Once upon a Time

Golden Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Around 2 am:

Boo!!!! Kim Tan is a monster... Kim Tan is monster!! Hahahaha..... 
A kid was bullied by other kids wearing same school dress as his.

Aaniyo! aaniyo! I'm not a monster... I haven't eaten my mom n dad... I love them so much... Stop it.. stop it!! He was pleading while crying...

No no no....  You ate your parents... You are a monster. Kim Tan is a monster... monster!!! 

Suddenly the silence of night broke with the screams of a kid... He was denying with all his strength. He was stating his love for his mom and dad. His tears were flowing making him difficult to breath. The feeling being cornered was so scary that it made him drip into his pants.

One girl with scared look ran to his room after hearing his screams. Hurriedly brighened the lights and held him into her embrace... 

" Tana.. don't cry baby. Wake up. I'm here. Open your eyes. Look at me. It's just a nightmare." 

She wiped his tears and kissed on the top of his head. The kid looked at her and again started crying. 
" I'm sorry imo... It was not intentional. I went to washroom before sleeping. But I don't know how i....." He hide his face into her embrace and sobbed. She looked at his wet pant and realized how this 7 years old kid was grown up so early. He had a nightmere, scary enough to make him scream in sleep. Yet he was worried about her troubles.
His sobs made her cry along with him. She caressed his hair..
" Aaniyo aaniyo.. tana.. I know you are a good boy. You don't have to feel sorry. Stop crying. Let's change your pant. " 

She dimmed the lights after confirming the kid was sleeping soundly and left for her room.

______________

Hi I'm Kim Taeyeon. The 24 years old girl in the above scene and the kid sleeping is my nephew Kim Tan. This scene is happening frequently in my life nowadays. It has been 6 months after leaving busan, yet kim tan is having nightmares. How can I even expect him to move on though. When I realized what was happening with him, I was shattered by myself, he is merely a 7 years old kid. 

Even though the experience in last few months was scary, it was difficult to leave Busan. It was difficult to leave all the sweet memories of our small happy family behind. Our sweet home which witnessed how we were loved and spoiled once upon a time. How there were people in our lives listening to all our demands and wishes. How there was someone on whom we were dependent and lived our life carefree. Once upon a time...

I still can't believe how life changed in a moment. There was everything... And just in a moment it was just two of us remained in our family looking for hope in each other's eyes. My sister and brother in law left us behind for each other. 

Enduring is indeed difficult. But we can't focus on our pain and stop our life.The more we caress our pain, it looks huge making all possible options invisible. This makes you weak and I can't be weak. I have Kim Tan in my life.  He is the reason for living. I will give all the happiness in the world to him and try my harder to fullfill the emptiness in our lives. 

With this determination I left Busan and shifted to Seoul. With all the troubles, the only good thing happened when I got the opportunity to work for SM consultancy one of the best sotware companies in South Korea. The payscale offered was more than my previous small scale job so it was possible to enroll Kim Tan into prestigious school. Afterall giving him better future is the sole aim of my life. As I am struggling to adjust with the new work culture in my company, Kim Tan is coping with new environment, new people and new friends in school. 

 Though I was upbringing him without his parents, he is surprisingly very sincere boy. I guess the way life stole his parents, it made him mature in early age. After my sister and brother in law, only I am in his family.

Jin oppa was belonging to a wealthy family, despite opposition from his family he married my uonni and accepted me as his family. He left all the amenities provided by his family and we shifted to Busan after their marriage. I took admission to Busan University for engineering course. Jin oppa was also engineer. He left his lavish job and started working as a freelancer taking job work online.

I  never had feeling of a family before as my dad died when I was 2 years old and my mother followed him after loosing battle with cancer during my middle School. Jin oppa and hyeyeon uonni gave me family. Because of them I could live my happy family dream.

The arrival of Kim Tan was blessing for us. Though oppa was happy with us he always missed his family, my uonni could feel his emptiness. The thought that she is the reason why jin oppa had to leave his family was always troublesome for her. So when Kim Tan came into our life, uonni felt now Jin oppa's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter