Collaborating

Blurry Images

 

 

 

"Hi," Soeun awkwardly greeted the guy who sits infront of her.

Seyong simply bowed a little bit to her as a sign of gratitude. However it is, Soeun has higher position than him. So he needs to respect her thought she's younger than him.

"So you really know her, don't you?" Another guy in the meeting room interrupted their conversation. 

Seyong rolled his eyes. He had no idea why the guy is here when he's in different department from him. Like he got no relation in this project. Probably he's here after hearing the news on the new girl going to handle the project.

Oh yes, Euijin could never resist a newcomer.

"Just shut up if you want to stay here," Seyong said and looked at the blank paper infront of him, "So," He lifted his head up, "What are you planning to do?" He asked the question to Soeun.

Soeun smiled upon the question. Well, she's glad somehow that he's someone she knows; although she didn't know anything about him other than his name but at least she wouldn't be too 'awkward' around him, right?

"Wow, Seyong. You acted different infront of her. Just be yourself dude," Euijin nudged the boy using his arms as Seyong was acting weird at the moment.

Seyong passed a death glare to Euijin who sits beside her. He is a real nuisance guy. Soeun, also, starting to get annoyed with his existence there.

Look, hey, they're trying to work out on something now. Both of them need to brainstorming for new ideas so that the project would be a success one. But how can they do that when there's a snake in the room? Sighed.

A knock on the meeting's door room startled the three of them. All of their attention turned to the one who knock the door, "Euijin, come into my room," They could hear the tense in the man's words.

Seyong let out a sheepish smile as he knows what's going to be next. Well, Euijin should never challenge Seyong's patience. Afterall, he's everyone's favourite workers. Euijin scoffed but then followed the man from behind.

"Sorry for that," Seyong said when Euijin left the room.

Soeun shrugged, "It's okay," She paused and looked at the transparent glass door, "He's originally annoying?" She asked.

Seyong chuckled to her question, "Well, he's born to be annoying, I guess?" Seyong's answer managed to bring a little bit laugh from Soeun. Seyong couldn't help himself but smile when he saw it, "So, how are you?" He asked the girl.

Soeun frowned upon the question, "What do you mean by that? I'm fine, I guess?"

"Looking at your condition yesterday after gulping 3 small cups of soju, I don't know whether,"

Soeun cut his words, "Okay, till that word only. I'm okay. Totally fine," She claimed.

"Glad to hear that," Seyong said and smiled, "So should we start with our discussion?" He opened the file infront of him and Soeun slightly nodded her head.

 


 

"Are you free tonight?" Soeun asked Seyong who was still sitting infront of his computer. He had his eyes locked on the screen but there's nothing on it. It's just a blank black screen.

Seyong slowly turned his head to the left side and could see a girl was standing beside him. He frowned, "Why?" 

"Uh," She stuttered, "Do you mind to join me for dinner?" She paused; as she was hesitating for a while, "It's okay if you don't want to," She changed her mind in instant and was about to leave the boy behind before something stopped her.

She looked at her hand, "Let's have our dinner together," Seyong said, startled the girl. Seyong really took her invitation as a serious matter; though she's really serious somehow.

There's something about Seyong disturbed her.

 


 

"I know it may sounds weird to you," Seyong bit his lower lips as he said that, "Can I possibly know you more? I mean, I want to get closer to you."

"But why?" Soeun raised both of her eyebrows.

Seyong smacked his lips, "Just," He paused; trying to find a right word, "Since we work together. We need to know each other if we're going to work together, right?" He claimed.

Soeun chuckled to his answer, "I see," She slowly nodded her head, "Okay, then," She agreed.

"So," Seyong wasn't sure on what he should say to start the conversation.

Soeun smiled; fluttering Seyong's heart a little bit, "Tell me about your family,"

He gulped, "My family?" He let out a sligh smile as he scratched the back of his neck, "Well, I'm the only son in my family. My father died when I was young. I don't have much things to tell you," He claimed.

She kept quiet for a while, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it," She felt bad that she asked him about his family. But Seyong slowly shook his head as he was assuring her, it's okay to ask that question, "My family," She paused, "I'm the only daughter in my family too. So it makes us equal, I guess?" She hesitated for a while before continued her words, "But both of my parents still alive. Just you know, businessman, so they don't have much time to spend with me. Bet, it's just the same as I didn't have family," She let out a bitter-sweet smile.

"Everyone has their own problems right?" Seyong claimed and Soeun just nodded her head, "Do you perhaps have boyfriend?" His question startled the girl.

Soeun widened her eyes upon the question asked by the boy, "Boy--," He stuttered, "Boyfriend?" She quickly shook her head, "I could say that I never date someone before,"

Seyong frowned his eyebrows when she said that, "Never date anyone?" Then, what's Taeyong to her, "Are you sure? I mean, you're pretty. It's almost impossible that there's no one approached you, though,"

She laughed, "Pretty? Me?" She pointed her fingers to herself, "You gotta be kidding me," She said but she could feel that her body is burning up at the moment and the butterflies in her stomach started to flap their wings. Why must he said those words with such a pair of sincere big round eyes?

"Yeah," Seyong smiled. Well, he could never lie about that one fact. Soeun is a really pretty girl. She has a beautiful smile; so he was wondering why she didn't smile and laugh a lot when she looks pretty with her smile.

"I could say," Her eyes wandered around, "There's a guy that like me," She paused, "Uh, nevermind," She refused to continue her words.

Seyong knows that she's going to talk about Taeyong. But why she's hesitating? Is there anything happened between them that he didn't know? God, don't make things harder for him. He already make up his mind that he's going to get close with Soeun then break her heart when the girl started to fall for him.

Though, he didn't know whether the girl will like her or not. But, who knows, that miracle might happen.

"It's okay, if you don't want to tell me," Seyong assured the girl with his words. Although he felt like forcing the girl to say the words out loud. He wanted to know the truth though it will hurt him.

She let out a slight smile, "I will tell you when the time has come. Since we're still in the process of get knowing each other so I think it's too early to share my personal problem with you," She claimed, "I hope you could understand that," Soeun took a sip of the soda infront of her. She decided to drink soda instead of beer as she was afraid that she might show her drunk side again to the boy. It's too early for him to know all about her.

"I could understand that," Seyong said.

 


 

Seyong was laying on his bed when his phone ring. He picked up the phone without looking at the caller name, "Hello?" 

"Yah, Kim Seyong," The voice on the other side startled him.

He rolled his eyes, "Gwangsuk, I know you miss me but there's no need to shout. Seriously," Seyong claimed.

"Sorry. Are you free tomorrow?"

Seyong sighed, "Dude, I'm working okay?"

"Oh, really?"

"I think I could make time for you for lunch maybe?" He suggested.

"Lunch? Okay, see you tomorrow!"

"Yeah," He hang up the call.

He sighed, "Gwangsuk," Seyong let out another sigh.