Chapter 3

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tae Rin was running on the field that is full of flowers. The soothing breezes and the smell of flowers make her happy. She plucked one of the flower and slipped it at the back of her ear. She turned around to look at her brother that was standing looking at her, smiling. The boy have a dark brown eyes and soft hair with a wide smile plastered on his face. His smile could make everyone who’s looking at him feel calm. He was wearing a white shirt with black trouser. He’s standing five foot tall.

“Tae Hyung oppa, do you think this flower suit me?” She tried to look cute to get his compliment. He didn’t say anything back but still keeping his smile. Tae Rin frowned when he didn’t give her a response that she want. He then opened her hands wide, ready to give her a bear hug. Tae Rin smiled, running towards his hug. She always loves his hug. She will literally forgive him for the sake of his warm hug. However, even though Tae Rin kept on running, she’s still far from her brother. It’s not like he’s moving but why she could not reach him? “Oppa!” she called him, still running.

“Oppa!” she shouted when suddenly blood splashed on him, staining his white shirt and his face. Tae Hyung looked down at his shirt and his palms. His face was still look calm but there’s a tinge of sadness. He then looked up at her with a blank stare. His face didn’t show any expression.

“Tae Rin…” he called her name. He then disappeared from her sight. “Oppa!”She fell down on her knees.

“Murderer…” Her mother’s whispering at her but she could not find where the voice came from.

Tae Rin’s eyes shot opened. Bead of sweats dripping from her face and body. She was drenched in sweats. She sat up on her bed, panting. She covered her face with her both her palms. “It was just a bad dream” she’s still panting. She turned around towards her bedside table to grab a drink. She gulped down the clear water to calm down. She saw the clock, it was 6 in the morning. She then got out of the bed and entered the bathroom. She splashed water on her face. She looked at her reflected image on the mirror. The images of the dream still playing vividly in her mind, especially her mother’s word. She opened her toilet cabinet, took a pill and chucked it down . She ignored those thought and jumped into the shower to get ready for work.

Tae Rin got off the bus and walked towards the company. She didn’t drive her car nor she ask her chauffer to do so since she didn’t want people to know about her family status. Unnecessary attention is what she hate. She didn’t want people to treat her differently when they know she’s Song Jewelleries’ chairman’s daughter.

“Good morning!” Suddenly someone greeted her. Tae Rin turned and saw Wonho walking beside her. She didn’t know where the hell he came from. She’s sure that they didn’t take the same bus. Maybe he’s walking from different direction. Tae Rin did not answer him as usual. She just continued walking, ignoring him. “Cold as usual” Wonho chuckled. They were walking passed the company’s main door. “I bet Mr.Kim Jongin didn’t get this cold treatment. So jealous of him” Wonho said nonchalantly.

Tae Rin stopped walking, looking around making sure that no one hear him. She then pulled Wonho to a more secluded place. She made sure that no one can hear them. She shot him a glare.

“Can you please not say that carelessly” she said. Wonho raised a brow. Tae Rin sighed. “Look, nobody know about this marriage and I don’t want to reveal it as well as my family status. So I would appreciate it if you can keep it to yourself what you saw and heard few days ago”

“What will I get in return?” Wonho said. Now it’s Tae Rin’s turn to raise an eyebrow. “You didn’t expect me to keep this juicy story for free don’t you? Everyone in this building and probably outside dying to know about Mr Kim Jongin’s private life” Wonho grinned.

Tae Rin rolled her eyes. “What do you want?” She asked annoyingly.

“Simple, I want to be your friend” he smiled.

“Why?” she asked, bemused with his request.

“Why? Just because I want to. You don’t like it?”

“Yes”

“I’m fine then. Hmm…who should I tell first? Should I go to Yuri. She loves juicy gossip” Wonho grinned at her. He then turned to leave her.

“Wait!” Tae Rin hold his hand, stopping him from walking. Eyes on the floor. She still contemplating whether she should accept his friend request. She took a deep breath and said “We can be…friend” Wonho smiled from ear to ear. He was so happy to hear that words coming out from her. Although it was because of that secret, he’s still happy. Yes! He made a small ceremony without her realising. He took out his phone and handed it to her. “Friend should keep each other number” he said happily. Tae Rin rolled her eyes and typed her number. “Thank you, friend!” Wonho smiled as she returned his phone to him with her number saved in it.

Wonho didn’t intend to reveal that secret to other people even if she refused to be his friend. He never like gossiping about other people’s affair. He just found it fun to with it. Her reaction when he said Kim Jongin’s name out loud just now was funny because she’s usually calm with a cold expression displaying on her face. He’d been seeing that cold expression for about a year and half since they became colleague. He would like to capture that face sand save it in his phone.

 

Kim Jongin entered his huge office room and sat on the office chair. He turned the chair around to face the big window at the back. His mind was thinking about the incident he saw when he reached the company just now. He saw Tae Rin holding a guy’s hand, dragging him somewhere. That guy was smiling widely when she did that. It was like he’s pleased that Tae Rin was holding his hand. I felt like I saw him somewhere. His face was familiar. Jongin then remembered the guy that he saw talking to Tae Rin in the bridal shop. It was him. That guy from the bridal shop. Do they knew each other? Is he her boyfriend? Jongin laughed at the thought of that guy being her boyfriend. She didn’t seem to be the type that will have a boyfriend for him or is he just underestimating her. That will be a bit nuisance to his plan if she do have one. I need to find out about that guy. Jongin took out his phone and called his secretary. A few minutes later Jongin’s secretary, Kim Seokjin entered the room.

“Do you need anything Mr Kim?” he bowed politely.

“I want you to find out if Song Tae Rin have a boyfriend”

“You mean your fiancé, Miss Song?” Kim Seokjin smiled. He’s feeling a bit weird since his employer never shown any interest towards woman besides Jin Ah. He has been working with him for a long time since Kim Jongin took this position so he knew a lot about him and they’re a bit close as well. Sometimes Jongin called him ‘hyung’ since Seokjin is older than him.

“Yes. Her ex-boyfriend or anything related to it” Jongin replied. Seokjin gave him a bemuse expression. He’s actually hoping Jongin could enlighten him a bit on why he’s asking about her relationship with guys. He knew Jongin married her out of love. Did he happen to fall in love with her fiancé? Seokjin gapped at the thought of it. He covered his mouth to hide his expression. Jongin looked at him.

“I knew what you’re thinking. It’s not it. I don’t love that woman”

“Well, i…”

“Your expression says everything” Jongin cut his word. “Now I would love it if you can leave this room and start finding out about it. It would be great if you can find it within this week” Jongin waved his hand, gesturing him to leave the room. Seokjin bowed and left.

It was already 7pm and Jongin was still in his office room, working on a big project that he’s going to present to the board members this week. He didn’t want to disappoint his father. That old man is really strict with him when it comes to work. He will not let him get away if he make a silly mistake. He knew that his father asked him to marry Tae Rin not just because for the sake of merging the company but to shut the rumours about him being a playboy circulating among the board members. They will find him incompetent and a guy who loves to play woman’s heart. Furthermore, he marrying a woman will mean that there’s possibility that he will have an heir and it will strengthen his position as Kim Corporation CEO.

He heard a knock on his door. “Come in!” Baekhyun poked out his head behind the door and smiled at Jongin. “Hyung? What are you doing here?” Jongin asked. Baekhyun entered the room and walked towards the couch. He settled himself on one of the couch.

“Did you forget already about your bachelor party today?” Baekhyun said. “I just passed your company and wondering if you’re still here and we can go to the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter