Chapter 4

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day of the wedding. It was held in Shilla Hotel, one of the famous hotel in Korea. Both Jongin and Tae Rin’s parents were busy greeting the guests. Jongin came and joined them after he finished his makeup as a courtesy for the groom to greet the guests. All of Jongin’s friends came and they visited Tae Rin’s waiting room. Tae Rin was surprised to see a group of men visiting her room. The only people she knew is Junmyeon. She assumed that the others were Jongin’s close friends. She greeted them with a smile.

“Sister In-law!” Chanyeol hugged Tae Rin causing her to become perplexed.

“Chanyeol you should not hug her suddenly. You are scaring her” Baekhyun hit his head and dragged him away from Tae Rin. He then apologised to Tae Rin because of Chanyeol’s behaviour. They introduced themselves to Tae Rin.

“Jongin should bring you to meet us so we can make a proper introduction” Kyungsoo said. “Anyway, congratulation Tae Rin-shi and welcome to our family” he smiled.

“We recognised each other as a family. So if a woman marry one of us she will become our new family member” Sehun explained.

“That explained why Chanyeol-shi called me sister in-law just now” said Tae Rin. Chan yeol just grinned.

“Jongin can be ignorant and short-tempered sometimes. So please bear with him. He’s actually a nice person once you know him” said Junmyeon while giving Tae Rin a light pat on her shoulder. The others nodded. Although Jongin was so adamant with his revenge, deep in heart Junmyeon believe that Jongin will change his heart soon because as far as he knew, Jongin is a nice person and he always care about people. The other members also believed the same and they hope Jongin will change soon.

“Thanks for your kind advice” Tae Rin smiled. The members then took some pictures with her as a memory and then left the room.

Tae Rin sat quietly on the cushioned chair, waiting until she was call for. A lot of people came earlier to greet and congratulate her including Jongin’s mother. Her stepmother didn’t show up and she didn’t expect her to do so. Joong Ki showed up for few minutes to check if she’s doing fine before he left to greet the guest at the front. She just told him that she’s fine. His action made her feel a little bit sad because she wanted her real brother to be here on her wedding day. She wanted him to smile and say that she’s beautiful and give her a warm hug just like how he always do. She kind of missed her mother as well. She missed her motherly hug and night kisses. Why am I thinking about this? They already left, leaving me and father in this darkness for years.

Tears started to pool inside her eyes. As much as she hate them, she could not deny that she miss them a lot. Tae Rin quickly wiped her tears before it ruin her make up. She can’t let people see her tears.

“You are about to ruin your make up” Wonho suddenly appeared at the door.

“Why are you here?” Tae Rin asked, surprised to see him at her wedding. “Did my mother invite you?”

“Bingo!” Wonho said. “Also, I need to make sure the dress that my customer a.k.a my friend is wearing is perfect until the end of the ceremony” he walked closer to her. Tae Rin felt a bit awkward since he definitely saw her crying.

Wonho looked at her, he wanted to ask why she’s crying but he felt like it is not the right time so he just shrugged off the thought. Instead he said “Did my sister made the dress too tight for you? You seems a bit uncomfortable. Can you walk?” he asked.

“Ye…yeah. I’m fine with the dress” she answered but then she realised something. “Do I look fat?” she checked herself in the mirror. It is not like she care if she’s a bit fatter than before but she want to at least look beautiful for Jongin. Wait, why did I care about what he think?

“No you are not. In fact you look soooooooo beautifullll in it” Wonho praised her, emphasising the word beautiful. He grinned like a Cheshire cat. Tae Rin gave him a sceptical look.

“I guess it’s because this is your sister’s design. You don’t mean that beautiful part don’t you” she thought Wonho was lying about her being so beautiful because he seems like he’s joking. She didn’t know that Wonho actually meant what he said. She looked like an angel right now to him but he need to control his expression since she’s going to be someone’s wife.

 

Jongin was standing on the altar waiting for the bride to enter the hall. Everyone was whispering, praising his handsome look. Some of the mothers wished that they could have him as their son in-law. The MC then announced that the bride is entering. Jongin looked at the direction where she’s entering with her father. His mouth gapped a bit when he saw her walking along the aisle. He admitted that she looked gorgeous in that dress and that make up made her look a bit different than usual but still emphasising her soft look. Get your act together Jongin. She’s nothing. Jin Ah is much more beautiful than her. He cleared his throat a bit. He took her hand from Mr Kim when she reached the altar.

The priest started to read the vow and everyone was listening to him. Both of them said the ‘I do’ phrases and exchanged the rings. Everyone gave a huge clap to them. They just stay silent for a bit not knowing what to do. “The groom may kiss the bride” the priest said. Jongin could see Tae Rin’s eyes widened a bit and she’s nervous. Jongin chuckled before he grabbed her by waist, making her stumbled a bit towards him. Tae Rin looked up at him with a widened eyes. Jongin’s face moved closer towards her ear.

“You are lucky” he whispered and then he planted a soft kiss on her plump lips. Although that kiss only lasted for a few seconds, Tae Rin could not help but blushed. Her heart palpitated and she felt like it can pop out from her body anytime. She could feel a surge of warmness in her body, as if he’s been transmitting heat into her. It felt so comfortable that she didn’t want to let it go. It made her confused because she could not interpret this sudden outburst of feeling. Jongin cut her thought when he led her to turn around towards the audience. He again whispered to her “Act like we’re a happy couple”. Tae Rin realised everyone was cheering and whistling at them. She had been in her own world just now because of him. She quickly smile so that people will not find it weird. Jongin put his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. Tae Rin could not help but to love it because he made her feel warm but at the same time she wanted him to stop acting like that because he’s confusing her more. Jongin on the other hand felt a bit of triumph because he could sense a bit that Tae Rin secretly enjoyed the kiss. That means she started to have a feeling for him and his plan is running smoothly. He looked at Joong Ki who was standing at the front with the other family members. Your little sister will suffer soon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter