Chapter 15

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tae Rin sat on the rattan chair which overlooked their garden outside. She looked the big clock on the wall, it’s almost 12 midnight but Jongin’s nowhere to be seen. He’s been avoiding her call as well. What is wrong with that guy? Did he just playing around with me? She can’t stop thinking about what Krystal told her. Thinking about it she realised that they’re both close to each other. She knew him way longer than her. Were they couple before? Or they might still be in a relationship but he hide it from me? She bite her nail thinking of all the possibilities. Stop thinking about it Tae Rin. I’m sure they’re not in that kind of relationship. They might be just a close friend. She nodded, trying to make herself better.

            Her eyes caught a silhouette near their swimming pool. She couldn’t see it clearly who’s that person. “Jongin?” She stood up and make her way quickly towards that person. She wanted him to explain everything so that she can at least ease her mind. As soon as she reached there, there’s no one. “What the…” she looked around trying to find him. “Is it just my imagination? I’m sure I saw someone here. Jongin where are you? Is not funny to play hide and seek. Just tell me what’s in your mind!” her eyes still looked around. Where is he hiding?

Suddenly she felt like someone pushed her and she lost her balance. She tried to grab anything that’s near her but failed and she fell into the pool. Her hands hopelessly trying to swim upward but her body seems to be sinking further instead. While she’s trying to swim upward, her eyes caught the silhouette that she saw earlier. She couldn’t see it clearly since she’s struggling to swim upward and her feet kicking the water. The figure looked like a woman staring down at her. Who’s that? Why it seems so familiar. Tae Rin felt like a déjà vu. Her mind then started to remember during the time where she fell into the pool. Just like what happened to her now, someone pushed her but her memory seems to can’t recollect what who’s that person. She looked at that person face which became clearer and clearer.

 Mom?! The person that was looking down at her was her biological mother. She accidently opened in shock and the water started to get into . “He...help!” she helplessly calling for help because she’s out of air inside her lung. She then felt a pair of hands grabbing her waist and pulled her upward. She gasped for air once they reached the surface. She started coughing as was hurting. She looked at the person that was holding her. It was Jongin. He pulled her towards the edge of the pool before lifting her up.

They both were out of the pool and Tae Rin was still coughing, trying to regain some air to breathe. She looked Jongin who was sitting next to her, panting. “Are you crazy?! Who the hell sitting at the pool during midnight?!” he shouted at her. When she didn’t respond, he let out a frustration sighed. He then heard her sobbing. He turned to look at her and she was crying. He felt a pang of guilty for shouting at her.

“He…hey. I’m sorry for shouting at you” he tried to console her.

“You…finally spoke to me” she said while sobbing. “I thought you are not going to talk to me anymore and it hurt me so much” Jongin felt like a needle pricked his heart when she said that. He’d been a jerk to her. He pulled her into a hug.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry” he apologized while patting her back. She cried louder and Jongin hugged her tighter, trying to calm her down. It’s not like he wanted to avoid her, but he didn’t know how to act after that night.

She lying on the bed after they changed into dry clothes. She looked up at the ceiling. “What are you thinking?” Jongin asked as he sat at the edge of the bed.

“My mother” she answered.

“Do you miss her?” he asked.

“I don’t know”

“What do you mean you don’t know?”

Tae Rin silent for a while before she continued “She pushed me…into the pool”

“You mean just now? There’s no one beside me and you in this house”

“Maybe I was just imagining she pushed me just now when actually it was me who lost my balance while walking along the pool but she did pushed me before,” she took a deep breathe because those memories were playing inside her mind. “I think I was young at that time. She just looked at me struggling to swim. She knew I couldn’t swim. I don’t know why she did that. I couldn’t remember anything after that incident” she said. “I think I lost all my memories. All I could remember when I woke up was Joong Ki oppa and my dad sitting beside me in the hospital. I don’t know what happened to my mother and brother. I think they hated me. That’s why my own mother tried to kill me” tears started to running down her cheek. “Despite that, I still missed them. I wanted to know why they left me” she covered her face with her palm, embarrassed because she looked weak right now. She always let herself become weak in his presence and she hate it sometimes. Tae Rin could feel Jongin pulled her into a hug.

“You know what, I don’t think she hate you” he said. “There must be a reason why she did that. There must be a reason why they left you and I think deep inside they still love you”

“I don’t know…I don’t know Jongin. I’m tired of all this. I hate that I couldn’t remember all the things that happened to me before. When you started to ignore me, I thought you hate me. I thought you want to leave me just like all of the people that left me. I’m afraid to be alone again” she buried her face into his broad chest and tighten her hug as if her life depend on it.

“I don’t hate you Tae Rin. Trust me and just give me some time to gather myself. There’s a lot of things that has been running inside my mind and I need to settle it down slowly. Can you trust me and give me some time?”

Tae Rin nodded. “Just don’t leave me and ignore me” she said. “It hurts when you did that”

Jongin kissed the top of her head. “I won’t leave you, ever”

“Jongin” after a long silent Tae Rin spoke.

“Hmm?”

“Do you love me?” Jongin’s eyes widened a bit when she asked that. She released the hug to look at him in his eyes. “Do you love me?”

Jongin’s mouth slightly opened. He’s speechless. He seems to can’t gather his words to answer her. When he looked at her in the eyes, he could sense that she’s sincere with her question. “I…”

“Sorry. I think I rushed you to answer it when you said to give you some time. You can ignore it” she looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter