Exposing

Blurry Images

 

 

 

Soeun was walking, heading to the cafe near her office. Gwangsuk told her that he has something to say to her and that's why she agreed to meet him. Because somehow Soeun felt there's no need for her to see him anyway.

As soon as she entered the cahe, she could see Gwangsuk was already there waiting for her. She smiled to the man and he did the same, "Did you wait for a long time?" Soeun asked as she took a sit infront of Gwangsuk.

Gwangsuk shook his head, "No, I'm not," He claimed when he has been waiting for 30 minutes, "I ordered you Caramel Macchiato. It's your favourite right?"

Soeun chuckled, "Yes, it is," She took a sip of the drink, "You sure know a lot about me," She tried to joke around but she knows Gwangsuk won't see it as a joke.

"I guess," He shrugged and drink his hot chocolate instead.

The girl could sense something was off and it shouldn't continue like this, "So, why do you want to see me?" She asked the question in straight forward way.

Gwanguk stayed quiet. He wasn't sure whether he should tell her the truth on Seyong or not. Because if he ever did, that's mean he will betray his own bestfriend, Seyong but if he didn't, Soeun will get hurt at the end of the story later.

It has been 5 minutes and there's still no words coming out from the man's lips. He was still contemplating on his decision to be here is a right one or obviously a wrong one.

"Hey," Soeun tried to get Gwangsuk's attention when she realized he has been blanking himself for a long time.

Gwangsuk startled, "Yeah," He looked at the girl with his round eyes, "Nothing, just," He tried to find a good word to use but failed, "I think I want to see you," He cancelled his plan on telling the truth to Soeun.

No matter how much he wanted to tell the girl, he just can't. Because he still treasure his friendship with Seyong. He still needs Seyong's permission if he ever wanted to tell Soeun about it when obviously he knows Seyong wouldn't allow him to do that.

"You're funny, you know that?" Soeun raised both of her eyebrows as she said that, "So I came here for nothing?" There is a sudden regret rised in herself that she made the decision to come here today.

Gwangsuk felt guilty about it. He shouldn't call Soeun to come here if he was about to give up on telling the girl truth. He silently sighed, "I promised I will tell you later about it," He said.

Soeun shrugged, "If you said so," Well, to be honest she didn't expect much from Gwangsuk like she always did.

Eventhough she couldn't deny that Gwangsuk is a nice guy but then there's something about Gwangsuk that she didn't like. That would be, Gwangsuk will always stop halfway in telling things. So that's why she felt like there's too many things Gwangsuk has been hiding from her.

"Sorry," He muttered alone; probably couldn't be heard by the girl.

 


 

"So I heard that you went to meet Soeun?" Seyong gulped to the soju infront of him.

Gwangsuk startled by the sudden attack from Seyong, "How did you know about that?" He stuttered.

Seyong scoffed, "What are you planning to tell her?" There's a sudden change in the tone he used to speak.  No answer coming from his friend made he lose his patience, "Are you planning to tell her about my brother?"

Gwangsuk still stayed quiet and said nothing. 

"I bet I was right about that," Seyong slowly nodded his head.

Gwangsuk lowered his head and muttered something under his breath but luckily could be catch by Seyong.

Seyong chuckled, "Chill, okay?" He started to loosen his tight face, "I'm not going to scold you," He claimed, "I know you're just trying to help me,"

Gwangsuk frowned to the words, "Wait, what?" He couldn't believe that Seyong was totally cool about it. It's hella weird, looking at how Seyong reacted to his action, "You weren't mad at me?" He asked innocently.

"Because I will tell her by myself," He confessed, "If she was about to know about this, it will be from me and no one else,"