chapter 8

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae Rin entered Junmyeon’s consultation room after he called her in. He smiled at Tae Rin. “Have a seat” Junmyeon gestured at the chair beside his table. “Would you like a hot tea? It’s cold outside and a hot honey lemon tea would be a nice treat” he asked.

“Sure” Tae Rin said. Junmyeon poured her a tea in a tea cup and handed it to her. Tae Rin took it and thanked him. She took a sip of the calming hot tea.

“So, what’s the occasion today?” Junmyeon asked.

“I think you are right, about me losing some of my memories” Tae Rin said.

“What made you say that?” Junmyeon raised his eyebrow.

“I think I started to remember part of it”. Junmyeon stayed silent and Tae Rin continued “I remembered about the promise that my brother made to me and this morning, I saw an advertisement” she paused for a while before she continued again “about Canola festival in Jeju. When I looked at it, I thought it was just the scene that I remembered from my dream but for some reason, it doesn’t feel like it is just a dream. I felt like I’ve been to a Canola field before but I don’t know when and where. It’s a bit vague”

“Are you sure about it? That it’s not just your dream?” Junmyeon asked. Tae Rin nodded. “Well that’s good then but you don’t have to force yourself to remember it. It may harm you” he said.

“But I think I am afraid of it” Tae Rin looked at the floor.

“Why?” Junmyeon asked.

“Because my mom, kept on saying ‘murderer’ in my dream. I’m afraid that I actually killed someone in the past and that was why she and my brother left. I’m afraid that’s the reason my dad started acting cold towards me because he had no choice but to take care of his murderer daughter” her hands and lips trembled as she spoke.

Junmyeon sighed. He hold Tae Rin’s hands. “Listen Tae Rin-shi. That’s just your assumption. We don’t know the truth yet because you only remember part of it. You told me that your brother and your mother left when you’re 11 years old right? There’s no way an 11 years old kid can kill a person. Don’t overthink about it and calm down okay?” he looked at Tae Rin.

“O…okay” she replied. Her hands still trembling. Junmyeon handed her the tea to calm her down. Tae Rin took tea and drank it.

“Do you want more tea?” Junmyeon asked. Tae Rin shook her head. “I think I need to go. It’s getting late” she said. “Thank you Dr Kim” Tae Rin bowed and thanked him before she left. When her figure disappeared from his sight, Junmyeon sighed. He leaned his back against the chair and stared at the ceiling while he spun the chair slowly. He then took her smartphone out of his pocket and dialled a number.

“Hello” The person on the other line answered.

“It’s me Kim Junmyeon. Do you have a few minutes to spare?” Junmyeon said.

“Oh Dr Kim. What is it?” The person replied.

“It’s about Tae Rin. She came today” Junmyeon took a minute before he continued. “I think she’s going to remember everything pretty soon. I’m actually worry that she’s going to do it again once all her memories return”

“Do Jongin know about this?” the person asked.

“No, he have no idea about it” Junmyeon answered. “Tae Rin didn’t want him to know”

The person sighed. “Is there any other way we can try?” he asked.

“I don’t think so” Junmyeon answered.

“Just keep track on her progression and keep an eye on Jongin as well. Make sure he didn’t do anything stupid. We will talk about it again. Thank you for informing me Dr Kim” The person ended the call.

 

“Jongin here!” Yixing waved at Jongin who just entered the lounge bar. The other members including Krystal were already there except Junmyeon. Junmyeon always late because of his work and they’re used to it. Sometimes he could not make it.

“Krystal you are coming as well” Jongin said as he sat down next to Sehun and Kyungsoo.

“I can’t miss the party, besides I haven’t seen the other guys for so long” she smiled. “Is Tae Rin not coming?” she asked nonchalantly while sipping on her drink.

“You already meet her?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yeah and that cheesy guy over there was acting lovey dovey with his wife” Krystal gestured at Jongin. The others almost choked their drinks. Sehun chuckled. “I thought you said you hate her” Sehun whispered to Jongin.

Jongin nudged Sehun and whispered back “It was part of my revenge plan, remember? On top of that, I need to act in front of Krystal since she didn’t know anything”. Sehun just nodded and chuckled again. He found it funny when Jongin said it was part of his plan. Sehun believed that Jongin was being sincere with it but he might not realise it.

“Back to question Jongin. Where’s Tae Rin?” Krystal asked.

“She’s not a fan of alcohol and party” Jongin replied.

Krystal chuckled. “I see, she’s not the fun type. I thought she like to join you lot” she’s actually mocking her but the others were oblivious to it. How can Jongin marry her? She seems a bit too far from Jongin type. Even Jin Ah drink and go to party even though she’s not an avid one. Is it an arranged marriage? Krystal was staring at Jongin and tilted her head, pondering about his marriage with Tae Rin.

“Hyung!” Chanyeol waved at Junmyeon when he saw him. “You’re late again” Chanyeol said as he made a space for Junmyeon to sit beside him.

“I’m sorry guys. I caught up with something today” Junmyeon apologised.

“What’s the occasion today?” Chanyeol asked. Everyone except Krystal was kind of interested to hear the story. Krystal was still pondering about Jongin. Junmyeon always have interesting stories about his experience with his various patients. However he still kept their confidential and didn’t mention their name.

“Well, this patient of mine, I am a bit concerned about her” Junmyeon said “She lost part of her memories but she started to remember it now”

“Isn’t it a good thing that she remember?” Yixing asked. The others nodded in agreement.

“True. It’s good that she started to remember but” Junmyeon stopped for a while before he continued “she’d done something that she should not do in the past so I’m afraid she will repeat it again when she remembers everything”

“How did you know hyung, that she’d done it?” Jongin asked. Junmyeon looked at Jongin. “My senior who was previously her doctor told me when she gave me the case. So I am well aware of her conditions. She’s actually just a poor girl that need a lot of care. She’s been hurt many times so I guess that’s what made her who she is now” His eyes still on Jongin. “Anyway, she’s married” Junmyeon turned to look away and took a shot of drink.

“At least she have a husband to take care of her if something happen” Chen said.

“Well, I hope so” Junmyeon said as he glanced at Jongin.

“What if she’s married to a guy that was arranged by her parents? He would not love her. Don’t you think?” Krystal suddenly asked. Everyone was a bit shock with her sudden statement. “What? I’m just saying. Usually someone that was married to the person that their parents arranged don’t love their spouse. Am I wrong?” she said, trying to bait Jongin to answer it.

“I believe it depends on the person. They might love each other after a while” Junmyeon said. The others just nodded. Jongin didn’t even respond to it and act as if he’s not affected by that question.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter