☑︎ beyond two highway lines

゜・ ʀᴇᴅ ᴠᴇʟᴠᴇᴛ ゜・ 。 reviews archive collection ゜ ゜・
 
beyond two highway lines 
by -sputnik-

The story is an introspective character piece of two characters with very different personalities. Donghae is a free soul who would never be satisfied living in the suffocatingly small town he was born in. Eunhyuk knows he can't survive in the life of the city. The story explores the lives of these two people, who love each other so much they barely know what to do with each other, yet just can't stay together.

part one

"Beyond two highway lines" is a schmaltzy sob story, yet so touching and heartwarming. Parting ways with a loved one is something so common that it is a matter, that goes without saying, of tender throbbing. To put that longing pain on paper, is not an easy feat. But I have to clap the author's back for pouring out the raw emotions of the couple so well. To read such intense exchange between the couple can be incredibly cathartic or really a turnoff. It goes both ways.

part two

While I am a pretty sentimental and sensitive person myself, I don't exclusively enjoy angsty plots. I am rather picky when it comes to angst, I don't dig dark angst. While the initial introduction into the story foreshadowed just that, I'm so glad that it took a turn in second part of the story. I appreciate your approach to writing angst, surely there are people who take pleasure in that genre. But the way you wrote it could be a double-edged sword. While the harsh and fierce sentiments can put off some people, some may argue that it brings out the pure passion they have for each other. Now if you see what I mean. 

note

Thank you for requesting! ♡ You're the first one to do so for the new batch, so thanks! I hope the review is alright. It is simply just another reader's take on the story :)

Remember to reread the guidelines, they are easy to follow. Upvotes are welcomed! And don't forget to credit with the above icon.

RED VELVET
reviews

This review shop is owned and managed by kalmia. Please do not post any spam or malicious comments – you'll be flagged and blocked.