ch. o16

One Last Chance

Ever since IU finally decided to give Wooyoung the chance to make up, he had endlessly dragged her to different charity events, donation programs, orphanages, and foster homes, trying to make up for this faltered image. Needless to say, IU was happy with all the good deeds Wooyoung began to drown himself in. And slowly by slowly, her heart started to beat once again for him, even forgiving him on its own accord.

And today, just like everyday, Wooyoung had already planned a fundraiser where he would be giving free lunchboxes to all the homeless. He has, like usual, dragged IU along.

Now skipping around like a happy puppy with the girl in toll, not many didn't recognize his face and name. Afterall, he has done hundreds if not thousands of charity events, fundraisers, and plenty of good deeds. Let's just say, his father was not too fond of all his hard earned money going towards these people despite its good cause.

As Wooyoung talked to the chairman of the Orphanange Foundation, he excused himself when he heard his phone ring.

Seeing the called id gave Wooyoung some shock but he wasn't about to let it be known.

"Hello."

"Come home right this instant."

"Neh."

Wooyoung excused himself from all the other benefactors that contributed to the orphanange charity event and sent IU home before he headed back to where he used to live with his father.

Knocking on the door, he entered the room after receiving permission.

His father sat at his desk, reading over a contract he has just received. His father was a meticulous person who went through every single detail and word of each contract. He knows how being an entrepeteur was dangerous and there is bound to be tons of people out there trying to bite him in the . He made it so they wouldn't be given any chances due to his mistakes.

Hearing Wooyoung sit down, he finally put down the folder he was reading into, his eyes gazing at Wooyoung with spite.

"All that money that I spent so much efforts to earn, you waste on stupid charitable events?"

"I'm just helping you earn some good karma."

His father scoffed. "Karma? Do you think this is all a game? It must be that maid isn't it?"

"This has nothing to with her."

"Right. Because as your father I wouldn't realize how you look at that girl when she was still a maid in the main house. Do you not remember what you promised me when you begged for her to move into the new mansion with you?"

Wooyoung stayed silent, unable to answer his father's question. Seeing his silence, he took in a deep breath, relaxing himself before leaning back in his chair. "It's alright now though. I'll make sure she won't appear in your life again."

His words cause Wooyoung to jolt up from his seat. Not even questioning his father to waste time, Wooyoung dashed out the doors and sped home. When he charged through the doors yelling for said girl, he didn't receive any. 

His heart rate increased and a bad feeling started to rise from the pits of his stomach. He first looked into the kitchen where it was empty before he moved to her room. There was a letter placed in the middle of her desk. Wooyoung walked over steadily as his hands began to shake. He knew what he was going to read is not something he would ever want to.

Wooyoung. I'm sorry but I have no other choice. I took the money. Goodbye.
- Jieun

That was it? Just four little sentences that didn't even make up one line of the letter? And signed by Jieun? What is that? IU never wrote by her real name. But then again, she never wrote him any letters.


"Why am I even here!?" Krystal growled, shooting Minho one of her famous glares as she sat on the bed.

She has finished taking a shower a few hours ago and with nothing to do, she has only been pacing around and attemping at fleeing the room. Minho seemed to be dead set on not letting her out of the room though cause with her numerous attempts, also came numerous obstructions from Minho.

"You don't need to know. All you need to know is that you'll be thanking me later on for this."

When Minho's phone rang, he instantly picked it up and for Krystal who was sick of being the only one to not know anything, she leaped at Minho to listen in on what the person other the phone is saying.

"Boss. We've fended off the Chiyos. They didn't manage to steal any properties of yours or Krystal-sshi's."

"Okay you guys did good. Go home and rest now."

Krystal shoved Minho, leading to the tall male falling back into the bed as she straddled him.

"That was it?! A stupid gang brawl!? Just because the Chiyos wanted my turfs? You have got to be en kidding me."

Deciding he liked how close Krystal was to him, Minho continued to lay there, a smirk slowly maknig its appearance."Where's the thank you I expected for protecting you AND your land?"

"I could've handled them all on my own! This wasn't any of your business."

"You can think of it that I just happened to fend them off your turf when I kicked them off of mine." Sneakily creeping his arms to hold Krystal's waist, when Krystal tried to struggle against his touch, he flipped their positions. Her leg now wrapped against his and face waaay closer than she would've wanted to, Minho couldn't hold himself back, attacking her lips. If he was able to ignore the enticing image of Krystal in a towel, he wasn't a man.

He has already held the urge in since hours ago when Krystal walked out with just a towel, not wanting to go back into the dirty clothes she has worn.

And poor Krystal whose defenses that were sky high for Minho couldn't escape from his passion and fell right into pace with him as she started tearing at his clothes. This caused Minho to smirk.

Maybe this trip wasn't so bad afterall.


"Hey! Stop walking so fast! It's bad for your brain." Leeteuk was currently chasing after Taeyeon who didn't want to stay in her apartment any longer, and came out to do some shopping. 

Taeyeon huffed in annoyance at the guy's constant nagging. When he caught up to her, he slid her shopping bags into his hands, grabbing hold of her hands at the same time.

"You're still recovering from the car accident. Don't carry anything too heavy. Give them to me." Taeyeon nodded while she tried to pry his hands off which clearly didn't work. Without much choice, she let Leeteuk hold onto her hands before starting her shopping spree again.

Five hours and thirty shopping bags later, Taeyeon finally realized she was hungry after all of Leeteuk's whining for the past two hours and headed over to the food court with an overly happy Leeteuk in tow. 

He settled Taeyeon and the bags down before heading over to the line to purchase food for her. Taeyeon cupped her face into her hands as she watched Leeteuk.

"He isn't as bad as I thought. Maybe this time, he genuinely likes me. Even if he's a good guy." She mumbled to herself just when Leeteuk caught her eyes.

He gave a huge smile and waved lightly at her, causing her to let out a giggle. 


Okay truth be told, I was completely lost on what to write after for WooU but I've got something up my sleeve now.

Still a bit clueless with the other couples though. Anyways, the story is ending soon. At most 10 more chapters to go.