Chapter 11

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae Rin blinked her eyes open. She saw white walls around her and bemused. “Where am i?” she sat up and looked around the room. Her eyes landed on Jongin who was sleeping on the sofa, hugging his body. She then realised that there’s a needle inserted into the back of her hand which attached to an IV pump. “What’s happening? Why am I here?” she couldn’t recall clearly what happened and how did she end up on the hospital bed. She only remembered she went to the lake to find her brother, only to realise then that she was hallucinating. Oh yeh, Jongin was there as well. Did I pass out last night?

Tae Rin slowly got up from the bed and brought the blanket towards Jongin who was still sleeping soundly. He must be so tired and cold. She covered his body with the blanket and quietly made her way out of the room. She felt a bit stuffy inside the building so she decided to go to the small garden in the hospital. She sat on one of the wooden bench and stared at the garden. She really admired the weather today. It was really cold but since she wore her coat that she found in the cupboard in the room, so she didn’t get too cold.

She was pondering about what had happen yesterday. She didn’t know why she saw Tae Hyung as if he was there. Is it one of my memories or am i…going crazy? I’m sure I’m still sane but my action yesterday seems like I’m starting to become an insane person. Jongin, he must think I’m crazy to hallucinate about someone. Tae Rin sighed. Still, my memories seems like an undefined puzzle. Should i…no no, I won’t do that. Tae Rin shook her head at the thought of asking her father about what happened. She didn’t want the same thing happen when she asked him to meet her mother and brother before. She rather find it herself or live ignorantly.

“I’m looking for you. Why are you out in the cold?” Jongin appeared besides Tae Rin. She turned to look at him who looked worried.

“I just want to get some fresh air”

“It’s cold and you’re not that well yet” he took off his coat and wrapped it around her. “Let’s go inside, you don’t want to catch a cold don’t you”

Tae Rin nodded and just let him put his arm around her shoulder. They both then walked towards the entrance door. As they were walking, Tae Rin saw a man holding a bouquet of Canola flowers with a smile on his face. He was walking towards the entrance as well. Suddenly, she felt throbbing pain in her head and some flash of memories started to appear. Her head was too pain that she started to crouch. “Arghh!” she yelped.

“Tae Rin-ah! Oppa is so sorry” Tae Hyung was holding a bouquet of Canola flowers and smiling.

“Arghh!” Tears started to pool in her eyes.

“You should die! You should die you wench!” Tae Rin’s mother shouted at her and started to shake her petite body.

“Stop it!” she tried to shrug those memories by shaking her head. She then heard screeching sound and it rang in her ears so she covered her ears. “Stop it!”

“Hey what’s wrong?” Jongin asked her, worried to see her suddenly holding her head and she started to sweat. He held her shoulders and looked at her face. She looked so uncomfortable and her eyes were shut tightly as if she was trying to shrug something off her head.

“Someone help her!” Jongin called for medical assistant and one of the nurse there ran and help them.

“Miss are you alright?” the nurse asked.

“My head…it hurts like hell” Tae Rin said. “And it’s so noisy here” Tae Rin looked up at Jongin before she fainted in his arms.

“Tae Rin!”

“Bring her to the bed” A doctor came and instructed Jongin to bring Tae Rin to the hospital bed. After Jongin laid her on the bed, the doctor checked her condition. Jongin was so worried that he couldn’t stand still.

“I think she suffered from a severe migraine and her body is a bit weak now. I’ll inform the doctor in charge and our male nurse will help you bring her to her room” Jongin just nodded.

 

After about 30 minutes, Dr Ahn who was in charge of Tae Rin came into the room. “I received a report just now from my colleague. Just as I expected before from the CT scan of her brain, your wife suffered a temporary amnesia. Something must have triggered her memory just now. I assumed that she experienced a trauma that caused her to temporarily lose her memories. Usually patient will remember again their lost memories but it may take some times unless something crucial triggered their memories such as the place where the trauma happen, it can escalate the process of remembering”

Jongin mouth gaped when he heard it from the doctor. He didn’t expect Tae Rin to suffer a temporary amnesia and worse it may be due to her past trauma. What kind of trauma she suffered that her brain refused to remember it? Jongin looked at Tae Rin. I need to find out about it but how? Seokjin said it’s hard to trace her former family members.

“Is there anything I can do to help my wife?” Jongin asked Dr Ahn.

“For now, I think you can only give her emotional support. There’s nothing one can do unless the patient want to remember everything themselves since they’re the one who chose to forget the memories. Maybe you can help her remember by introducing her things that she used to do or like in the past bit by bit. Don’t force her to remember everything at once”

Jongin sat on the chair beside the bed after the doctor left. He understand now what did Mr Song mean by ‘that time’. So he meant about when Tae Rin remember everything that she forgot. Joong Ki and Mrs Song might know about this from the conversation that they had before. They might know about Tae Rin’s mother and brother such as their whereabouts but how can I ask them about it. I’m sure everyone in that family keep their mouths shut about this. Is there any crime or death involve in this? People usually keep their mouths shut when it comes to those two things.

Jongin’s phone rang and he picked it up instantly when he saw Seokjin’s name.

“Did you find anything?” Jongin asked Seokjin.

“Well, my informant only found partial of it but I think it’s enough if you want to start something. First of all, Tae Rin’s mother left to America about the same day Mr Song divorced her. He said that she was admitted to the hospital when she’s in America but he didn’t know where and why. It’s hard to trace oversea information. As for her brother, they still couldn’t find him but from their experience of finding people, he might be a criminal and they thought he committed a big crime such as murder. Usually, a chaebol family will disown their family member that involve in a big crime and force them to change their name and delete the previous info to maintain the family’s honour. So that’s why they can’t trace him. However, it’s just their assumptions so it may not be true. They’re not sure yet” Seokjin said.

“Could it be that her brother is dead?” Jongin asked.

“Might be but I don’t think so. Why would they delete his information if he’s dead already? There’s no point of it”

“That make sense” Jongin said.

“I’ll inform you more if they find something new but you must be careful. If he turned out to be a criminal, he may be dangerous. We don’t know yet so just take care of yourself and Miss Tae Rin”

“Thanks for your advice” Jongin hung up the call and sighed. He actually got a goose bump at the thought of Tae Hyung being a criminal. Tae Rin must be sad if she found out later that her brother is a criminal. Anyway it’s just an assumption, so I better not give her any hint until I’m sure about it. It can be that she’s having a trauma because of her brother but why would she’s searching for him yesterday then? It doesn’t sounds like they have a bad relationship before.

 

“Tae Rin-ah” A male voice called Tae Rin. Slowly, Tae Rin blinked her eyes open. It was dark and nothing around her. She was lying on the dark ground. “Tae Rin-ah…” Same male voice appeared again. Tae Rin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter