Startling

Blurry Images

 

 

 

At the very next day, Seyong's life went like usual. He needs to go to work since he felt like he took a long break from his work and it might affect his performance in the company. He used to be the best worker in the company; well obviously he is the best among the best even now.

Seyong put on a white shirt and a black tie to complete his look. Then, he grabbed his suitcase before went down the stairs and headed towards the kitchen to grab a breakfast with his mum and... Oh yes, Taeyong isn't around anymore. He sighed at the upon of that thought.

"Hey, good morning," Seyong planted a kiss on his mum's cheeks as his mum put the breakfast dish on the table. Today, she cooked omelet rice and it's Taeyong's favourite food. She must be really missing him a lot.

After the breakfast that full with quietness, Seyong excused himself to go to work. He's too lazy to drive his car today so he decided to take subway instead. Since the subway station wasn't too far from his house either. On his way there, to be honest, he couldn't stop thinking about someone and that someone would be, Im Soeun. The mysterious girl who broke his brother's heart till he decided to take his life away.

He knows he wasn't supposed to have any weird thoughts on the girl and focused on his mission; he needs to focus on his real intention which is to find the real reason why his brother killed himself and also probably get a revenge on his brother's behalf if it's really true that Soeun did to his brother.

 


 

"Hey brother, long time no see. Enjoy your holiday?" Seyong passed a glare to the owner of the voice. It's his biggest enemy, Euijin. He didn't know but he just feel like he couldn't click well with him, "Woah, don't look at me like that. You told me that you're going for a holiday, remember?"

And only then Seyong remembered that he didn't tell anyone about his brother. Probably he felt like there's no use to do that. Maybe. Just people couldn't care less about that; and they have way more things to think about and Seyong didn't want them to bother about his problem.

"Attention guys," All of the attention went towards the CEO of the company who was standing infront of his room and have his eyes wandering around the whole section. That moment his eyes laid on Seyong, he smiled, "Seyong it's good to see you back," Seyong just simply bowed to his boss. He couldn't lie to his boss if he was about to take a leave, so probably the only one who knows about his brother here would be his boss, "Oh, yes, I almost forget the reason why I'm here. Im Soeun, come in,"

A girl came out from the behind of the wall startled Seyong. It's that girl. The same girl from yesterday.

"Introduce you to my niece, Im Soeun,"

The statement came out from his boss' mouth caught him off guard. It's almost impossible that the girl he met yesterday is his CEO's niece; though the CEO owned Im as his surname; Im Jaebum.

Everyone in the office greeted Soeun with warmthness and Seoun could just smile to all of them; probably playing along with the skit. 

"I'm looking forward to work with all of you," She said and gave a little bow of gratitude, "Just comfortably call me Soeun and don't feel burden just because I'm someone's family," She claimed but everyone knows they need to be nice around her or else it would become a problem to them.

"So, Soeun, you'll be working here as Marketing Director and most of your work you will probably need Seyong as your assistant," Mr. Im pointed out his finger to the man who was standing quite far from them as Seyong got his own space in the floor as the Marketing Manager.

Soeun swifted her eyes to Seyong and her eyes widened as soon as she noticed the one who has been pointed out by her uncle, "It's," She stuttered.

"Why?" Mr. Im frowned to see the weird expression plastered on his niece's face.

Soeun quickly shook her head, "Nothing," She said and brought her head down looking at the ground, "Why is he here?" She muttered alone.

"Let's go Soeun," He paused, "I will show you the room," He said before excused himself and asked everyone to proceed with everything they did just now.

The situation went like before where everyone is busy with their own works and life. But there's still one problem left around Seyong.

"You know that girl?" Euijin asked as he could feel that the air was different between the two of them

Seyong rolled his eyes and passed a glare to Euijin, "It's none of your business," He scoffed then took a sit on his comfy chair before focusing on the screen computer.

Euijin passed an annoying look to Seyong before went to his place to continue his work.

It's good if he could mind his own business rather than taking care of someone else's business. Sigh. Pathetic loser. Seyong thought.

"But just why she's here?" He sighed as he put his head on the table; totally giving up with what God trying to show him.