Chapter 5

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           

It had been 3 weeks since the wedding day. Neither one of them talk to each other. Mostly because Tae Rin has been avoiding Jongin a lot these days. She made herself busy with works so that she won’t think about him. She didn’t want her feeling for Jongin to grow deeper to the point she can’t escape from it but little did she know she’s actually trying to deny her feeling for him. It is because she’s afraid of getting hurt by people again. She had built a thick wall in her heart to protect herself from people but she didn’t realise that Jongin’s already slowly crushing the wall that has been there for years.

Tae Rin was jogging along the Han River early in the morning since it was Saturday and she felt like she want to take some fresh air outside. She usually jog near her parents’ house or on a treadmill in a mini gym which was built inside her parents’ house. Joong Ki always exercise his body so they have a mini gym inside their house.

“Oh, I didn’t know you like to jog here?” suddenly Wonho appeared, running along beside her.

Tae Rin looked at him with an annoyed face. Why I kept on seeing this guy everywhere in this damn city. She was about to say something when Wonho cut her. “You are going to ask if I stalk on you right?” How did he know it? Tae Rin was perplexed. “I can read it you’re your face” he chuckled “Hey I am not that desperate to see you. I usually jog here. It feel less stuffy than running in the gym”

“Okay. I trust you” she said.

“Yeah you should trust your friend especially me” he grinned. They stopped and rest after about 15 minutes. They both sat on a grass while panting. Tae Rin drank the water that she brought feeling the fresh cold water running down . She looked at Wonho who was lying down on the grass still trying to catch his breath.

“Do you want some?” Tae Rin offered her drink, feeling sorry seeing he didn’t bring any drink to cool down his throat.

“Thanks. I forgot to bring mine” Wonho sat up and took the bottle from her before gulping down the water. He felt a bit relieved after he drank the water. He then realised something and asked Tae Rin “Did you come alone? Or is sajang-nim here?” he looked around to check if his CEO is here. He didn’t want Kim Jongin to misunderstand him trying to flirt with his wife.

“He’s not here, you don’t have to worry” Tae Rin said, realising that Wonho seems a bit worried that Jongin will see him. “He doesn’t care anyway” she muttered under her breath. Luckily Wonho didn’t hear what she said later.

“Do you want to eat breakfast with me? I knew a good restaurant that serve good breakfast” Wonho asked. Tae Rin thought for a while since she never eat together with people besides her family and during businessman dinner party. She hesitated whether she should eat with Wonho but for some reason she felt sorry if she refuse. Wonho always treat her nicely even though most of the time she ignore it. I think it doesn’t hurt to eat with him once.

“Sure” she agreed. Wonho smiled widely when she agreed. Yes! Finally!

“Let’s go. It’s just nearby. It is my treat today” he said.

After about 10 minutes’ walk, they reached a restaurant. There’s quite a lot of people eating inside the restaurant. The restaurant serve hot Korean cuisine. Wonho and Tae Rin sat down and looked up at the menu. Tae Rin scanned the menu to see if there’s something that she like. She’s so hungry since she didn’t eat anything since she woke up so everything in the menu looked tempting to her.

“Do you not like it? Should we go somewhere else?” Wonho asked as Tae Rin took a bit of time to decide her order.

“Oh no I am fine eating here. I am just not sure which one to choose” she said while looking at the menu. “Maybe I should just order same as yours” she gave up and decided to order the same as Wonho since she assumed he must knew the most delicious food here. A middle-aged woman came to their table to take the order.

“Oh, you come with someone today. Is she your girlfriend?” the woman tittered.

“She’s my friend” Wonho smiled.

“Really? Too bad” the woman frowned a bit. She then took their order and left to the kitchen.

“Did you come here often?” Tae Rin asked.

“Yeah. I always come here since I was in college” Wonho answered. Tae Rin nodded. After about 15 minutes, their food came and both enjoyed their food.

******************************************************************************

Jongin woke up to the sunlight that peak through the curtain. He rubbed his eyes in annoyance because of the headache that he felt. He drank a lot yesterday and came home late. He still wore the clothes from yesterday and it reek of alcohol. He took off his clothes and went to the bathroom to shower. After he changed his clothes, he went down to the kitchen to see what he can eat to cure his hangover. The house was so quiet and there’s no trace of human. He looked around and couldn’t find Tae Rin. “Did she go out already? That was quite early” he looked at the clock which showed that it was 10 in the morning. He realised that Tae Rin has been avoiding him this past few weeks. She’s like a ghost in this house. Sometimes Jongin’s not sure if she’s a living creature. Jongin poured himself a glass of water and drank it. He found a packet of ramyun in the cupboard and decided to cook it.

He sat down in the living room after he ate his ramyun, feeling a bit relieved. He switched on the television to entertain himself. He then heard the front door opened and saw Tae Rin walked in wearing a tracksuit. Tae Rin saw him sitting on the couch in the living room but then she looked away, avoiding an eye contact with him.

“Where have you been? Did you run around the whole city?” Jongin asked.

“I went for a jog at Han River” Tae Rin answered. She walked towards the stairs.

“Han River? With that guy?” he scoffed.

Tae Rin ignored him and went upstairs towards the walk in closet. She searched for a pair of shorts and t-shirt to wear in the closet. Suddenly Jongin trapped her from behind. Tae Rin did not realise that he was there before.

“You still haven’t answer my question”. Tae Rin could feel his breath on her neck and he smells incredibly good. “Did you go out with that guy?” Jongin asked again. Tae Rin was bemused with his question. She have no idea which guy he’s referring to.

“Who are you referring to?” she asked, her back still facing him. In a swift movement, Jongin grabbed her hand and turned her around making her lean against the wall beside them. Jongin placed both his hands on either side of Tae Rin. Tae Rin was baffled with his action. She looked up at him. Jongin’s face shows no expression.

“You knew who I mean. Shin Wonho, your sweetheart” he smirked.

“He’s not like what you think. Wonho is my friend” she said, correcting him

“Ahh…friend” Jongin scoffed. “I don’t like you hanging out with that guy” he then moved his face closer to her. “I won’t let him have your heart darling” he spoke in a low voice making Tae Rin shivered. Jongin chuckled seeing her reaction. He moved his face away from her and looked at her in the eyes.

“Can you cook?” Jongin asked. Tae Rin took a few seconds to actually nod. “Good. Can you cook for me some hangover soup? My stomach is not feeling well from hangover” Jongin moved his hands away from her side and rub his belly. He thought that eating ramyun will relieve it but it was only for few minutes.

“Ye…yeah. Give me few minutes to shower and change my clothes” Tae Rin answered. Her eyes were looking at the floor. She didn’t want to look at Jongin because her heart started to beat faster again and not to her liking.

“Okay, I’ll wait downstairs” Jongin then left the room. Tae Rin sighed a relief. What’s with that? Why my heart started to beat faster again and what is wrong with him? I though he didn’t care but why he’s acting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter