⌫ Amor Vincit Omnia by chorusofthesong

゜・ ʀᴇᴅ ᴠᴇʟᴠᴇᴛ ゜・ 。 reviews archive collection ゜ ゜・
 

welcome to dancing daisy review shop. I'm finally back, with a new revamp/layout, made by font-size. Isn't it impressive in its austere simplicity? I really like how it is so unadorned and classic. Nevertheless, I'm back in business and we're encouraging you to request again. Make sure you've read the rules and regulations. Thank you for visiting and hope you have a good time!

dancing daisy

q05Fncq.png
iKCo4em.png
oqw3LAD.png
 
 

amor vincit omnia by ChorusoftheSong

Posted by: dancingdaisy • request info — Last Edited: 17/01/2016

tumblr_o06oyhvlss1uic6epo1_1280.jpg

Author: ChorusoftheSong

Story Title: amor vincit omnia

Main Personas: SEVENTEEN's Wonwoo, Mingyu, Seungcheol, Jeonghan

Story Genres: Humor/Crack, Realistic Fiction, Romance, collegeau!

Story Status: On-going

Story (projected) Length: Novel/Novella Length (chaptered)

Story Description: "Wonwoo's not looking for love, but it follows him in the form of a tall, uncoordinated and struggling student named Kim Mingyu. Mingyu is an entity on his own, with his silver hair, questionable humor, and a tendency to break things and the people around him. Wonwoo can't stand him. He's not looking for love, really, but it finds him anyway."

Reviewer:
sidexchan 

Comments: n/a

Story Title (5/5)

Posted by: DANCINGDAISY • grading — Last Edited: 17/01/2016

Fanfiction readers tend to take things at face value - especially titles. Titles can honestly make or break a fanfic. When I saw the words “amor vincit omnia”, I was already interested. I don’t speak latin. I had no idea whatsoever what that phrase meant, other than that amor means love. but “amor vincit omnia” sounds beautiful and elegant whether you know what it translates to or not, and that pulled me towards the story.

Description and Foreword (9/10)

Posted by: dancingdaisy • grading— Last Edited: 17/01/2016

The description is short and sweet, literally. I like that I got a grasp of what type of character Mingyu is after reading the two sentences of the description. he’s awkward and to the point, and open about his feelings. I also liked the mention of Wonwoo being uncomfortable. I can already tell how the relationship between the two will start.


As for the foreword, I liked that as well! it sounded a bit more like a description to me, though, as in, I could see this being the description to amor vincit omnia without an issue. that isn’t a complaint, though, just an observation. the quote included at the end of the foreword was a nice little taste of what the story would be like, and I appreciate that it explained what the title meant.

Appearance (10/10)

Posted by: dancingdaisy • grading — Last Edited: 17/01/2016

• Poster and Background (5/5)

I’m adoring this poster! it’s cute, and I have no idea what the butterflies are there for, or what significance they hold, but I'm eager to find out. there is no background for this story other than a solid light blue, so there isn’t anything to comment on there.

• Font-size and Readability (5/5)

No complaints here, either; you used asianfanfics’ default font and layout, which is perfectly easy to read.

 

Plot Development (37/40)

Posted by: dancingdaisy • grading — Last Edited: 17/01/2016

• Originality (9/10)

Oh my gosh, this is too cute! I’ve read school aus, of course, but I like that this one isn’t predictable. whenever this fic updates and I go read the newest chapter, I'm not going to have it mixed up in my head with other school au fics, because this is unique.

• Setting, Theme and Mood of the story (18/20)

This is a really light-hearted, fluffy story, and I saw in your foreword that you mentioned there might be slight angst later, so I'm excited to see how that is written. I'm really liking the setting - I can picture everywhere they are clear as day, and I like the constant reminders of the environment so that readers don’t forget.

• Consistency and Flow (10/10)

I see nothing wrong with the flow or consistency of this fic. it reads easily.

Character Development (13/15)

Posted by: dancingdaisy • grading — Last Edited: 17/01/2016

• Point of View Used (4/5)

It was a little confusing to me sometimes what perspective it was being told from; it seemed almost entirely like wonwoo’s pov, but then it would switch to mingyu’s for a line or two. this would make sense if we got glimpses of everyone’s thoughts, but I don’t remember seeing seungcheol’s or jeonghan’s POVs either.

• Evolution of the Characters (9/10)

Seeing wonwoo go so suddenly into a head-over-heels mood was cute! I haven’t seen any actual character development, but this fic is only a few chapters in, so I'll give it time.

Grammar and Writing Style (14/15)

Posted by: dancingdaisy • grading— Last Edited: 17/01/2016

• Grammatical Errors (5/5)

I’m very big on proper grammar and punctuation in any type of writing, and I didn’t see a single mistake in this!

 

• Choice of words and use of language (9/10)

I really like the comparisons between mingyu and a puppy, especially one that shows love by gnawing at all the furniture. you word things very precisely, and your imagery is outstanding! you equally distribute descriptions of the setting, characters, facial expressions, etc.

General Evaluation / Over-all Enjoyment (5/5)

Posted by: dancingdaisy • grading— Last Edited: 17/01/2016

I’m loving this! it’s so cute and refreshing, and your writing style is pleasant!

Total Grade (93/100)

Posted by: dancingdaisy • grading — Last Edited: 17/01/2016

tumblr_npfshe68P31uwppxno5_1280.png

93%

Thank you for requesting! Do request again! It was a pleasure to review your story, it definitely has a great potential. Don’t forget to credit us!
Upvotes and feedback are absolutely welcomed! ;>

AFFILIATES: 001 // 002 // 003 // 004 // 005 // Credit