Facing the Reality

Golden Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Jiyong's POV It has been 5 years yet everything looks familiar like it was just yesterday when I took responsibility of California branch and left everything here.    It seems like time has reverted and just now dad will call me into his office and scold me for bunking my classes and coming over here for taking his signature on my report card. He will get furious over how shamelessly I came to office for his signature on my progress card, which is progress card just for the name and showing my consistency in achieving low grades.   And using telepathy power my hyung will come to dad's office using any possible foolish excuse for my rescue.
How wonderful those days were. Though dad used to complain when hyung used to rescue me from his nagging, mom always said that he feels proud on our love.   I can't believe I'm smiling over this  thought. I can't explain how my heart feels warmth just remembering about them.   I couldn't control and entered dad's office. Once this office was used to be filled with tonnes of papers, continuous appointments and  business strategies, now it is waiting for it's boss to utilize it again.
This office has seen every phase of our life. It has seen tensions while planning strategies for tenders, celebration for cracking deals, disappointment of loosing projects and enthusiasm for standing again after all the failures.    My dad and his 4 friends YG, JYP, PSY and Mrs. Lee Ho Jung  really worked hard to bring where YG Group stands today. We all call them 'Fab Five'.   In their journey my mom played vital role. She was very strong lady. In all phases of life she stood firmly by my dad's side giving him strength. And may be that's why dad lost hope for living after departure of my mom.    Ahh I knew this will happen again. Coming back to korea was that's why very difficult. This is not just a place from my past, this is the place where my heart wants to live with the memories of my mom dad and hyung. It is difficult to face this emptiness.   I was going deeper with my thoughts when minzy knocked on the door.   "Sir meeting room is ready. Mr. Yang is on his way." Minzy informed   " Okay.. I'm coming" I collected myself from past and pulled into reality.    I knocked on the door and entered. 4 of Fab Five members were waiting for me.   YG Uncle welcomed me with his warm smile. I bowed to them and greeted with Smile. I respect all of them as while growing up I have seen them supporting my dad in all conditions.   My heart again started travelling into the past seeking for the warmth that I feel when I remember those happy moments, I Know I shouldn't be doing this. This is not healthy. I should control my heart and keep it in present.    " Jiyonga..." Familiar voice from YG Uncle   snapped me out of my thoughts. It was surprising as whenever we had board meetings and I joined over video conference, he used to call me Mr. Kwon.
He repeated his tender Smile after looking at my confused expressions.   " You know we are companion of your dad from the very beginning. We were best friends from college and then colleagues but above that always we all treated each other as a family."    I always believed YG Uncle was not 'direct from heart' talking person.
I never had experience of him in this mode before and I doubt whether hyung had this experience. For us he was like disciplined and strict uncle among the 4 friends of my dad.
I nodded in agreement acknowledging their value in my dad's life.    "Jiyongah we know what happened was really unfortunate, we know your world was turned upside down and that's why we supported your decision of  shifting to California. But jiyongah running away is not solution" J Y Park the head of marketing department said with concern.   " You know your dad could have easily gave up but he is holding on since 5 years... Don't you think he cares for you and that's why he is still here wid us??" PSY the head of Operations department pointed out exactly what I wanted to avoid.    I love my dad but I'm angry with him. He disappointed me. I was also part of this family yet he kept me away during crucial time our family. He deliberately closed all the doors for me returning to Korea for 2 years. I was naive. During my graduation years, he opened small branch of Kwon Telecom in US and put all the responsibilities on my shoulder.   My mom, my hyung and my other family members were going thro
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter