Chapter 12

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A lot of people came to Mr Song funeral. They came to pay their last respect to him. Mrs Song was crying but still manage to greet the people that came to pay their respect. Joong Ki remained calm although he was sad too but he need to stay strong for both his mother and Tae Rin. Tae Rin on the other hand still remained silent and shows no expression. She greeted the people silently at the side. Jongin stood beside her and he stole a glance at her sometimes, worried about her.

All of Jongin’s friends came to the funeral excluding Krystal. Wonho didn’t come since he didn’t know about the unfortunate event. Tae Rin just kept on staring at the floor for the whole time. Joong Ki was worried about her because of her unexplained expression. He didn’t know what she was feeling right now. She’s officially alone without her biological family now. Joong Ki knew still didn’t acknowledge him and his mother as her family member. Despite that, he still loves her like his real sister and he’s glad that she at least have Jongin. Well, he hope that Jongin can protect her when he’s not around. However, he’s still worried since Jongin didn’t know anything. Should I tell him? I don’t know yet if he really cares about Tae Rin. They married for business sake so he might not love her enough to protect her. However, I’m not always around her now. Father, what should I do about her? He turned to look at Mr Song funeral picture and sighed. Tae Hyung, I wish you can be here right now.

 

The funeral service came to an end. Most of the people that came already went home. Jongin went to the toilet to wash his face. It was a long day for him. There’s too many things happened and he need a break from it but he can’t. He need to make sure Tae Rin is fine first since she went through a lot than him. Jongin was sure that Tae Rin felt tired inside out but she didn’t show it. Soon enough, Jongin heard a door to a cubicle behind him opened and Joong Ki came out. Jongin looked at him through the huge mirror in front of him before he turned to look the other way. Joong Ki went to the sink to wash his hands. They both remained silent for a while. Jongin was dying to ask Joong Ki about Tae Rin but he didn’t know how to put the words. Scratch it Jongin, just ask him. He might answer you or at least you will get a hint from him. Before Jongin could open his mouth to speak, Joong Ki already cut him and asked “Do you love Tae Rin?” His question was straightforward and caused Jongin to become speechless for a few minutes.

“You don’t have to lie and be honest with me” Joong Ki said without looking at him. When Jongin still didn’t answer him, he said “I take it as you don’t love her” he took a napkin to dry his hands.

“Wa…wait. Why are you asking me this?” Jongin asked. Joong Ki’s question was too sudden and out of the blue to him.

“Because I need to know if you are able to stay and protect my sister. It’s just a simple question, whether you love her or not” Joong Ki replied.

Jongin took the chance to ask him “Protect her from what? From her past? Or did someone will come and do harm to her?” Answer me! I need to know!

Joong Ki stopped in track. He was actually surprised with Jongin’s questions. Did he know about it? If he did, who told him? Father?

“Did I hit the point?” Jongin smirked.

“To protect her from herself” Joong Ki answered.

“Herself? What do you mean by that?” Jongin asked.

So he didn’t know the whole story. He might only knew part of it or maybe he didn’t know the exact things that happened. “I can’t tell you now since I don’t trust you yet. I can’t be sure whether you will stay with her if I tell you the whole story. For now I want someone to be on her side at least if anything happen. I can’t be with her the whole time and I can’t afford to have another people leaving her now since father just left. She need time to regain her composure” Joong Ki threw the napkin into the bin and left the dumbfounded Jongin behind.

Jongin went back to the funeral room. Joong Ki’s words been playing in his mind. He didn’t get what does he meant by protecting her from herself. What the hell is happening? Seriously, I need someone to enlighten me about this. This is so frustrating! When he reached the room, he saw Tae Rin was still sitting in the same spot and same position. Her face still the same as before. Jongin went near her and said “Tae Rin, let’s go home and get some rest. We’ve been here for the whole day and you haven’t eat anything yet” he bend on his knee touched her shoulder.

“I should have come earlier” she suddenly spoke. “Daddy loves tofu and I should cook it for him. I should have massage his legs when he feel cramp. I should bring him his favourite book so that he wouldn’t feel bore in the hospital. It’s been long since…” she stopped for a while “I call her ‘daddy’. I haven’t tell him yet…” she started to tear up “how much I miss him and loves him. I wanted to hold his hands and tell him that I’m sorry I couldn’t be a daughter that he can be proud of. I wanted to see him smile” Tears threatened to fall down on her cheeks. “I really miss him” She covered her face with her palm and burst into tears.

Jongin heart sank when he saw her crying. She endured this all this time. She must be feeling so hurt and sad right now. Jongin wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a hug. He gently patted her back. “Cry all you want. I will always lean my shoulder to you” he said and kissed the top of her head. He felt relieved that she finally let out her feelings rather than bottling it up inside. She break down a lot these days which made him wonder how long she had been keeping all these to herself. He hope she will someday open up and share it with him.

 

Wonho kept on biting his nail and tapping her feet. He’s worried about Tae Rin. Tae Rin was on sick leave for few days so he’s worried if anything bad happened to her. Is she that sad that she got sick? I’m sure I saw her on that day in the club. Damn Kim Jongin! Even he’s married, he still go around flirting with girls. Wonho saw Jongin kissed Krystal in the club. He tried to chase Tae Rin when he saw her but he lost her since there’s too many people in the club. Wonho was worried if Tae Rin got sick because of that incident since she saw her husband cheating on her. He tried to call her once but she didn’t pick up the call so he assumed that she need some time alone. However, it didn’t put Wonho to ease. He wanted to make sure that she’s fine or if she need a company to release her stress.

“What’s wrong mate?” Minhyuk, Wonho’s housemate asked. “I think you’ve been daydreaming these days. Anything bothering you? Or are you thinking about a girl” Minhyuk grinned.

“How did you know?” Wonho quickly asked. Then he realised that he already put himself into a mess. Minhyuk will never let him go until he get what he want. ! He cursed at himself.

“Did I just heard a word ‘girl’?” Jooheon, Wonho’s another housemate came from behind and joined them. “Hyung, did you have a girlfriend now?” Jooheon asked Wonho since Minhyuk already have a girlfriend.

Wonho sighed since he’s stuck between his two friends who’s looking at him with a curious eyes. “She’s not my girlfriend. We’re just friend” he said.

“Friend can become a lover” Minhyuk said.

“Do you love her?” Jooheon bombarded him with another question.

“Wow give me a break guys” Wonho said.

“Spill it! You know we won’t let you go” Minhyuk grinned.

“I…” Wonho let out another sigh. “I do love her but…” he stopped for a while.

“What? Is she an ahjumma? Halmeoni? But what hyung?” Jooheon asked. Suddenly it hit Jooheon and Minhyuk and they both looked at each other before they spoke in sync “Is she married??!”

Wonho looked at both of them whose eyes widen now. “Well, you guys guessed it correctly”

“Holy moly hyung! How did you end up falling in love with a married woman?! Or did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter