Chapter Eight: Looking Back

Monster

 

Your Pov

Flashback: Six Years Ago

I opened my eyes, seeing I was in...school?

I looked down and saw I was wearing a uniform that was a collared shirt, black leggings, and black flats.

"Y/n!"

I looked up ahead, seeing Jungkook waving at me.

"Are you coming to class or not?" He smiled, his front teeth coming out in his signature bunny smile that would always make me smile when I was down.

His black hair was combed down and his dark brown eyes showed enthusiasm and were full of life. He was also wearing a collared shirt with black pants, and black shoes.

He's been my best friend ever since I'd moved to Seoul. He was shy at first, he still was at times, but once I got to know him he was very funny and unreserved.

I smiled back.

"Yeah Kookie!" I called and ran up to Jungkook, once I was beside him we both walked towards our class.

As we both got in the classroom, the bell has rung.

We both sat on our seats together and listened to the teacher's instructions, after an hour of listening and writing in our books, I noticed Jungkook was looking a bit ill.

"Kookie?" I asked as I placed a hand on his forehead. I noticed it was warm."Are you okay?"

He pulled away and quickly ran out of the classroom without a word. The teacher called for him but, he didn't listen and kept running.

I got out of my seat and ran after him seeing he had turned to the I couldn't compete to his speed, but he came to a halt and threw up in the hallway.

He clutched his stomach in pain and he vomited I saw it wasn't normal vomit.

The vomit was black.

I ran to Jungkook, hugging him tight, and telling him he'll be okay once he saw a doctor.

I then felt Jungkook push me and move away from me. I looked at him in shock, Jungkook wasn’t one to shove me away.

I saw he shook his head.

"I won't be okay..." Jungkook murmured."...nothing will be okay"

He vomited even more and I looked around the hallway, looking for something to catch the teacher's attention.

"There." I said to myself as I saw the fire alarm.

"Don't worry Jungkook, help is on the way!" I ran towards the fire alarm and pulled it down. The alarm blared and as it went off, water started falling within the school. I smiled at Jungkook with a look of relief, but he didn't look too happy.

"Y/n...you're such a fool!" Jungkook yelled.

I looked at him in confusion.

"Wh-what do you mean Kookie?"I asked confused. "I...I was only trying to help you!"

"What you did is not helping..." Jungkook snapped."...you're making the situation worse!"

I then saw all the students coming out with the teachers, covering their heads with their hands, hoodies, or books.

The teacher looked at me then at Jungkook.

All the students circled around Jungkook, as the teacher called the hospital.

"Eww, that vomit isn't normal. Jungkook is a freak!" One of the students yelled, I heard all of them agreeing with the kid and got in the conversation.

"Yeah, freaks aren't supposed to go to school!”

"Jungkook isn't a freak, he’s disgusting! Look at that vomit!"

"Maybe he's a monster?!"

"Yeah, Jungkook is a Monster, Jungkook is a Monster, Jungkook is a Monster!”

I saw Jungkook starting to cry, he looked at me, his sadness then turning into anger.

"SEE WHAT YOU DID Y/N! THIS IS YOUR FAULT! I TOLD YOU, YOU MADE IT WORSE!"Jungkook yelled.

I stood frozen in place, I couldn't believe what Jungkook was telling to me. My head went down in shame.

"I HATE YOU! I HATE THAT YOU THINK EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY, EVEN THOUGH IT ISN'T! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!"

Jungkook then ran away again, he pushed through the crowd of students and they stared at him before turning to look back at me.

"Look, Y/n is best friends with Jungkook The Monster!"

"Yeah Y/n, why do you even hang out with a monster!"

I got up and ran in Jungkook’s direction hoping he’d come back and not run away.

I then saw Jungkook running towards the street, once I caught up with him I pulled him into a hug, hoping that would calm him down.

"Y/n! Let go of me!"Jungkook yelled as he tried to push me away, once he succeeded, I saw a sudden flash of lights.

"Y/n!"

I heard Jungkook yell. I then saw a car coming towards me.

Crash...