First Step

Golden Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon's POV

 


" Stop it... Please stop it.... Don't hurt my emo, please..." 

 

 

I saw Tan running towards me. Mr. GD halted on his position with his sudden arrival and numbness occupied my body.

 

 

"it's not her fault. Please.. I request you. please stop it" Tan continued crying. I looked at him and saw his hands folded for pleading. A tight knot clenched in my heart and a wave travelled through my body to the bottom of my spinal cord. It shook me from numbness. Painful memories from his bullying incident buzzed in my mind. 

 


He was same devastated back then. His screams when he get the nightmares filled in my ear. His struggle to get back to the normal life, his guilt when he looks himself as a trouble to me, fear crowded in my mind.

 

 

 I felt my legs wobbling in fear to face that phase again. I can't see Tan going through it again. This fight was just started, and one more incident is adding up in list. I can't let this imprint on his mind. In past I was oblivious but now I have chance. I closed my eyes and regained my composure.

 

 

I know I can manipulate the situation here but the main problem is GD and TOP. I looked at Mr. GD trying to stop him from further reacting but he seemed lost in deep thoughts after Tan's sudden entry. 

 


"Ha ha ha....baby...." His sobbing paused with my awkward laughter and he looked at me.
I repeated it again snapping GD and Top back to reality. They looked at me in bewilderment. I locked my eyes with them one after another trying to send 'shut up or play along with me' telepathic message. 

 

 

" Omg Tan, why are you crying baby. Nothing is wrong here. " I bend to his height to look into his eyes with most possible assurance smile.
Tan looked at me sniffling his running nose, with his eyes still teary.

 

 

" Aigoo Aigoo this little cry baby." I pulled him in my embrace and kissed his head. He again broke into tears.

 

 

" I'm Sorry emo... I left my hideout. I don't want to cause any problem but you were facing monster alone, I don't like it. SHIRUH!!! " Tan shook his head rubbing his nose on my tummy. Sobbing was suffocating him. The guilt was again popping up on him. I inhaled audibly and bit my lower lip trying to suppress my sob, but tears betrayed me and it broke down on my cheeks. 

 


I wiped my tears and Smiled again.. 

 

 

" No need to bother Baby. No one is monster here. Look at them they are emo's Friends, they will never hurt emo..see.."  I tried to turn him but he kept his head buried in my embrace. 

 

 

I looked at GD and TOP, they were staring at Tan. Tan stole glance at GD and he kneeled down in front of him. 

 

 

"See baby, they are just like Baekhyun samchon, Yoona emo and seohyun emo." I tried to turn his head, he again refused to look at them.

 

I looked at Mr. GD, he was gently staring at Tan with a small smile tugged on his face. Thankfully they got my telepathic message and started playing along with me.

 


Tan slightly looked at him and again hid his face. I heard a weak laughing sound and to my surprise Mr. Dragon Ball was adoring Tan's innocent gesture. Who will believe he was the same person who was yelling at me for hiding same kid in the office.

 

 

Tan again stole glance, to which Mr. GD bent his head to meet his eyes and Smiled at him. I was expecting Dragon Ball will not yell at Tan but the efforts he was taking to comfort him was surprising for me.

 

 

Mr. GD blinked at him and raised his hand towards Tan for shaking. Tan looked at me with pout and I nodded in affirmation copying his pout. He smiled a bit and looked hesitantly at Mr. GD. He was patiently waiting with Smile for Tan's response, his hand still raised towards Tan. 

 


Tan slowly raised his hand and touched Mr. GD. I saw tears rolling on Mr. GD's cheeks and the small smile turned into ear to ear smile. 

 

Unbelievable!!!! This is what I could exclaim in my mind.

 

I guess the 'The wonders of the World' team must be heading to our office  because the 'Happily Smiling Dragon Ball' could be once in a century thing. 

 

 

He looked at Top showing him one of the 'wonders of the world' and he nodded with Smile. I wonder which code language they were using but my Smile arrived looking at their Smiling faces.

 


Few minutes before, I was breathing my last moments in SM. But now it is feeling like the burden is reduced from my chest. I never thought I was carrying this much burden for 6 months. When it is revealed, I'm feeling better now.

 

 

" What's your name? " Mr. GD asked Tan with same happy Smile. 

 

" Ahmm.. hello sir. I'm Kim Tan." Tan replied while fiddling my shirt.

 

GD again looked at Top and secret message was again delivered to him. I smiled at them. I never imagined them being this good with kids.

 

" Hello Tan, happy to meet you. My name is Kwon Ji yong " Mr. GD stated. I always wondered how someone can have name like Gdragon. so Mr. Dragon Ball has a decent name..K- my thought process broke when I heard GD with new Question.

 

" Do you know what is my hyung's name?? " 

 

Brother's name??////

 

Is this some kind of joke?? ///

 

Urghhhh..... here I was praising him being good with kids and there he, Dragon Ball with least reasoning sense. How Tan will know his brother's name and why does it matter rather. I was about to jump into the conversation but

 

 

" Kwon Jin Yong.... My hyung's name is Kwon Jin Yong" Mr. GD said loudly.

 

 

Kwon Jin Yong... Kwon Jin Yong.... my brain tried to process the details. His brother's name is Kwon Jin Yong, Kwon... 

 

 

MY JIN OPPA////

 


" Emo.. APPA!!!!!" Tan exclaimed pulling my hand and pointing at the mobile, Mr. GD was showing. My senses were frozen making my eye sight bit blurry. My heart was pounding.

 


I looked at it and it was indeed Jin oppa. Young version of him, he was standing with a boy, holding him with his shoulder. I looked at it again and Jin oppa was with Mr. GD, Ani Mr. Kwon Ji Yong. Ji Yong.... 

 

 

Ji.... OMG///

 

 

I looked at him and he was scrolling more photos for tan, who was now sitting with him on the floor looking at his appa's photos.

 

 

I slumped on the floor, my hand still trying to hold tan, who was practically leaning on Mr. GD in excitement. 

 

 

Kwon Jiyong... Jin oppa's Ji??? The only person I know from Kwon family. He is here in front of me with Tan. I tried to register the situation.

 

 

Does he know about eonni and oppa's accident? Does he know how  life played it's cruel game and we lost our respective siblings?? Does he know he painful it was facing that phase alone?? Riot started at the corner of my heart, the corner where I buried all my pain, all my misery and grief. I felt a sharp pain poking in my heart.

 

 

That unfortunate incident stole everything from me and I didn't get chance to cry out over my misfortune. No one was there... No one was there who could understand my pain, my loss.

 

 

May be he is the person at same level as me, with same pain as mine. The person who can relate with my aching heart. I didn't realize and I was already a sobbing hard.

 

 

I looked at GD and he was already looking at me. Tears crowded in my eyes with questions.
I wanted to ask him where was he when we needed him the most?? where was he when his hyung was waiting for him?? Where was he at the time to send them on their last journey??

 

 

I sought for 'i can feel you' warmth in his eyes. But instead of it I found rage in it. His eyes were burning with anger contradicting with his impassive face.

 

 

" Caught You Kim Taeyeon... What you thought you can hide Tan from us???" I heard him whispering when tan moved to Top who was sitting beside Jiyong. 

 

 

His impassive face turned angry and I shuddered with his deadly glare. My stomach clenched with pain, it seemed like a heavy stone bumped inside it. My ruggedly flowing blood all the energy from my body and I felt my limbs heavier to move. 

 

 

I looked at Tan and switched my gaze to jiyong. A mocking smirk developed on his face when Tan hugged him.  So my assumption was right. My decision to hide tan was right. 

 

 

A weak chuckle escaped from my mouth judging my stupidity.I thought he would understand but he was a 'Kwon' afterall. I forgot it in my pain and expected him to be mourning for his hyung.

 

 

How foolish///

 

 

I felt urge to hide Tan in my embrace and protect him from Jiyong. My motor senses worked and I tried to separate Tan from jiyong. He was holding him with his tightly closed eyes. I pushed jiyong's hands and pulled Tan away from his embrace. 

 

 

As expected his eyebrows knitted in straight line and he groaned in anger, but instead of reacting on my action he just lost his conciousness and slumped on the ground.

 

 

__________________

 

 

" Eonni... Please stop now, do you want to dehydrate your body. Think about Tan, eonni..." Yoona rubbed back in efforts to comfort taeyeon. 

 

Since 5 years, during night and day, numerous times taeyeon imagined the scenario if someone from Kwon family will find them and numeorous times she struggled to find the ways to face the situation.

 

 She thought she will not cry when that will happen. Instead she will use all her anger towards them as a shield and protect Tan from them. But when the situation happened, taeyeon is already a sobbing mess trying to reason out the situations arriving in their life.

 

Just now the brightness of sunshine was blessing them after hours of darkness and here again the dark clouds started rooting in their way.

 

When jiyong lost his conciousness, everything turned into chaos, Seungri and daesung arrived with more information about Tan and Taeyeon. Following to them Yoona and seohyun barged into office after their failed efforts to find Baekhyun. Tan was scared with the scenario so to protect Tan from another shocking incident Seohyun took Tan, seungri following her to Tan's waiting room.

 


"Emo..." Tan ran to Taeyeon's cubical with seungri and seohyun following him behind.
  


" Look I prepared 'get well soon' card for Samchon." He waved the paper in his hand. Taeyeon smiled meekly and caressed his hair. 

 

Tan was scared seeing unconcious jiyong but seungri successfully diverted his mind in 'get well soon card'.

 

"Can I give it to him now?" Tan asked for her permission to meet jiyong. The battle in her mind again ignited and she couldn't answer his question. Awkward silence captured them.

 

"Why not Tan.. let's go" seungri patted his shoulder and adjusted the situation. Yoona nodded at seungri for his efforts and he directed Tan to jiyong's office.

 


==

 


Nervous Top was striding to and fro in jiyong's office.

 

"Hyung please stop it. It's not first time, Ji will wake up soon. Why are you so nervous??" Youngbae interrupted his pace. Top ignored him and continued. Uneasiness was shaking his composure.

 

When jiyong went to visit his hyung he successfully managed his conciousness with the exercises given by Dr. Lee. Even today when he saw Tan for the first time, Top was alert for his reaction but he took it positively and again managed his conciousness. 

 

But later the way he lost his conciousness, the pattern was different and that's why top was worried about his recovery.


" Hello boys" seungri waved at Top and Youngbae holding door open with his left hand. "Look who is here.... Sunshine!!!!" he moved his right arm from left to right presenting the entry of Tan. Tan slowly entered and Smiled at them while blinking.The positivity spread from his smile defeated the tension and top also responded him with bright smile.

 


Tan looked at youngbae and took one step back in hesitation. He acquainted with Top when his emo was present, seohyun helped seungri to befriend with him but Youngbae, he was new. 

 

" Amm hello sir, I just want to give this card to samchon, can I give it to him?" Tan asked slightly bowing to them.

 

" Ohh Tan, you don't have to ask for permission, Jiyong is your samchon. You have right" Youngbae replied with his eye smile. Sweet smile from a muscle man plus mohak hairstyle, it was weird but cute combination. 

 

Tan moved ahead and went to Jiyong who was sleeping on the couch. "Is he still ill?? Is it painful for him? " Tan asked while looking at sleeping jiyong.

 

" No Tan he is just sleeping, now you have prepared card for him, so he will wake up soon." Seungri said and took place on one of the couch.

 

Tan put his elbows on the couch while cupping his face in Palm, and continued observing jiyong. Jiyong's nose, jawline, forearm, closed eyes, his 'Kwon genes' could be clearly found from his face features.

 

Tan unconsciously traced his face features with his index finger, it felt familiar to him. N times he saw his appa's photos and tried to imagine his touch with same trailing game. It was his only way to feel his appa. His emo was there to experience mother's love but the protection from his appa was always lacking for him.

 

 

" Can I touch him ??" Tan asked Top who was observing them from the neighboring chair. Top nodded in agreement. 

 


Tan was hope for top. Deep down somewhere he was feeling, tan was ultimate solution for Jiyong. Jiyong was broken from the past incidents, Top knew his disinterest for living life. But when he got news about Tan, he saw passion in Jiyong's eyes. The passion which can motivate him to look for his life.

 

Tan smiled and traced his face while slightly touching his face with index finger. 

 

"Two little eyes to look around..
Two little ears to hear each sound.
One little nose to smell what’s sweet.
One little mouth that likes to eat." 

 

When Tan moved his finger on Jiyong's lips with last line of his poem, they curved into sweet smile. Tan startled with his sudden reaction and moved away from him.  

 

Jiyong slowly opened his eyes and looked at confused Tan with smile. "What are you doing Champ??" Jiyong asked him and sat on the couch.

 

Tan blinked making pout, everyone Smiled at his innocent expressions and Jiyong pulled him on his lap.

 

" Do you know jiyong samchon, Tan's 'Get well soon' card gave you super power and that's why you woke up." Seungri stated handing glass of water to jiyong.

 

Jiyong looked at tan and he nodded with smile.
Are you alright Ji? Should I book appointment for session with doctor?? Top asked checking Jiyong's body temperature. Jiyong shook his head. Top, Youngbae, seungri were worried for Jiyong but they choose to take it normal in front of Tan.

 

 

Meanwhile Taeyeon was feeling uneasy. One moment her heart was feeling strange comfort knowing about jiyong, the brother of her Jin oppa who was always his supporter. And other moment the stabbing pain from past was making her nervous.

 

Jin oppa's 'Ji'  was familiar feeling for her. But his behavior was indicating something else.

 

Definitely she can't deny his relationship with Tan but if jiyong on behalf of Kwon family wants to claim any right on Tan then she can't allow it. She can't risk Tan's safety at any cost. And if he has that motive then he will try to allure Tan with all his power. Tan is baby, he doesn't know what is good and what is bad for him. He might feel this grandparents thing exciting but taeyeon knows them very well.

 

When Tan was going through toughest time of his life, no one from Kwon family came to support and now when he has started his life they can't claim any right on him for the sake of their 'only heir and Kwon blood' drama.

 

It is the time for her real exam and if she will just waste time in crying, all her efforts in protecting Tan for 5 years will be waste. She can't leave this battle in between.

 

Taeyeon wiped her tears, breathed to gathered her inner strength and walked to the jiyong's office. Yoona and seohyun followed her in confusion.

 

When she entered, tan was playing with jiyong and seungri while sitting on Jiyong's lap. Top was observing them hiding his smile behind the laptop and Youngbae was busy talking on phone call.

 

Taeyeon saw Tan smiling happily. Her happy sunshine was enjoying with his new friends. But who knows how pure their intentions are. So it was time for her to act. Instead of letting them take control over the situation, it was her time to protect what was her.

 

" Kim Tan... Let's go. It's time to go home.." taeyeon turned cheerful and called Tan with love.

 

" is it time already??? I want to play more, can't we stay for some more time?? " Tan asked in disappointment. She looked at jiyong and a smirk welcomed her in the new chapter of battle.

 

 A Knot clenched in Taeyeon's heart. The fear clouds gathered in her clear sky was proving their existence. Jiyong was started with his plot, now it was her time to tackle him. Taeyeon tried to find courage but she couldn't utter a single word. 

 

Yoona and seohyun learned about her situation and came ahead to revert attack.

 

" Seohyuna... How about game night at eonni's place tonight? Someone wanted my help to clear his stage.." Yoona moved forward towards tan and asked seohyun looking at Tan.


Tan's eyes sparked with amusement.

 

" Emo jeongmal?? Are we having slumber party??" Tan wiggled out from Jiyong's lap and walked to yoona.

 

She nodded and he started celebration. 
Except tan, everyone was silent on their positions, everyone new it was start of a cold war. Jiyong was gulping his anger under his gritted  teeth. The heated glares were getting exchanged between both the parties. 

 


" Let's go and pack your bags Tan" seohyun came forward and took tan with him. Oblivious Tan just waved merrily at his new samchon and joined seohyun.

 

" But he wants to play more angel. Let him play... " Seungri asked with urge to which Seohyun just glared at him and continued walking.

 

" Angel... Why are you taking him, jiyong hyung want... Angel.. liste- " seungri followed them. 

 

Taeyeon sighed when yoona put hand on her shoulder. They were about to turn and walk out when jiyong bursted.

 

" Kim Tan...nice try Kim Taeyeon. How could you believe, you can hide him forever " jiyong mocked Taeyeon rudely. It was out of his nature yet Top and Youngbae remained silent. 

 

From the past scenarios, jiyong had a pattern of getting unconscious on such 'difficult to handle situations' but this time he gave reaction and it was better sign for his health.

 

Taeyeon paused for a second but continued walking without giving any reaction. This maturity was her learning from the life in last 5 years. The real taeyeon was different from what she is today. The rebel sevage taeyeon had her own way to retaliate in past.

 


Yoona couldn't take this insult. She knew how Taeyeon struggled in her life. She turned to reply but taeyeon squeezed her hand and indicated her to calm down. Yoona knew this wasn't real taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon was enough to defend herself along with her hyeyeon eonni. Yoona sighed looking at Taeyeon in disappointment. She wanted taeyeon to snap the arrogance out of that proud dragon Ball. But taeyeon ignored it patiently.


"And Don't you dare to run away Kim Taeyeon. You can't steal Tan like your sister stole my hyung. I will not let it happen." Jiyong again roared, now glaring at Taeyeon who turned after listening his poisonous remark. 

 

He was condemning her, she ignored. But now it is about her sister. She knew the so called Kwon family was never in favor of their son Kwon Jin Yong and her eonni. That was okay, but who gave them right to blame her eonni for stealing their son when they never tried to check on him. It broke her patience.

 

" Hunh..?? It took you 5 years to know about his existence and you dare saying it Mr. Jiyong. Don't you think it's bit late??" Taeyeon retaliated aggressively. Finally the shell was broken. 

 

Yoona wore her ninja mocking smile looking at taeyeon. While Top and Youngbae looked at each other in confusion. They couldn't analyze the situation.

 

Her reply poked jiyong on his soft point. He punched his right fist on left palm in anger. His heart was racing with the rage. How that girl who stole his nephew can answer back to him.
He sighed and again wore his arrogant smile. It was time to make her realize her sins.

 

" Yeah it's late but you must be thankful for that Miss Kim. With time the amount you can claimi in return of my nephew is also raised now, isn't it?"

 

" No Mr. Kwon jiyong, you are mistaken. Involving money in such issues is your style. I'm not kwon. So don't expect me to ask money for it" taeyeon answered with a witty chuckle. 

 

"AND who am I hearing to Miss Kim... aren't you the same girl who accepted money for leaving right on my hyung??" jiyong replied arching his eyebrows towards her. He was sitting on couch. But as the conversation heated he stood up..

 

" You and your greedy sister. If you wanted money, you should have asked us directly, WHY YOU DID IT TO MY HYUNG??? WHY???  You should have asked for it before and return me my hyung alive. I would have given you my whole damn property Kim Taeyeon???"Jiyong stride towards taeyeon. It alerted Top and Youngbae. Yet they waited patiently.

 

Jiyong's eyes were getting wet remembering the incidents from past. He was angry but his emotions were struggling to pull him in the past again. Jiyong stared at taeyeon breathing heavily to maintain his sanity.

 

Taeyeon was stunned by hearing those allegations again after 5 years. She was shattered with accusations of them being 'gold diggers' when that accident happ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter