AN INTRUDER

Golden Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwon Jin Yong

Note: All image credits to its owners.

 

Flashback:


"Smile!!!.... here.. eonni here.." 

 

" Yah Lee chaerin, will you stop disturbing Dara? Let her get ready. " 

 

" Should we disturb you eonni? You might have some alien couple info to share with us." Maknae tried to tease the oldest one.

 

" Yah Minzyah, you better skip my hyuni" bom warned minzy who was assisting chae. 

 

" Ohh same applies to you eonni, I hope you have not shared this surprise plan with your boyfriend. " Chae pinned doubt and activated minzy.

 

 

" Ohh Bom eonni, you told seunghyun oppa?? I told you he had meeting with Jin oppa. What if he spills the bins? " Minzy stomped around in worry.

 

" Relax minzyah, why are you listening to her." 
 Bom threw cushion on the handy cam, chaerin was holding in her hand. 

 

"Eonni you are spoiling the video. We want to showcase it on their wedding day." Chae again turned towards Dara who was sitting in front of mirror busy with her final touch. She turned towards camera and smiled shyly.

 

Indeed a godess! Moon goddess.. Luna.The black fish cut gown she wore was not lesser than the night darkness, which emphasizes the beauty of moon goddess.

 


" Eonni how are you feeling? Do you want to say something to my oppa? " Chae asked zooming her camera focus to capture the reddish shade appeared on Dara's face. 

 

" Stop it chae, is that even question to ask? Her face is expressing her happiness. Can't you see that spark in her eyes" hye Soo gomo entered with Mrs. Kwon. 

 

The red shade deepened on Dara's face as everyone one started teasing her. The moment was like dream comes true for her. 

 

The fab five family members were gathered at Kwon's Villa for engagement event of Dara and Jin. It was a surprise for Jin and that's why everyone was getting ready before his arrival. 

 

" Dara.. you are looking beautiful dear" Mrs. Kwon complemented and kissed on her forehead. Chaerin rushed to captured this beautiful moment in her camera. 

 

"Thank you auntie. " Dara smiled shyly. 

 

"Ohh auntie?? Now You have to change your habit Dara. Eomoni" gomo continued teasing her. 

 

" Yeah Dara. Call me Eomoni from now on. " Mrs Kwon stated with smile. "And I will be your sister-in-law eonni, right kwon eomma? " Chae exclaimed cheerfully and everyone laughed at her excitement. 

 

"And I will be your brother-in-law noona, right eomma?" jiyong mocked chaerin and jumped into conversation through a video call. 

 

"Noona you are looking fabulous. I am damn sure hyung will again fall in love with you. How sad I can't see it.
Uggghhhh...Eomma I want to witness it. I want to be there. Why are doing this with me? Can't you guys wait for me? I will take next flight and fly there. Please. I want to witness this eomma" jiyong again started with his sad Story. His prior commitments made him skip this surprised engagement event.

 


" Don't worry Ji oppa, I will record everything for you. Jin oppa's face, omg I can't wait to see his surprised smile. Gomo I guess I will die giddily when Jin oppa will propose Dara eonni.. omo!! omo!!... " Everyone supported chae giddily with a big aww... And Dara again melted in puddle of reddish glow.

 

" Omo I forgot important thing, here it is." Mrs. Kwon opened jwellary box she carried with her. " This necklace, Eomoni gave me when she chose me as her daughter-in-law. Now I'm giving it to you as a legacy. Welcome to the family dear. Have a great life with my jinah." Hye Soo took that box and helped Dara to wear that necklace and earrings.

 

 It enhanced her look like that necklace was destined to be owned by her. Mrs. Kwon held her both hands and looked at her with wet eyes. 

 

" Dara my Jin has innocent heart. He only knows giving love and never asks anything. Fill his life with love dear I want you both to be happy forever." 

 

Dara felt same wetness in her eyes. She knew Jin well and Mrs. Kwon's concern for him too. She just smiled looking into Mrs kwon's eyes and the meaningful silence shared her thoughts with everyone.

 

" Eomma do you know you are worst than Jin hyung. This cheesiness. Not only those ladies there even I will gain weight here in US." Jiyong broke the silence and everyone laughed. 

 

" wait a minute, If that necklace halmeoni gave you is for Dara Noona then what about my wife eomma? I knew eomma loves hyung more but she can't do this with my wife gomo. How can you let this happen with your dear nephew gomo? " 

 

" Aigoooo aigoooo this shameless boy." Hye Soo gomo acted like slapping the mobile and again laughter broke. This youngest Kwon was well aware about how to keep his family smiling and that's why he was apple of everyone's eye.

 

" Ohh jiyongah like auntie... oops eomoni gave it to me as a legacy, I will give it to your wife. Promise. Okay?"  Dara exclaimed with happiness. 

 


~~

 


Mr. Kwon got signal from his guard regarding Jin's arrival and everyone prepared themselves to give surprise.

Dara calmed her pounding heart, finally it was the day. Her love was finally on the verge of success. 

Was it really happening with her? 

She was getting engaged with her childhood sweetheart. 

 

Few days before it was a far dream for her. Sometimes she was friend for him and another moment his special gesture used to confuse her. But she got his confirmation when Mr. and Mrs. Kwon asked Dara to be their daughter-in-law. 

 

From that day to this day she couldn't look into his eyes directly. Her heart beat skipped when she imagined Jin asking her for marriage. 

 

How she is going to look into his eyes? 

 

A sharp current flew to her spine deepening the red color on her Cheeks.

 

A shock spread in hall when a sound of tight slap cut the silence. Every attention diverted towards the entrance where Mr. Kwon and Jin were standing. 

 

"Eeobo...." Mrs. Kwon ran to defend Jin and stood between father and the son. 

 

Gomo and Fab five members went to stop Mr. Kwon when he again tried to slap Jin. 

 

" Eoebo calm down please. What happened to you? Jinah, what happened?" Mrs. Kwon tried to learn the situation. 

 

" Ask your shameless son." 

 

" Appa, please listen to me. Please." Jin tried to talk to him.

 

" Shut your filthy mouth. How dare you come here to show your face" 

 

" Eeobo please listen to him. Jinah what happened tell us please.. " 

 

" Here we have planned his engagement and your disgraceful son is coming with a Marriage Certificate. See this" he threw it towards Mrs. Kwon but she was stunned after listening to her husband. 

 

Her son is married, why? 

 

They successfully convinced him just the night before. He agreed at that time. Then what's all this? Hye Soo gomo checked certificate which was authentication of plummet of their happiness. 

 

Dara heard Mr. Kwon and slumped on the floor. Her friends tried to support her but shock drained energy from her body. 

 

Her heart wanted this to be lie. She looked at Jin and his guilty eyes dropped on the floor avoiding eye contact with her. 

 

She learned the truth. It was enough for her to understand.That far dream she had from her college days broke into pieces. There was nothing remained to bargain on. She silently stood up and left placing necklace she was wearing on the side by table.

 

Mrs. Kwon retrieved from numbness when she saw Dara living with dead eyes. She turned towards jin and tried to persuade him with her love, she requested him to withdraw everything and listen to his family.

 

 At last when nothing worked on him she slapped her son to make him listen. But everything failed.

He can't do this to dara. He shouldn't do this with her. He should at least give explanation. But Jin chose to remain silent and accepted all the cursing.

 

He wasn't expecting this surprised engagement scene. It was just yesterday he agreed to consider the thought of getting married with dara. And today when he came his parents are with this engagement thing. 

 

Isn't it too early? They should have informed him before planning this engagement thing Or may be he should have told them before getting married.


He wanted to explain his side to his eomma appa and introduce Hyeyeon to them. He was ready to convince them with all means but everything turned disastrous. 

 

His one step shook the base of friendship between Mr. Kwon and JYP. Even his best friend dara was brutally hurt because of him. 

 

He never wanted this.
 He was ready to sacrifice his love for his family. But he can't betray his baby. He composed himself and tried to tell them about Hyeyeon when guest left.

 

But his efforts failed as after today's incident his family's hatred turned  towards Hyeyeon.

 

His family was judging her before even knowing her personally. No one trusted his choice and blamed her for everything. From bad luck to gold digger different titles were given to her. Her existence was compared with devil and her love for Jin was named as her voodoo.

 

He thought his family will accept her but they treated her as an INTRUDER.

 

She wasn't an intruder, she was his life and mother of his child. He wanted to deny all the allegations loudly but no one was in mind set to listen to him.

 

The last option he had was to leave his family for the best. It was the only option that could reduce the ruckus created because of him.

 


_____________

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

" HYA GLITTER" 

 

I shook her away through her shoulder.
She closed her eyes and a conspicuous smile tugged on her face. Preparing for the worst I tightened my grip on her shoulders, 
And as expected she suddenly arched her body backwards throwing all her weight on my grip.

 

 Before she could loose her balance I pulled her back to me and cupped her face with my right hand in efforts to make her stand straight. 
But this glitter was not satisfied yet, she rubbed her face on my palm and moaned audibly. 


"What are you doing??" 


I moved my hand and she winced like a child as if I snatched chocolate from her. 


" Please.. please.. jiyong.. please give it to me." 


She used all her energy getting hold on my hand and rubbed it all over her face. 

 

Her body temperature, it was more than normal. May be my ambient body temperature was soothing her.  

 

" Okay. But you have to sleep if I allow you " she nodded and obediently went to bed.

 

Finally her mind was preparing to sleep. I hope now that sleeping pill will perform its job. I slept beside her offering my arm and she hovered on it like her life depends on it. 

 

Her initial hustle for comfort subdued resting her face on my arm. Probably she was drifting to her dreamland. I remained stiff on my position covering my eyes with the other hand. 


I had to skip my tablets tonight, so a long battle with insomnia was waiting for me.

Empty your mind, focus on black spot, hear your breathing, relax your body. 

Repeat. 

Repeat. 

Repeat. 

Repeat..... until that blackness draws you inside it. 

 

sigh!

 

It's tiring to the extend that you just hate night time.

 

This loneliness. 


And this silence. 

 

Silence which is mortal for tonight, thanks to taeyeon.


"Jiyong"


I heard her whispering. 

 Ughhh!!  Why suddenly I miss that silence.

 

She was sleeping on her tummy, her forehead on my arm. I just hummed in response hoping she will learn my disinterest and focus on sleeping. It was past midnight and like normal people we should be sleeping by now but Taeyeon was in different dimension with different energy levels.


"Jiyong" she pulled hem of my T-shirt forcing me to look at her. 

 

" What now?" I asked without removing hand covering my eyes.


" Why you showed up? " She sighed turning towards my side. 

 

" Why you suddenly appeared in our life after 5 years? " 

 

Is she confronting me at this hour? This is definitely not the time to start our war.

I looked at her, her expressions were different from normal wild cat phase. It was more of pain than anger. 

 

Is she starting with 2 am meaningful talk? Shouldn't I just shut her and focus on sleeping?


NO EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENTS!!


NO EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENTS!!

  
My brain alerted me. But her eyes, I tried to yell but nothing came out.


"I was waiting for you jiyong. we were waiting for you." 

It's definitely the thing I should stay away. 

Jiyong.. shut her...shut her up... 

I realized but my body couldn't process the orders. 

I'm definitely going to regret it. 

 

 "After eonni and oppa, you were the only family we had. I was scared, I waited for you to come. But you never came."  Her tear rolled down on my arm pointing at the biggest regret of my life. The fact about my cowardness. The time which I wish I could go back to and correct everything. 

 

Can I pull myself back now? 

 

 I'm drowning into her pain, it feels close to my heart..

" Why you showed up now? Will you take away Tan from me?"

 I couldn't speak a single word. Her painful eyes captured my all senses. 

Am I stealing Tan from her? Question buzzed in my mind.

Relax Ji.. don't feel offended. I tried to calm down myself.

 

I know what I felt when I saw Tan suffering during his Nightmare episode. It was tough for me to keep aside my motivation for claiming Tan's legal custody and accept this mid way of living together.

 

It was more tempting to claim Tan, when she warned me to stay away. But I avoided it crushing my ego. She has special place in Tan's life.


"Please don't separate Tan from me." She tried to focus her gaze on me. Her sloppy eyes were heavy pleading for sleep but stubborn her was still fighting with it. 


I composed myself and tried to end this ' turning to be harmful' talk session.

 

" Umm okay, I will consider this-"  before I could finish she squirmed in happiness trying to roll out of bed. But I held her with waist and dragged back towards me.

 

" But.- But only if you sleep now" 


"Jiyong" she whined again. Despite my rolling eyes on her, she continued whining.

 

" Please say Yes, Please. Please Please Please" 

 

Whenever Taeyeon showed off her arrogance during meetings, I urged to tamper it and make her plead. 
But god! I seriously regret it now. Pleading Taeyeon is so cheesy.

 

" If you want I can return all the money I received from you. I have savings." 

 

Wow! Is she offering me money in exchange of Tan. 

Seriously... 

 

I sighed in frustration and closed my eyes. I can't see this anymore. I don't want to see anymore.

 

" I have property on my name after eonni and oppa and my gold jwellary also. In total I can give you double the amount I received. DOUBLE!!!" She poked on my cheek with her index finger. 

 

Urghhh.. 

 

So what I have insomnia and I might not sleep whole night but it doesn't mean I should bare this all stupidity. 

Do I have a option of leaving her alone?? 


 I opened my eyes to warn her with finality but she welcomed me with her smile. 

Once she noticed I have opened my eyes, she started convincing me with her pout and series of cheesy aegyo, blinking her unfocused eyes probably targeting at the table lamp past me. 

 

Aish this glitter... 

 

"Here.. here... I'm here.." I held her face and she chuckled with her infectious ahjumma laughter. I doubt if she will remember this in the morning, unknowingly she is giving me huge stock to probably enough for next year.

 

She took this opportunity and again attacked on my privacy, throwing herself on me. 

 

"Yah.. Yah.. despo, stop behaving like a teenager, craving for skinship. You ert glitter! Give me Tan's responsibility and marry your boyfriend. You should thank me I'm giving you opportunity-" 

 

She just chuckled interrupting me may be sarcastically and hit on my chest. 

 

Aisshh this retard//

 

" Wae? What happened?" I asked her sharply. And her reply started with series of tongue clicks. 

 

" Tsk.. It's a top Secret. Haha not that TOP, your friend. It's a TOOOPP SECRET  " She whispered keeping index finger on her lips. I adjusted her head on my arm and turned towards her opting for safe distance between us.

 

" What's the secret??" I whispered.
 She clicked her tongue melancholically before spilling the beans.

 

" I can't get married." She crouched and put her head on my chest. 

 

"Aisshh these stupid people. No one understands-Doctor says get married, my friends say get a boyfriend and now you are also saying get married. Why don't you understand 

I CAN'T GET MARRIED."

She paused instigating my curiosity. Why she can't get married?  Does she have any criminal record because of her gold digging history?
 Fugitive Kim Taeyeon!! 

Is she revealing something related to her boyfriend or boyfriends or Baekhyun or don't know if anyone new in the list.

 

I waited for her to continue but she  found the circular design printed on the bed sheet more interesting and traced it with her finger. Wohh even under influence of drug, she knows how to seek attention.
 
"why can't you get married?" I asked gently.

Will it be considered as Taking Advantage? But she is the one who started it. I never forced her. Even now I am asking her, it's her choice if she wants to share. 
I'm not forcing her.

 

" -Because I don't want to ignore Tan...... He was alive Jiyong" 

 

she sniffled probably avoiding a sob. I felt wetness on my T-shirt and silence captured us, this time it felt meaningful. Her tears continued wetting my T-shirt and my thoughts accelerated with its realization.

 

'He was alive' is she talking about Jin hyung?  

 

Suddenly I felt heaviness in my heart and a current passed through my body. Am I going to get my trauma episode now? Is this leading me to loose my conciousness? She broke my thoughts,


" He was alive. I have promised him. He waited for me to arrive. He was worried for us,

His eyes.... 

It was painful...

I assured him...

I can't..."

Sob!

Sob!


"He was alive in hospital Jiyong. He was there. He was there, till the time I meet him,  he was looking at me. Eonnie was dead on the spot, covering him and Tan. She left. Without meeting. At least he was alive. But then  h-he left......He left in front of my eyes-" 

 

Her noncoherent words, pictured everything in front of my eyes. I wrapped her in my arms before she could finish her last words. Her back kept heaving up and down with her sobs. 

 

My body turned numb, I am hearing about Jin hyung. He was alive. Jin hyung and Alive, these words, feels good to hear it together, more tempting to build ivory tower. But my brain refused to process it together. It was alluring to feel those words, get lost in those words but nothing happened. I was in my right mind withstanding with the truth, feeling her pain and comforting her.

 

Vibrations of her weeping at my chest kept me alert. My dry eyes were clear, without any trace of dizziness. Contradicting to my regular behavior I was breathing normally, feeling her pounding heartbeat on my chest, allowing it to synch with mine and calm down. 

 

" No one was there. I was alone. They left me alone." 

 

Her words echoed in my ears. I caressed her. Kissed on the crown of her head. 

 

Left alone! 

 

Who will know this pain better than me.


" Calm down... Relax babe don't cry. you are not alone. I'm here. I'm here with you. Tan is with you. Don't cry. You are a strong girl. Relax babe" I whispered in her ear embracing her closer to me.

 

I wanted to protect her from the pain, make her realize my presence. She needed it. She feels alone. It kills inside. I know it. I can feel her.


It's like I'm looking into mirror, facing same pain that pokes into my heart. 
That one unfortunate incident and our lives are shattered into pieces.


 Pieces of our love, trust, secureness and beliefs.


____________

 

"Emo!!!" Tan entered into home looking for his emo. Despite sleeping late at night I woke up early and picked up Tan from Yoona's place. He must be startled with sudden sleepover at yoona's place.

 

"Shooo Tan, keep it low. Emo is still sleeping, I told you, she is not feeling well." I shooshed him hoping he will learn the situation and rush to get ready. 

 

It was already late. If he misses his school bus, he will definitely get a late mark and if Taeyeon knows about it, she will create big fuss. I don't want it anymore, yesterday's drama was enough to tolerate.

 

" Go get a shower, I will prepare breakfast for you." 

 

" No! I want emo." Tan was worried, and directly headed to her room. I followed him. I don't want him to disturb her. She hardly slept in the morning after continuous crying for hours.


 
Tan placed his elbows on mattress she was sleeping and cupped hiss face in palms. Taeyeon was sleeping soundly curling into a ball. Her shirt dress was barely covering her thighs. 

 

" Don't worry Tan, she is fine." I whispered while covering her with sheet. 

 

"She will rest till the time you return from school, afterwords you can play with her. check the time, it's already late. Hurry up. You will miss your school bus. " 

 

I directed him towards my room but he seemed unconvinced. 


" I will skip school today. I can't leave emo alone-" I knew this is going to come. 

 

Stubborn Kim genes//

 

"Aani who told you emo is alone. Samchon is working from home today. No more reasons. Get ready fast. " 

 

________________

 

Seunghyun's POV....

 

*Sample

Hey Tabi! Good morning! 
Sorry we couldn't meet. I guess I was not in right mind when I proposed you. I'm really sorry. It's not your fault, I mistook attraction as a love. I shouldn't have proposed you without clearing my thoughts.
 Sorry! I Hope you understand.


I read a text received from my sample. Yes you read it correctly sample.. my lover, a lover who  claims to love me but loves my status and money more. Probably the only thing they loves.


It's my monthly dose. Getting proposals from my fan girls, listening to their confessions about how much they love me, spending days together with lavish lifestyle,  their convincing to change my decision once they know about my future planning and at last their departure from my life.

It's kinda fun. Girls never disappoint me with their consistency, it's always about money and my status at the end rather than the real me. 

 

"Sample delete." I chimed.

 

 " Another one?  Min ah too? I thought you both were good. " Youngbae asked with little surprise. 

 

" Yeah I also thought so" I winked at him and headed to cafeteria.

 

 Shin min ah and I were friends from college. From the days we started our BigBang. In one of the IT conclaves,  Min ah approached me and we started with friendship.

 

 Everything was going well, we were pretty comfortable with each other. She even successfully cracked first two stages becoming the first girl who managed to reach Level 3 of my Scrutiny. I thought this time it will work out but she failed at last. 

 

And just few minutes ago we broke up. 

 

Do you want me to get sad? 

 

No! Somewhere I was sure, it was just a matter of time. I am used to with this world now. 
World where people decides their feelings according to your Bank Balance. If you are rich you are most welcome. If not then your love is just a trash like your status. 

 

Trash//

 

I was a bright student born in a trashy society called Poor People. I worked hard and grabbed scholarship to enroll in a school affordable for 'chaebul'. There I met Ji, bae, Dae, Ri and the whole chaebol world. 

 

Our equations matched and we became friends. There I part of chaebol community. 

 

Judging the book from its cover, I treated everyone with same innocence. And obliviously committed the biggest crime, Crime of loving someone from the bottom of my heart. 

 

Everything was going well before Dara noona agreed to get married with Jin hyung. They opposed his marriage with Hye noona and my little happy world shattered. Jin hyung rebelled and his love won over all the opposition. 

 

But mine....
 it got trapped in the race of chaebol status and died.

 

It was a huge storm, probably planned for testing our love, unlike Jin hyung, she was a coward. She turned down all my efforts to hold her tightly and we ended up apart. 

 

I cried, begged, bear all insult coming on my way, but it was worthless. She left me destroying my innocence and turned me into a Monster.

 

There is no mercy for sins. I did a sin, loved a non deserving person with full heart. I must pay for it. This is my way of paying for it. Poking that wound again and again with such small break ups. 

 

Heart is lunatic. Even after cruel hit, it seeks for new hope and easily believes in love. 

 

Fool! Never gets its lesson from experiences and so I need these break-up doses which keeps my heart in control.

 

Empty heart allow time to heal the wounds which I don't want to happen. It should keep paining. It should keep poking until she comes back.


Ugghhhh... Am I going on wrong track again? I shouldn't be thinking about her. 


"Ahjumma one strong coffee please." This coffee can relax me. I have lots of pending work to do. 

 

"I definitely can't drink in the daylight." I mumbled rubbing my nape and I felt tap on my shoulder. 

 

" You shouldn't be drinking in the daylight Ahjussi, you can't handle it."  

 

 I heard a girl, Ahjussi *growl *growl
I turned and it was Yoona. 

 

Ohh Ms. Im Yoona and look who is talking alcohol handling.


Tsk this girl.


When I saw her after party she was playing cards with drunk men on the roadside.

 

Will anyone believe it? 

 

Yeah it's the only truth. 

 

Those begger type men were behaving like she was their acquaintance and this lady was enjoying her second round with them.

 

Tsk...my eomma's values... I couldn't ignore it and ended up with her. 

 

My life till date taught me importance of winning in but that night I learned how loosing ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter