Chapter 12

Red Strings


"Hyung?" Jin look back to see Jimin walking towards him, he moves and help the younger to sit down at the table.

"Breakfast will be done Jimin just wait for a bit, oh and i will go to the market later with Yoongi and Tae while Namjoon and Hobi will stay to clean the house for Christmas Eve, you can just stay here and rest wait are you okay now?" 

"Yeah" Jimin whispered nodding as a response. Jin sighed and put the stove in low heat so the food will not get burnt then walk closer to Jimin and pat his head.

"Jimin.."

"He didnt come home hyung, where is he? Why did he act like that? What makes him push me like that? And his words, homophobic? When did i become homophobic hyung?"

"Jimin, please try to understand Jungkook. He is really close to Yugyeom maybe thats why it hurts him when you-"

"I didnt say anything bad hyung! Im just concerned what will happen if someone will saw them and starts to give stupid rumors about Jungkook? I just want him to be safe!" And then Jimin starts to cry again, he doesnt want to look like he dont want Jungkook to be with Yugyeom all the time its just he wants the maknae to be safe and out of rumors.

"Shhhhh... Stop crying Jimin please. I dont know too, JK might be close to me but he is so secretive so i dont know what is on his mind. What i know is he really cared about what will people say about his friends, even if.... If its you." Jin said calming the younger who is crying his eyes out soaking his hyungs shirt.

"If i dont know that Bambam and Yugyeom were boyfriends, I will start to think he and Yugyeom were a thing." 

"That will never happen Jimin, they might be close but Yugyeom dont like JK like that he told me personally and JK well... If its not IU he will choose to stay single" Jin said hoping the other to at least chuckle but Jimin just nods and hug him tighther. Then Jin remembers.

"Are you trying to make me laugh hyung? Cause i dont think what you said is funny" Jimin said letting go of his hyungs. 

"Im sorry Jimin, I just-"

"Its okay... You are right though. Uhmn, ill come with you to the market. I want to look around too since i stay home for like weeks to... Act" Jimin said standing up and giving a forced smile to Jin then walks back to his room to take a bath.

Jimin explained to his hyungs when he woke up after fainting, he said sorry after receiving some lectures from Jin saying "You know this things might happen if he found out, look what happened!". They have their dinner late trying to call, finding and waiting for the maknae but nothing. Namjoon contacted Jackson to get the number of Yugyeom to ask about Jungkook, luckily Yugyeom answer the phone and said the golden maknae is with them. Even if they make sure to Jimin that Jungkook is already asleep and expect to come home the next day Jimin stay awake for a while hoping that Jungkook will come home but he did not.

 

 

 


When they get back from the market Jin already starts preparing to cook while watching the others put the decorations around the house. Hobi and Tae were the one putting all the decorations here and there while Jin and Jimin is tasked for the cooking, Meanwhile Namjoon is just there standing in a corner waiting for someone to calm his name for help since Jin and Hobi told him to just stay and behave not wanting any accidents for today. 

"Hyung!! What time are we going to wake up Yoongi hyung?" Namjoon asked passing the mistletoe to Hobi which Tae bought a while ago.

"Maybe 8pm, he told me he will not help me with cooking but he will be the griller so give him his precious sleep" 

"He is always sleeping, nothings new- Jimin are you okay?" Namjoon called that snap the younger out of his deep thoughts, he nods and smile the proceed to wash the veggies. 

"I swear, i will do my best to put him and Jungkook under this mistletoe later" Taehyung whispered watching his bestfriend. 

"I hope this Christmas will help them tae" Hobi said patting the youngers head then continue to hang their decorations.

 

 

 


"Jungkook still not here?" Yoongi asked and Jin nods. Its almost 8:30pm and their maknae is still nowhere to find, Namjoon went out to get him from the hotel but he is not there anymore. Yugyeom and Bambam check out early to go back to Seoul for Christmas Eve, but Yugyeom says Jungkook told them he will go home when they part ways.

"Im worried, where is he?"

"Jimin, he can protect himself you know how giant he is dont worry!"

"Tae!! Of course i will be worried its Jungkook! Of course i will!! Stop playing and come with me to find him!!" 

"No need for that Jimin, look" Namjoon said. The two member of maknae line stop bickering and look at the front door which the maknae is standing frowning while looking at his hyungs, he is sure to get some lectures from Jin and Yoongi later with how they are glaring at him. He sigh and hang his coat then make his way to the kitchen all eyes following his every movement that irritates him.

"Can you all stop looking at me like that?!" 

"Wow. You were out for like 20hrs and you will shout at us like this? Where is your respect Jeon Jungkook?!" Jin yelled back. 

"Jin hyung calm down, you said all you want tonight is peace so stop. Jungkook-ah go to your room and freshen up then help me with grilling, go you smell really bad." Yoongi said pushing the maknae out of the eldest sight. 

"Fine" Jungkook said and went to his room, when he reach the bed he grab the pillow and throw it on the bed again. He is so pissed remembering how his hyungs glare at him like he is the worst person they have ever seen. He hate it so much, he hate all of this things, the fights, the blames, the words of PDnim, the s that he is experiencing all of it. He hate it so much, and he hate his own self for doing this to himself and to everyone.

 

 


After changing and wasting some minutes doing nothing before leaving the room he went outside where they will have their little party, Jungkook stand be side Yoongi who is focused on grilling while the others are busy eating the cooked meat. Jungkook quietly help Yoongi in grilling and cutting the meats in bite sized exchanging side glances and short conversations.

"Jungkook-ah"

"Yeah?"

"Give this to Jimin so he can arrange it to the table tell him not to eat all of this" Yoongi said passing the mountain of meat to him. Jungkook look at his hyung like begging him to just do it or more like "No. . I will not."

"Do it Jungkook im not done with your attitude last night yet, ill go talk to you later you little " Yoongi said the shoo him away from him. Jungkook look at the table and the man beside it who is busy doing nothing but drinking his wine.

"Great, later drunk Jimin is back" Jungkook muttered and starts to move.

 

 


"Yoongi hyung told me to give this to you and dont eat all of this" Jungkook said the older take the plate and put it on the table without any words to the maknae. Jungkook is asking himself what is happening to the other its like he didnt see Jungkook or like he is acting that Jungkook is not in front of him or more like his soul is not here. Jungkook want to ask but he shrug it off and decided to just leave Jimin alone when Jimin grab his wrist to stop him.

"Im sorry" Jimin whispered but enough for Jungkook to hear, the younger turn his head back to the older who is now looking at his own hands holding Jungkook's wrist. Jungkook is taken a back of what he heard.

"About what i said, to Yugyeom. Im sorry, i know he is a good friend of yours and I... I just want you to be safe from ty rumors or anything and i didnt choose the right words im sorry Jungkook-ah" He said and Jungkook is 100% sure he saw tears on the older.

"Also.. Im sorry for whatever i did to you that makes you treat me like this and end our good relationship, I dont know what to say sorry for but- I just want to say sorry for everything and uhmnn... Dont worry, i will never bother you anymore that little time that you take care of me i will treasure it for the rest of my life as well us the memories of being in this group." Jimin paused and let go of Jungkooks he wipe his own tears and forced a smile. Now, Jungkook is confused.

"What are you-"

"I willing to go, i can just inherit father's business or teach dance. I willing to leave for peace. Dont mind me i will be okay, you have a really long way to go Jungkook-ah. Hyung will w-watch from a f-far" Jimin said with some stuttering and Jungkook is more confused now.

"Are you drunk?!" He asked and Jimin just smiled at him and left. Jungkook is still processing every words, and when it clicked to him. He just want to punch Jimin solid on his pretty face and then asked one of his hyung to punch him too. He starts asking himself, "Why does he needs to go? What did i do? What can i do? How come this misunderstanding come up with a solution like this? Why Jimins words hurts him? Why does he wants to grab the older and just asked him to stay?".

======================================