Chapter 7

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I love you. Jongin blinked his eyes as he woke up. He felt like someone said that words to him. He tried to sit up and the towel on his forehead fell on his lap. He picked it up and wondering why is it on his forehead. He touched his forehead to feel whether it is hot. Did I catch a fever? He looked around and realised someone was sleeping beside him. It was Tae Rin. She was sleeping while sitting on the floor and her hands pillowed her head on the bed. Why was she sleeping here? Jongin then saw a basin filled with water on the bedside table. So I did have a fever. He sighed as he contemplating whether he should wake her up or carry her to the bed. Jongin thought that she seems uncomfortable sleeping in that position. Suddenly Tae Rin stirred from her sleep. Jongin saw it and he quickly put the towel on his forehead and laid on the bed, pretending that he’s still sleeping.

Tae Rin woke up and stretched her hands a bit. She looked at Jongin who was still sleeping. She checked the time at the clock beside her. I still got time before work. Tae Rin removed the towel and feel Jongin’s forehead. It already cool down. She sighed a relief that Jongin at least feel well now. Tae Rin then tried to stand up on her foot but her legs were numb and she wobbled. She lost her balance and almost fall down but Jongin was quick. He caught her before she fall on the hard floor and she fell on the bed instead with him on top of her. Their faces were an inch away and their lips almost touch. Jongin looked down at her who was flabbergasted with the situation. Tae Rin’s face turned red and her eyes quivered as Jongin looked at her straight in her eyes.

“Be careful” Jongin said and he sat up, moving away from her. “Need a help to stand?” he asked.

“N…no. I can do it myself. I just need to give my legs a bit massage” she sat up and massaged her legs a minute before she got out of the bed. Jongin just watched her as she left the room with the basin.

Jongin changed into his work clothes after he showered. He looked at his reflection in the mirror as he tightened his tie and buttoned his hand cuffs. Jongin straightened his blazer and make sure it look neat. He suddenly remembered about the incident just now. Her lips that was parted slightly tempted him to kiss her just now. If he didn’t move away he might kiss her at that moment. Jongin, what are you thinking about! He shrugged off his thought and grabbed his coat before he went downstairs to the kitchen. Jongin saw a pot of porridge on the countertop with a sticky note on it.

‘Eat this and don’t overwork yourself’

Jongin chuckled as he read it. He looked at the porridge that’s still warm. It looked so delicious and tempting. When did she actually prepared this? Jongin stomach started to grumble because he haven’t eat since last night. He sat on the counter stool and started to dig in the porridge.

 

Tae Rin yawned as she was organising the documents in front of her. She felt sleepy since she didn’t get a good night sleep last night. Sleeping in a sitting position caused her body to ache a bit. I hope he’s doing well and didn’t overwork himself. Tae Rin was worried Jongin will get sick again.

“Tae Rin-shi, have you done organising it?” Sunmi, her senior colleague came and asked her.

“Yes, I already done it” she replied.

“Can you help me to bring this to the document room upstairs? The manager asked me for a help right now” Sunmi asked her for a help.

“Yeah, sure” Tae Rin agreed to help her. She didn’t really have anything important to do right now so she might as well do something. Also she’s feeling sleeping so she wanted to walk a bit so she can at least feel less sleepy.

Tae Rin brought the documents with her hand and entered the lift. As the lift ascended, it stopped at certain floor and someone entered the lift. Tae Rin looked up and it was Jongin with his secretary. She and the other two people who were in the lift with her bowed at him. Tae Rin kept a professional face since they’re at workplace. However, she could not stop herself from yawning. I need to get a strong coffee later. Jongin who was watching her from back saw her yawning and she seems to been carrying something heavy on her hand. He felt a bit guilty since it was his fault that she didn’t get a good rest last night. He couldn’t offer her a help since people will be watching them. Stop caring Jongin. You didn’t ask her to take care of you last night. It was her own choice. Jongin tried to not care about her and kept a stoic face as he looked away.

Both Jongin and Tae Rin got off at the same floor. Tae Rin was walking a bit too fast that she accidently tripped on her own leg and fell down. The documents that she’s holding scattered on the floor. Jongin was surprised to see her fell down. He wanted to help her but he hold it in and just stood there. What a clumsy girl. Seokjin on the other hand was about to help but a guy came and help her.

“Are you okay? Let me help you” the guy helped her to stand up and picked up the documents. He handed it back to her. “Do you want me to help you with documents? It seems heavy” he offered a help. His eyes darted towards Tae Rin’s thigh. Jongin realised he was looking at her thigh. Where are you looking at ert! Jongin gritted his teeth as he hold in his anger.

“No thank you, I can manage it myself. Thank you for your help” Tae Rin bowed and left. The guy was still looking at her thigh before he turned and realised Jongin was there. He quickly bowed at Jongin and walked away. Jongin watched the guy as he left before he followed Tae Rin.

“Sajang-nim, where are you going?” Seokjin asked as he followed Jongin from behind. “I thought you said you are going to…” “Cancel it” Jongin cut Seokjin before he can finish his word. “Also, you can leave”

“Eh?” Seokjin stopped in track, a bit confused. “O…okay” He didn’t know where Jongin’s going but he just shrugged it off. He bowed before he walked away.

Tae Rin entered the document room and searched for the right drawer to keep the documents that she brought. While she was looking for it, she heard someone entering the room. She just ignored it and continued searching. When she found the right drawer, she opened it and placed the documents in it. She then closed the drawer and turned around to be greeted by Jongin who was standing behind her. She didn’t know when Jongin was standing there. She looked around to see if there’s other people in the room.

“What are you doing here? You should go before people can see us” Tae Rin said. Jongin suddenly ed his blazer, making Tae Rin perplexed. “Kim…Kim Jongin, what are you trying to do?” Jongin didn’t say anything and took off his blazer. He then moved closer to Tae Rin without saying anything. “Jongin-shi, we’re in the company” Tae Rin walked backwards as Jongin kept on moving towards her until her back reached the drawer behind her. She closed her eyes when his hands extended forward and slide behind waist. It took a few seconds bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter