1. Last Ordinary Day

Every Night The Loneliness

It was a sunny weekday morning with the time being 9:00am. A student was slowly going downhill on her bike, hair flowing like water on the beach shore. Waving at everyone who said hello to her, the girl was enjoying the view along the way to school.

 

 

This is Yong Jihyun. She is known as the nicest girl in her grade along with the entire student body. Her personality is joyful and carefree so it's not difficult to be her friend. Enjoys spending time outside because she loves the feeling she gets in the fresh air

 

She knew that she wasn't late but a second feeling, a sixth sense, kept telling her that something is wrong or will go wrong. Jihyun continued to pedal by until she turned left, steering into the driveway of the gate and stopping.

 

"Ah, Jihyun. How are you this fine morning?" The gate security guard officer greeted her as she showed her ID card to be able to get in the school.

 

"I am great, thank you sir." Flashing a smile, the guard let her in a gap big enough for Jihyun to go in opened and closed after she walked in watching the blossoms fall.

 

It was a happy morning, but that sixth sense was bothering her. Leaving her bike where the other ones were, she put the foot rest down, angled the front wheel slightly & locked it to the bars before fixing the position of her backpack she was wearing.

 

"Hey, Yong Jihyun. Don't you know that your thirty minutes late?"

 

She knew that voice well as she pouted while also crossing her arms, looking at a boy leaning with a foot against the wall wearing a black hoodie with silver vinyl stripes, black jeans that was losing color at the knees and short black-brown hair.

 

Meet Yong Junhyung. To those in school, he is known as Prince or Mr. Popularity and the one with the good looks, but to Yong Jihyun only, he is known as the only childhood friend who only cares for her.

 

"Oppa~ don't lie! I know that it's exactly 8:25am and that the bell still hasn't ringed yet!" She stamped her foot lightly on the stone tiled ground, straightening her arms to her sides in her usual way of showing off her childish temper.

 

Taking his back off the wall first then dropping his foot down, he laughed as he slowly walked over, "Ha ha ha, you know that I'm just joking, I know we're both not late. Relax a little and learn to joke around a bit!" giving her hair a slight ruffle with his hand.

 

"Oppa~! It took me forever to do my hair this morning, now it's like a birds nest again!" Jihyun gave a cute little annoyed whine like a puppy dog as she traced her fingers through the bundled strands on her head caused by his actions.

 

"OK, I'm sorry, here let me help you." Junhyung zipped open her backpack before taking out the small black comb she always kept as he gently pulled it through her amber coloured hair, making sure the little teeth were able to glide through nice and easy.

 

"Thank you, Oppa!" She smiled sweetly as he put her comb back in her bag in the second to last pouch.

 

"No problem. Come on, let's hurry up and get to class." Patting her on the back, he went first in case anyone saw them and misunderstood their relationship, the reason being their usual morning meetings were suppose to be in secret.

 

"See you after school, Oppa!" Jihyun lightly jogged passed him as she pushed open the doors wide before you couldn't see her anymore after disappearing so quickly up the first flight of stairs leading to the second floor.

 

Stopping a door from suddenly closing on him by sticking out a hand against it then sighing, "How many times have I told her not to rush if there's enough time?" Junhyung shook his head chuckling before letting go, enabling him to get to class.

 

--------------------------

 

A bell rang to signal that it was lunch time as one hallway on the second level was filled with the sound of shrieks coming from girls flocking behind Yong Junhyung and his friends, a pretty natural sight you get to see every day on a regular basis now.

 

Blocking his mouth with an open palm, he whispered into a friend's ear that was to his right, "Hey, Hyunki, I've gotta go meet her now, you know what to do" sneakily winking to show that it was time.

 

Possibly the best person he has ever found to trust, Lee Hyunki is Yong Junhyung's best friend since the start of high school. Met coincidentally just when Junhyung was injured after a fight which earned him the nickname of the "Prince's Caretaker"

 

Hyunki smiled while brushing his shoulder, "You got it buddy!"  before showing the other 3 a small thumbs up to which they looked at one another nodding their heads before all 4 held each others wrist tightly side by side to make a human barricade.

 

Junhyung walked away casually, hands deep inside his pockets, content while bearing a smile from the sounds of complaining girls trying to get through the unbreakable wall of his friends which no one has ever been able to penetrate in the last 3 years.

 

Meanwhile, Yong Jihyun sat with her back against a tree on a hill that was covered in fallen blossom petals at the end of the gravel field where the soccer team had their daily meetings since she always waited there for him before eating.

 

"Hey," he appeared with his hood over his head trying to hide his face in case anyone saw them together. "Did you wait long?"

 

She responded with a smile, lightly shaking her head, "Mm mm!" patting on the space beside her, "I got here a few seconds ago!"

 

Junhyung took a seat beside her as he looked up at the clouds from their special spot only they knew about since a wall blocked a persons view from the school windows and doors unless you stood along the school's brick perimeter boundaries.

 

"Here, I made you this in the morning. I added in some of your favorite egg omelettes; not to sweet but not too salty either!" Jihyun took off the lids of two sky blue bento boxes showing a mix of rice, carrot sticks, eggs and one had it in a picture of him.

 

"Thanks." He picked up his pair of metal chopsticks along with a bento box as he started to munch on the eggs first then the rest.

 

"No problem, oppa!" She giggled while happily nibbling her food away almost like a hamster which he found cute and she did too.

 

Picking up a bite sized baby carrot stick, Junhyung looked at it somewhat curiously while he said with a mouth half full of eggs, "How long do you think our friendship is going to last?" then stuffing it in his already packed mouth to crunch on it.

 

"Oppa, didn't we already talk about this before? Everyone will think we are friends but it's a bit more than that, and I told you, it's going to go on forever!" Jihyun raised her hands high in the air while childishly kicking her little feet up but losing balance doing so.

 

"Woah there, be careful! Remember that this is a hill, not the usual flat surface like a sidewalk." He propped her back up with an elbow after finally swallowing all the food he kept in his plump cheeks then resuming to gobble down some more celery stalks.

 

"Junhyung Oppa. Let's promise to never leave each other no matter what, even if the reason sounds absolutely crazy!" She held up her left hand that had only her pinky finger standing up because the other four fingers were holding her own chopsticks.

 

"OK, a promise it is. I promise to never leave your side." He wrapped his pinky around hers.

 

"Even if someone pulls us apart?" Jihyun pushed his limits to see if he was lying.

 

"Yes, even if someone tries to pull us apart, which they won't be able to, I will forever be beside Yong Jihyun."

 

Giggling again, she tilted her hand up to make them touch their thumbs together to seal the deal, "And I'll always be with Yong Junhyung!"

 

"I love you~ Oppa." Jihyun leaned over closer to him, momentarily leaving her lunch on the grass.

 

"I love you too, Jihyun." Junhyung also leaned over, putting down his lunch too, as they did a short kiss.

 

People around them always thought they were still childhood friends, but only Hyunki and the other 3 knew this: that the two of them had began dating just months after they kept meeting coincedentally in homeroom, the hallways and the school cafeteria.

 

It's been 3 straight years of safe hiding for them; no interruptions, no made up excuses not to see each other and no one ever saw them secretly together there.

 

That is until today, as both of them ate lunch not feeling the pair of eyes belonging to a devil....