Chapter One: Let the Party Begin

Monster

Your Pov

I woke up, seeing I was in my room, I stood up straight and looked at my bed.

"Kookie..." I mumbled to myself and sighed.

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

"Y/n?"

"Come in."

Jin came inside my room, with a warm smile, I smiled back at him.

His blonde hair was soft like silk and parted to the side, his lips pink and plump, his caring dark brown eyes, and his light golden skin, all made handsome features that no girl could turn down.

He was always passionate in cooking and caring for the three of us as well. I'm glad he was my Oppa.

Jin was wearing a white turtleneck sweater that almost reached down to his thighs. Along with that a pair of black jeans with his navy blue boots.

"Good morning Y/n." Jin said and hugged me.

"Morning Jin." I yawned and rubbed my eyes.

"Happy birthday!" Jin chirped, hugging me again, this time tight.

"Thanks." I said returning it.

"Come on, everyone is waiting at the kitchen." Jin stood up from my bed and walked towards the door.

"I'll be there. At least let me change first!” I scolded and gently pushed Jin out of my room.

"Okay but, hurry up. I can't wait to eat already!" Jin whined patting his empty stomach for emphasis.

"Don't eat until I'm ready!" I warned and closed my bedroom door. Hopefully Jin listened to my warning. My brother was notorious for eating everything in sight, without patience or care for others.

I walked to my drawer, taking out a dark blue shirt, black pants, and black socks.

I quickly changed then looked at myself in the mirror, seeing my hair all tangled and my eyes were a bit watery. I grabbed my comb and began combing my hair.

I winced a bit as I tried to get my hair all straight down, once I was done I grabbed my necklace that had a rose on it. It had been a present from my mother before she had passed away.

I grabbed my hair into a ponytail, then left the room.

I walked downstairs until I saw black.

I heard a familiar giggle and smiled.

"Namjoon." I said, crossing my arms against my chest. "I know it's you."

"I know Y/n." Namjoon’s deep voice resonated in the dark room. "But, Jin told me to not let you see your surprise."

"Okay, okay." I sighed. "Lead me to the kitchen then."

"Got it." Namjoon walked slowly, making sure I didn't get hurt by bumping into anything.

I smelled a familiar scent as Namjoon uncovered my eyes. Jin was holding a stack of pancakes with whipped cream, sprinkles, cookie wafers, a drizzle chocolate syrup, and a birthday candle that was lit.

"Happy birthday Y/n!" Namjoon, Jin, and Yoongi announced.

I looked at my three brothers in adoration.

Namjoon with his usual dimpled smile and dark brown eyes and brown tousled hair that complimented his dark complexion perfectly. His lips were bigger like Jin’s but not as plump. He donned a grey shirt, dark blue jeans, and matching grey Converse.

He was the third oldest in the family, and while he was the smart one he was also the clumsy one.

Yoongi on the other hand was the opposite. He was skillful and calculated. He was opposite even in skin color, having a pale complexion. His hair was also blonde like Jin's but, he had brown roots. He hadn’t inherited the plump lips Jin and Namjoon shared, his lower lip was only slightly bigger than the upper lip. He had piercing cat-like eyes that were almost black. They had the power to make anyone feel small, even if the small one was usually him.

He was wearing a white shirt under his favorite black hoodie, his black pants were ripped by the knees followed by his black Converse. He was the second oldest in the family and was usually the most reserved in his emotions, preferring to keep a cool and disinterested image.

He may be hard on us but he's a nice person...once you get to know him.

"Thanks guys." I felt tears coming out of my eyes with joy, I quickly wiped them away.

Maybe they won’t notice.

"Why you crying Y/n?" Yoongi asked, an eyebrow raised.

I spoke too soon.

"The fun is only the beginning."

I looked up about to make a retort that I was not crying, when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Jin called. Two familiar figures came in, I recognized them immediately.

Jimin and Hoseok.

Two of my bestest friends. We had met in school, at a time when I hadn't really had friends.

Jimin came in with a hand raking his grey hair, a charming habit of his that had girls (and some boys) swooning.  He wore a blue shirt with black jeans and some grey Nike’s.

Hoseok, meanwhile was a burst of color. His vibrant orange hair that he dyed last week shone under the kitchen light. He was wearing a white shirt with a black rim around the collar and black shorts with whites vans that were slightly scuffed.

They were the ones who cheered me up all the time, Jimin with his thoughtful actions and shy demeanor and Hoseok with his wild antic and bright heart-shaped smile. His smile was so infectious, no one could deny it.

"Jimin! Hoseok!" I ran to them and hugged them tight.

"Happy birthday Y/n." Jimin patted my head.

"Thanks Jiminie."

"Happy birthday Y/n!”  Hoseok boomed.

"Thank you Hobi." I hugged them again. "I missed you guys so much!"

"Us too." Jimin replied, trading a look of amusement with Hoseok.

"Where's Tae?" I asked, Jimin and Hoseok looked at each other again but this time it was serious.

"He's with...Jungkook..."Jimin answered finally as if with reluctance.

"Oh..." The room suddenly seemed to fall silent as everyone struggled on what to say.
Hoseok, ever the mood-maker, spoke up. "He said he'll be here a bit later.”

"Yeah, I'm sure he wants to see you and say happy birthday to you too." Jimin added.

"Let's eat before the candle reaches its limit." Jin announced and brought my surprise birthday pancake toward me.

I smiled then nodded.

If Jungkook is doing okay without me then I don't want to see him.

Or maybe I’m just saying that because I can't face him anymore...he’s already so far gone...