Surprising

Blurry Images

 

 

 

"Where is him?" Gwangsuk looked anxious as he took a look at his screen phone. It has been 10 minutes since he's waiting for him.

Soeun frowned, "Sunbae, are we waiting for someone?" She asked when she noticed that Gwangsuk kept looking outside as if he's searching for someone.

Gwangsuk swifted his look to the girl infront of her and passed a smile, "I think so," He said.

As soon as Gwangsuk was done with his words, someone greeted him, "Gwangsuk," A man was calling out for his name. 

He turned around and could see a man was standing beside the table, "Seyong," Gwangsuk said and Soeun automatically looked at the owner of the voice calling for Gwangsuk.

"Seyong?" Soeun smiled when she saw him, "You know Gwangsuk sunbae?" She asked and Seyong looked like he was shocked to see the girl here.

"Soeun?" His eyes widened, "What are you doing here?" He looked at Gwangsuk and Soeun back and forth.

"Take a sit first, Seyong," Gwangsuk offered the sit beside him. Seyong took the seat and had his eyes locked on Soeun, "Do you know each other?" He asked.

Seyong shrugged to the question, "He's working for my uncle," Soeun claimed, "And we have met each other for few times before that," She said.

Gwangsuk gave a glare to Seyong who sits beside him, "Oh, really?" He tried to maintain his smily face so that Soeun wouldn't have any weird thoughts on him, "That's great," He muttered under his breath.

Soeun smiled to both of them, "Should we eat now? Cause I'm kind of hungry," She pouted and was rubbing her stomach using her right hand.

The three of them ordered the same menu but different drinks. They thought that they would get the food a little bit faster if they ordered the same food. Since they still need to go back to office after this; except for Gwangsuk.

"Oh, sunbae, what are you doing now?" Soeun initiated the conversation.

Gwangsuk hummed for a while, "Kind of freelancer?" He answered and Soeun raised both of her eyebrows, "Oh, I'm a dancer," He told the girl and she just simply nodded her head.

"How did you know sunbae?" This time, her attention went to Seyong who sits beside Gwangsuk.

Seyong gulped, "Hm," He was hesitating for a while, "He's my schoolmates," He confessed.

"Really?" Soeun's tone raise by one note, "Then that's mean you're my sunbae as well?"

Seyong scratched the back of his neck as he let out a sheepish smile, "I guess so?" He felt awkward by the word 'sunbae'.

To be honest, Seyong and Gwangsuk was both quite popular in school back then. If Gwangsuk got 10 boxes of chocolates, Seyong would get 20 boxes of it. Seyong is way more popular than Gwangsuk. So he was used to people calling him, 'Sunbae' or even 'Oppa' but to hear it from Soeun, it's somehow fluttering.

"Do I really like her?" He mumbled as he grabbed his chest, attracting the attention from both Gwangsuk and Soeun.

"Are you okay?" Gwangsuk put his hand on Seyong's shoulders when he realized that his friend was spacing out.

Seyong startled by the small gestures, "Yeah?" He stuttered but then slowly nodded his head.

Seyong couldn't understand his own feelings at the moment. He knows that the girl infront of him right now is the reason why his brother killed himself but why... Just why he started to have some odd feelings towards the girl? It's really a new feelings to him... Like having your heart thumping so hard because of a smile and having the butterflies in your stomach flap their wings because of a laugh... It's weird.

A few minutes of waiting, the food that they ordered finally reached their table. All of them started to dig the food as soon as they grabbed their own chopsticks. Seems like they're really hungry at that moment. The situation becomes quiet for a while before Gwangsuk opened his mouth, "So, Soeun, do you perhaps know," Gwangsuk shouted a little bit when he could feel someone stepped on his small feet. He passed a glare to the guy beside him as moved his lips as if he's asking him, 'what?'.

Seyong shook his head because he knows what Gwangsuk wanted to say, "Is there anything I need to know?" Soeun interrupted them when she could feel that there's something wrong between the two.

"Nothing," Seyong assured the girl and looked at the girl with a smile before he continued eating his food. So does Gwangsuk. He was so going to question Seyong later after they're done with their lunch.

 


 

"Soeun, you could go first. I have something to tell Gwangsuk," Seyong told the girl. Soeun just simply shrugged her shoulders and leave the restaurant in instant. She was late for a meeting with her client though. She thought she could get done with the lunch as soon as possible but seems like she really enjoyed the time she spent with the men. She could feel that she has special chemistry with them; or to be honest with Kim Seyong.

"But he really looks familiar," She mumbled but couldn't care less about it since she needs to go to office as fast as she could.

 


 

"So what's up?" Gwangsuk crossed his arms when he asked the question. Seyong just rolled his eyes, "So you've been lying to her all these time?"

Seyong sighed, "It hasn't even been a month since we know each other. Chill okay?" He complained, "I couldn't just open up to her. She is still a stranger to me," He paused, "Also my brother's killer," He said that in a low tone so Gwangsuk couldn't hear it.

"Seriously, Seyong?" Gwangsuk scoffed, "You met her so I bet you know how is she. Do you think she really kills your brother?" He spoke his opinion out loud since he knows, Soeun would never hurt anyone.

Seyong bit his lower lips and cleared his throat with the sprite infront of him, "Can you stop defending the girl? You know me longer than you know the girl, right? Can't you at least give some support to me? I don't ask much Gwangsuk. Just, please understand why the hell I did all of this," He gave up in pretending that he's fine with it, "Do you think it's easy for me to do all of these? Do you even know how hard it is for me to look at her face because all I could think is my brother everytime I look at her?"

"But that doesn't mean you could lie to her!" Gwangsuk really looks like he's going to explode anytime from now on.

While Seyong on the other side, he felt really weak at the moment. He never asked anyone to understand on what he did. Just, just... He hopes people would just leave him alone. Just, please don't care about anything, "Are you really going to be like this?" He asked, "Please use the right words though. I am not lying, I am just hiding things. That's it. When the time comes, I promise I will tell her about it by myself. But not till I know the truth behind my brother's death." He grabbed his wallet and phone on the table and leave the restaurant in instant. 

He was walking alone towards his office when his phone beep once, showed that there's a message coming in. He unlocked his phone and clicked on the message,

'But you like her don't you?'

"What the hell is wrong with him?" Seyong scoffed and put his phone away into his pocket.