Blooming

Blurry Images

 

 

 

"I need both of you to be at Busan by tomorrow for the press conference," Mr. Im directed the two workers infront of him. Both Seyong and Soeun looked at each other as if there's something they want to tell but then they know they shouldn't.

"I got it, Mr. Im," Seyong agreed with his order.

While Soeun, "But uncle, I have something to do tomorrow," She gave an excuse when obviously she just didn't want to be alone with Seyong because she could feel there's something bad waiting for her later.

Mr. Im's expression turned to a furious one, "Whether you like it or not, you need to be there. Because I need you there," Mr. Im sterned with his words.

Soeun couldn't do anything when her uncle already said those words. She needs to accept it with an open heart, "Okay, uncle," She bowed a little bit to him before leaving the room along with Seyong by her side.

 


 

"Are you okay?" Seyong asked as he the car's engine, "You could just go home, if you want. I'll go there alone," Seyong stopped talking when he realized the stare given by Soeun to him.

Soeun pouted, "Don't you hear what my uncle asked me to give him? He needs a proof picture of both of us in the press conference room," She whined. She couldn't believe that her uncle will act till that extend.

"You're right," Seyong lost his words.

Their journey to be there filled with awkwardness and silent moment. Seyong had no idea why they weren't talking to each other like they usually did. Well, to be honest, it wasn't really awkward between them, just, it hasn't been a long time since they know each other so maybe they need time to  be comfortable around each other. But, a simple conversation won't hurt though.

"So," Seyong initiated the conversation, "Is it okay to you for me to call you, Soeun?" He asked.

Soeun didn't know why but her heart skip a little bit when Seyong called out for her name. God, don't tell her that she's in love at the moment, "Yes," She stuttered, "But what should I call you? Since you're older than me,"

Seyong chuckled, "Anything you want. But I would say, 'oppa' is too cheesy for me," He claimed and Soeun just nodded her head in agree, "Just call me Seyong if you want. It might look rude to you but I'm fine with it," He winked towards the girl.

"Okay," She blushed upon the sudden wink, "Seyong will do," Soeun agreed to it right away but then immediately swifted her eyes to the scenery outside the car to hide her blush cheeks.

After 2 hours and 30 minutes in the journey, suddenly Seyong could feel that the car was slowly stop from moving, "What the hell is wrong with this car?" Seyong felt anxious as he tried to control on the car but he couldn't. Without he realized, the car was already stop itself.

"What happen?" Soeun asked when she realized Seyong stopped the car at the last lane on the road.

Seyong looked at Soeun and sighed, "I think the car break down," He said.

"What?" Her big eyes widened to a maximum size, "Then what should we do? It's already night, it's almost impossible for us to ask for anyone help," She complained and looked at the empty road.

Seyong stayed quiet for a while, "I think I saw a hotel 100 metres away from here. I could call a technician but they could probably be here by morning, and since our conference will be at noon so I think we would have enough time to reach there,"

"So," She gulped, "You want us to stay at hotel tonight?" Seyong nodded his head to her question, "Okay, then," She agreed with it. Both of them walked towards the hotel and from afar they could see a neon sign showing, 'Hotel D'Amour', "What a great hotel," Soeun said with sarcastic tone as the hotel looks like it's already old. Probably it has been more than 10 years since it's here.

Seyong shrugged and passed a slight smile to her, "We don't have any other choice, right?" He said and both of them unwillingly put a step in into the hotel.

They asked if there's any empty room for them to use but then the receptionist said, so far there's only one room left. Since, they came on holiday season, most of the rooms were already booked by people who decided to have a break in Busan. But since they have no any other choices, Seyong agreed with it without Soeun's consent.

 


 

"Do we really need to share a room, seriously?" Soeun couldn't believe Seyong book the room without discussing the things with her first.

Seyong has an obvious guilty's expression plastered on his face, "Sorry," He muttered, "I know you won't agree with it. That's why," He could understand Soeun. Seriously, who the hell wants to spend her time with a guy she barely knows in the same room?

She scoffed, "Nevermind, it's already happen anyway," She rolled her eyes, "So, where's the room?" Soeun asked.

Both of them entered the room with a careful step. They couldn't deny that the room is so nice except the fact that it has a huge queen size bed and nothing else. Oh, of course it has a sofa in the room, "I'll sleep on the sofa," Seyong kindly offered himself to have a body ache tonight.

"Then, do you expect for me to sleep on sofa?" Soeun had no idea why she's acting so childish around Seyong. She swear to God, she never act this way before. She was usually calm and good in handling problems, but with Seyong she just wanted to rely on him more and acted like she didn't know nothing.

Seyong laughed, "Okay, don't be mad Soeun," He felt entertain by Soeun's behaviour. She looked so cute when she's mad. He thought.

Soeun rolled her eyes, "I'm going to take a bath first," She said and grabbed the towel in the cupboard before entered the toilet.

Seyong waited for the girl in nervous. He couldn't expect that he would spend the night with the girl, just two of them, and no one else. But then, he reminded of something, if Soeun is really Taeyong's girlfriend, she could still have some pictures or memories left, maybe. 

So, Seyong decided to take her phone and took a sit on the sofa. Well, how reckless she is that she didn't set any password for her phone. He opened the gallery but he could see none of Taeyong's picture and it's full with her pictures. Seyong unconcsiously scrolled her gallery and smiled upon seeing her photo.

Suddenly, Soeun startled him, "What are you doing?" Seyong automatically hide the phone he held before behind him and passed an awkward smile to the girl, "What are you hiding?" Soeun frowned when she found something is suspicious on Seyong.

She walked towards Seyong with her wet hair, step by step until she finally stand infront of Seyong. The man gulped. She looks so beautiful. He thought.

Soeun slowly leaned herself towards Seyong and put her hand behind him to get what he's hiding. He knows that Seyong took her phone, just she didn't want to say it. Seyong avoided and kept moving around so it's hard for Soeun to get the phone.

When she's struggling to get her phone back, her legs twisted and make she fell right onto Seyong. Her lips accidentally landed on Seyong's lips causing both of their eyes widened.

Soeun quickly get herself up and fixed herself, "I'm going to sleep," She said and jumped into the bed, buried her face on the pillow and wrapped herself in the blanket.

Seyong still couldn't gather himself yet, that he put his fingers on the lips as the kiss felt too surreal for him, "What the hell is wrong with my heart," He muttered under one's breath.