Inebriating

Blurry Images

 

 

 

"Hey, you," There's an obvious red blush on Soeun's cheeks as she's really drunk at the moment after gulping 3 small cups of Soju.

Seyong frowned. It has only been few cups and she's already drunk? Then why would she even bother to ask him to join her for a drink? When she totally knows, he was nothing but a stranger to her. He sighed.

"We should go home," Seyong told to the drunk girl infront of her and she just smiled to him.

The boy helped her to get up from the seat and lead her to the cashier, to proceed with the payment. She's the one who was supposed to pay for it but why Seyong needs to take out his credit card?

After Seyong was done with the payment, he walked with his arms around the girl's shoulders to give her support that she needs so she won't fall. He grabbed a taxi for the girl to ride and then, he passed the address he wrote on the tiny paper before to the taxi driver.

"Please take her home safely," Seyong said and closed the taxi's back door before taking out his phone to take a picture of the license plate's number; at the very least the taxi driver wouldn't do anything stupid to a drunk girl.

After that silly incident happened, Seyong decided to end his day for today. He should go home by now. It has been thousand of times since his mum called his cellphone.

He took a bus to go home instead of grabbing a taxi just like he did for the girl. He thought it would be better if he just take a bus and it's kind of lucky that he still managed to catch the last bus for today.

It took 15 minutes to reach his home. As soon as he arrived his home, he entered his house quietly so that he won't bother his mother who was probably asleep at that moment.

"Oh, you're home," He startled when suddenly the house light up. Seyong looked at his mother's sleepy face.

"I'm sorry for waking you up," Seyong said and went to his mother before hugged her, "You may go to sleep now," He told her and lead her to the bedroom.

And only then, Seyong brought himself to his room and slammed his body onto the bed. He sighed. It's a long day indeed. As he tried to close his eyes, his mind reminds him of the things the girl told him when they're out for a drink before.

"Can I know your name?"

"My name? For?"

"Well, my name is Im Soeun and you?"

"Seyong,"

"Seyong? That's a nice name and looks cute like the owner of the name,"

"You're drunk, Soeun,"

"Eh? You know my name?"

Seyong startled by the sudden question, "You told me before, right?"

"Oh, do I?"

"..."

"By the way, you look like someone I know,"

"..."

"Well, I don't know what happen to him now but he's a really nice guy, at least,"

"Who's that guy?"

Soeun shrugged.

"You don't know him?"

Soeun shrugged, again, "Sorry, I always talked things in my mind often. Just forget about what I said just now,"

And that's how the conversation about the anonymous guy ended. Seyong was pretty sure he's talking about Taeyong but why she looked like she wasn't affected by the things happened?

 


 

Soeun reached home after she spent 30 minutes in the taxi. She was already sober when she reached home. She had no idea why she invited a stranger to go for a drink with her. Maybe she felt really stressed today that she decided to invite anyone in her vision, and he's in her vision at that moment.

"He really looks familiar," Soeun muttered alone as she laid on her bed.

Her mind suddenly wandered to something happened to her few months ago,

"It won't be the same guy, right?"

She quietly shook her head, "No, no way. He would never appear again. That's ridiculous,"

"I clearly told him that I want him to stop bothering me and there's nothing going on between them anymore," She was sure that she told him that.

Soeun tried to make herself sound confidence with her own words.

"But what if he really comes back?"