake again as the urge to cry came back to her.

 

"Don't be so hard on yourself," Junhyung exactly knew why the tears started up again, holding her cheeks as he caught her attention, seeing her beautiful brown eyes before leaning in then kissing her on the lips.

 

Jinkyong snapped out of her trance once he asked her the question, morphing her expression into one that nobody could read as her signature smirk she gained a year ago came out again.

 

"I went here to visit Hongki-oppa. Am I not allowed?"

 

Junhyung stood their in shock; 'Did she just call Hongki her oppa?'

 

She chuckled while freeing her hand as she placed it on her right hip, slightly switching the leg that she was placing all her weight on as she now in the most confident pose she knew.

 

"I'm a 91er meaning he is only one year older than me just like you are two. But personally, I find calling Hongki oppa better than putting that at the end of your name, Junhyung-shi."

 

He slightly gaped at her words but then regained his marbles as he gave her a annoyed glare before pointing in the direction behind her where there was a hallway to the right. "You'll find him in there."

 

"Thank you very much, sunbaenim." She gave a bright smile that had a hint of sincerity in it as she walked away keeping the smirk but turning into a frown after looking back to see he left.

 

"I wish that I could call you oppa once more, Junhyung...Oppa." Jinkyong whispered silently to herself as she walked in a random direction as if she was sleep walking in broad daylight.

 

"Hey, Jinkyong!" Her head snapped up at the cheery voice that came from FT Island's vocalist Lee Hongki standing only five steps infront of her as in her daze, she had somehow made her way to their waiting room.

 

"Are you alright? You look like you just survived a drought or something. Come in and eat something you must be hungry" Opening the door for he, he nudged her into the room.

 

She obediently sat down on the leather sofa but then when she sat down, her hand softly brushed someone else's, making her jump and turn to find Lee Jaejin sleeping peacefully.

 

"You shouldn't bother him, he was the last person to sleep last night out of all of us here." Hongkigave her a sneaky wink before making his way over to Leader Choi Jonghun to childishly bother him.

 

Slipping one arm after the other out of her slightly tight jacket that restricted arm movement to some level, Jinkyong drapped it carefully over the bassist's shoulders up to his collarbone.

 

"Noona is a nice person, hmm?" She recognized that joy-filled voice anywhere as she caught him by surprise, turning around suddenly to give the rhythm guitarist Song Seunghyun a hug.

 

"I missed you too Seunghyun." She giggled while naturally smiling which was weird because it was only around FT Island that you could be able to witness who she was in everyday life instead of the mask she wears.

 

After spending some precious time playing with the members, teasing Minhwan whenever he mentioned and making sure Jaejin wasn't disturbed in his sleep, she herself fell asleep.

 

An hour had past before Jinkyong woke up but she didn't open her eyes since the light was slightly in her face but then she overheard two voices talking to each other in loud voices.

 

"Hey, Jaejin, did you see where Hyunki went off too? I went to get him a drink but I came back to find him not here anymore. Have you any ideas of where he could possibly go to?"

 

"I don't know, hyung. He said he got a call from his workplace about someone wanting to meet him to talk about a new photoshoot offer and he immediately rushed out the door. He left this though."

 

Jinkyong opened her eyes enough as it was a small slit, watching the bassist pass the vocalist a slip of note paper with Hyunki's handwriting that she would recognize just about anywhere.

 

Hongki blinked as he looked at the note first by himself before reading it out loud after giving up from trying to hide it from Jaejin's hands, placing it slightly infront but also high in the air.

 

"Sorry for disappearing like a ghost so quickly but my father just told me that someone contacted him with an offer for me to be the official photographer for their new winter photoshoot collection."

 

While laying on the couch awake but to the others she was asleep, she thought in her head:

 

'Father? Oh right, Hyunki's dad is the top boss from his department at Elle Korea Magazine for photography.' Secretly smiling at the thought of her best friend being so successful already.

 

"Does it say who the client is, you know the one that sent the offer or the special request?" Jaejin snuck a peak over Hongki's shoulder to look at the name written in sharpie ink.

 

"Client?" Hongki looked puzzled as he flipped the paper over and over, left and right, which made her laugh at the sight before he finally found it. " Ah, wait. Here it is, he wrote it at the very bottom." 

 

'P.S If you would like to know, the person I will now start to work under for this project name is Park Sangmin.'

 

She was facing towards the inside of the couch meaning no one could see Jinkyong's grin fading as the words echoed in her mind continuously the whole time her eyes stayed wide open....

 

Song is U-KISS - 뭐라고 (What)