Chapter 1

Fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           

The sound of heels clacking echoes in the hall of the mansion as Tae Rin made her way towards the main door. She was supposed to meet her future husband today. Their family are having a dinner at the five star hotel in Cheongdam-dong. It is an arranged marriage for the sake of business. She at least expect that to happen. Dating is useless if you were born in chaebol family. You will end up marrying someone that your family already arranged for you. Tae Rin walked towards the car where her chauffer already waiting while holding the back door open. He bowed as he saw Tae Rin.

“Chairman and madam already there Miss Tae Rin” the chauffer said. Tae Rin just nodded and entered the car.

After 30 minute drive they reached the hotel. Tae Rin stepped out of the car and walked towards the main door. She saw Kim Jongin, his future husband just arrived and gave his car key to the valet. Their eyes met for a couple seconds before Tae Rin looked away and continued walking towards the hotel’s restaurant. Kim Jongin just smirked and followed from behind. Tae Rin didn’t give a damn about this family dinner. She just want to end this quickly since she felt quite tired because of work. She didn’t understand why would they arranged this dinner when they can meet later during their wedding. Her parents can just arrange the wedding and all she have to do is just attend the wedding, make the vow and sign the marriage paper. It’s not like they’re going to hear her opinion anyway so why wasting time with this dinner. She heaved a sigh.

“You should not frown like that or our parents might think that you are against this marriage” Jongin suddenly whispered through her right ear making her startle. She turned around and Jongin was behind her, smirking. The waitress opened the door and they saw their parents already waiting inside the private room. It is the room that the business people or conglomerates usually use.

“Ahh…did you two come together?” Jongin’s mom, Mrs Kim beamed a smile after seeing the two coming together. Both of them bowed and entered the room. They sit across each other. “No we came separately but we just happened to meet at the entrance door” Tae Rin replied politely.

“I thought Jongin pick you up since both of you are working in the same place” Mrs Kim said.

“About that,” Jongin suddenly speak up “Can we make it secret from the company. I don’t want people gossiping about us in the company. It can be a bit uncomfortable for both of us” Jongin shot a look at Tae Rin, hoping her to get the message to support him.

“Well,” Tae Rin’s stepmom, Mrs. Song looked at her “What say you my dear” she smiled.

Tae Rin cringed at the word ‘my dear’. She knew it was just a façade. That smile is fake. “I...honestly agree with it” Tae Rin does not like to be the centre of attraction. Kim Jongin is known for its playboy behaviour and 99% of the female workers in the company dream of having him in their bed. She does not want some crazy fans chasing her.

“That is not a problem to us but we can’t assure that the secret will not leak out. However, the shareholders and other important business people must be aware of this marriage. We want them to know that the Kim Corporation and Song Jewelleries are allies. Right Mr Song.” They all laughed except her and Jongin. They just continued eat silently throughout the dinner. Only the elders speaking, happy with this company merging.

Jongin peeked a look at Tae Rin sometimes. She just eat her food silently. He wondered why she would agree to this marriage in the first place. It seems to him that she didn’t argue a bit. Is she a puppet? Or is she just an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter