Chapter Five: Back Again

Monster

 

Your Pov

I looked up at Jin, seeing the older boy shocked, he looked at me like I was insane.

"Y/n...I can't…” Jin answered. "Not after what h-"

"I know what Jungkook did was wrong!” I cried, tears almost leaving my eyes. Not wanting to feel weak, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath."I know what Jungkook did but, it wasn't him. I know Jungkook is still in there somewhere, trying to save himself from hurting anyone else. I need to be there for him, I need to keep my promise."

Jin sighed in resignation then nodded.

"If anything happens to you, yell for help." He warned.

I hugged Jin tight and he hugged back even tighter.

"Thank you Jin." I smiled.

"Come on, let's go before it turns night." Jin said.

I agreed then turned to both Yoongi and Namjoon, their expressions uncomfortable. They weren’t happy with my decision to see Jungkook. For them it was unforgivable what Jungkook had done to our parents.

"You guys don't have to come if you don't want to." I told them.

"No, we're coming with you." Yoongi said, adamant. "What kind of brothers would we be if we didn't come with you?”

"I won't let my family get hurt while visiting him." Namjoon added.

"Let's go." Jin called.

We all got in the car and took our ice creams to go. I was already done with mine and instead I watched as the sun almost setting.  I gulped and closed my eyes then, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see Jin, looking at me in concern.

"Don't worry, we'll leave when it before it turns dark." Jin reassured with a soft smile.

I smiled back and looked out the window again.


I then felt the car stop, I looked out the window seeing the hospital. It looked a bit grey, some curtains from the rooms were either torn or yellow with mold that had grow on them. I looked at the window to the room Jungkook was in. I couldn't see anything, it was pitch black.

"You ready?" Jin asked.

I nodded and got out of the car.

Jin, Namjoon, and Yoongi came out also, but they looked at the building then at me in worry.

"Let's get this over with." Namjoon spoke as he walked towards the entrance. Jin, Yoongi, and I followed behind him.

We entered the building seeing the walls and ceiling were pristine white. It almost made my eyes ache with how clean and pure it was inside as opposed to the dirty outside.

I turned my head to see the receptionist. A doctor was with them, telling the receptionist to let him go.

"I'm sorry sir but, we can't lose another doctor." The receptionist said with a frown.

"I can't deal with him anymore, he already killed some of the doctors he was assigned to help him get better. I don't want to be next, I quit!" The doctor yelled, as he took off his name tag and placed it by the receptionists desk and left the building.

"Is it really that bad?" Namjoon whispered to Yoongi, the older boy shrugged in response.

"This place is starting to fall apart." The receptionist muttered as we approached her.

"Excuse me ma'am, I was wondering if you can tell me where the patients’ rooms are?" I asked the receptionist, she smiled and nodded.

"Are you all visitors?" The receptionist asked.

I nodded.

"Who's the patient your looking for?"

"Jeon Jungkook." I answered.

I looked at the receptionist, seeing she was looking at me in shock, I could understand why.

"He's...he's in the third floor room number seven." The receptionist replied with worried eyes.

"Thank you." I bowed my head and started walking towards the halls.

"Y/n, are you sure about this? I mean couldn't you tell by what you saw with the doctor and the receptionist reactions." Namjoon protested. "You also heard what the doctor said, he couldn't handle him anymore. He couldn't cure Jungkook."

"Namjoon, I know what I'm going up against, I'm not scared." I said. "I'm tired of seeing him struggle with a inner demon or whoever is controlling him, can't I just do this for him? Can't I just help him be back to his normal self again?"

"Y/n, I'm not saying to not help Jungkook. I'm just saying he's become more dangerous over the years. I don't think he'll be able to come back." Namjoon looked solemn. "He's forgotten who he really is."