Confronting

Blurry Images

 

 

 

"Seyong, I need you to be honest with me," Soeun has been contemplating on telling this thing to Seyong for the whole week. But she thought if she kept postponing her plan, it would completely ruin their relationship.

Seyong nodded his head, "What's wrong with you? You've been so weird lately," He put his hand on the girl's hand but Soeun quickly pulled it away. Seyong couldn't deny that he has this uneasy feelings ever since Soeun met him at the lift few days ago.

She didn't talk much to him. She always avoid him when she could. Though, Soeun still treat him as a boyfriend but there's something missing about her. It's just that Seyong's feelings told him that.

"This," She showed a picture to Seyong, "It's your brother isn't it?" Seyong took a look at the picture and he startled to see Taeyong in it.

"Where," He stuttered, "Where did you get that picture?" Seyong asked but there's an obvious nervous expression plastered on his face as if he did something wrong.

Soeun sighed, "So tell me," She paused; hesitating for a while, "Do you approach me because you want to know the truth behind why he killed himself?" 

Seyong stunned by the question. Seriously, where the hell she knows all of these things, "Did Gwangsuk tell you anything?"

The girl gave up, "Are you still going to point your own fault towards someone else? Do you realize that you has been lying to me all these times? Seriously, Seyong? Till when are you planning to lie to me? Am I really nothing to you?" She finally vent out all the anger she kept in her for few days.

"I plan to tell you about this later," He muttered.

"But when, Seyong? Just when?" There's tears formed in Seoun's eyes, "So you do admit that you approach me because of Taeyong right and not because of you like me? Are you planning to take a revenge on me?" Soeun couldn't believe she said those words out loud. She thought she has no courage to ask that question but here she is, asking the most painful question to the guy whom she really loves as of now.

Seyong startled, "No, it wasn't like that. I couldn't deny that I approach you because of Taeyong," He lost words, "But," 

"That's it. That's the only things matter," She smiled, "I thought you're real about your feelings but I think I was hoping too much, right?" Soeun picked up her things, "Just, let's break up,"

The man managed to stop the girl from moving, "But I truly love you, Im Soeun," He confessed, "I mean yes, I approach you because I want to know the truth behind Taeyong's death but I couldn't help myself when I kept falling for you. Ever since the first time we met,"

Soeun knows she's going to  be weak if she stayed here any longer. So she decided to just close her ears and pretend like she didn't hear nothing from her. She couldn't even afford to tell the man the truth since it's only going to hurt him if he knows the truth behind her relationship with his brother.

 


 

"Did you tell Soeun anything about Taeyong?" Gwangsuk shook his head upon the question, "But then how did she knows about him?" Seyong was already lost himself 5 hours ago after he ruined his date with Soeun because of the silly things he has been hiding from her.

Gwangsuk sighed, "She overheard about it at your house," He explained, "But seriously, Seyong, are you okay?" He was worried over his friend's condition. He never seen Seyong in this kind of condition. The last time would be when Taeyong died 6 months ago.

"Wow, I never thought my first relationship would end up this way," He scoffed and took a sip off the small glass contained Soju infront of him.

His friend looked hesitated about telling him something. He promised himself to never tell Seyong about it but he just couldn't when he already saw Seyong's worst state. To be honest, he was afraid that Seyong might took his own life away just like his brother did.

"Actually," He stopped for a little while and tried to find the right words to start the story, "Soeun knows nothing about your brother. She asked me who Taeyong is and also told me everything from A to Z,"

"How can she didn't know anything about my brother if she's dating him?"

Gwangsuk shook his head, "No, your brother never date her. Not even once," He sighed, "Seyong, you know that your brother has mental problem right?" Gwangsuk asked in polite manner since he didn't want to hurt his friend's heart.

Seyong slowly nodded his head. It started since he was born anyway. Taeyong has always been special to his family. Since he is sick, he needs extra attention from them. But that doesn't make Seyong's love for his brother being lesser because of that. He truly loves him and treasure him so much.

"He was hallucinating," Gwangsuk claimed, "Soeun said she knows Taeyong but not personally. Taeyong has been sending her a letter almost everyday along with some gifts. At first, Soeun just want to ignore it and assume that it's just a prank by someone she knows. But by time it's getting worser when he kept waiting for her, infront of her house. Taeyong claimed that he just wants to befriend with the girl. And you know Soeun right? She's friendly and all, so how can she rejected him when he said he wants to be her friend?" He paused and drink the soju infront of him before continue with his talk, "But then Taeyong slowly getting possessive. She won't let Soeun talk to other guy. He would follow her wherever she go. And will even involve in a fight with the people around Soeun,"

Okay, that would explain why Taeyong always got bruise all over his body.

"So, Soeun decided to leave. Because she was afraid that the boy might hurt her later. She moved from her old house and lost contact with Taeyong," Finally, he has done explaining all of the things to Seyong.

Seyong smiled, "So that's the real reason, huh?" He was already drunk but he still could process those words in his mind, "So the person I love end up leaving me at the end?" He complained.

Gwangsuk felt even more guilty to say this to his friend, "I'm sorry to tell you this but she's already on her way to Los Angeles few minutes ago,"

His eyes widened, "Wait, why?" He couldn't believe with what he just heard, "Are you serious? Do you mean I'm going to lost her just like that? I mean, she's going to leave me just like that?" It's beyond his expectation that Soeun would eventually leave him.

"Don't worry. She will come back later," Gwangsuk tried to assure Seyong with his words, "When she's feeling better,"

At the end, there's still no happy ending for him right? Seyong let out a silent sigh.