Prologue

Monster

Prologue: Always There For You

 

Your Pov

 

Five Years Ago

"Y/n...I'm scared..."

I heard Jungkook crying in the corner of the white room he was in, seeing his head was down, his arms around his legs, and he was trembling.

I entered the room with him, sat next to him, hugging him tight, and pet his head.

"It's okay Kookie..."I whispered to him."I'm here for you, you don't have to be scared when I'm here."
 
"...Y/n..." Jungkook whispered.

"Yes Kookie?"

"Don't ever leave me alone.” Jungkook whispered. I smiled and nodded.

"I'll never leave your side Jungkook." I promised him."I'll be there for you no matter what."

"Thank you...Y/n." Jungkook smiled.

I smiled back, then heard a knock on the door. I looked up to see my older brother Jin, standing by the door.

"Y/n, time to go home."Jin said.

I frowned.

"Can I stay with Kookie for a little while, oppa?" I asked him, making a sad pouting face but, Jin shook his head.

"Eomma and appa are waiting for us outside. And this place doesn't really allow visitors to stay more than the visiting hours." Jin explained, I sighed then looked back at Jungkook, seeing him frown, I smiled at him and hugged him tight.

"I'll see you next time Kookie." I said. "I promise."

"Okay," said Jungkook and smiled back at me. "I'll see you soon."

"Bye Kookie!" I called, as I stood up and walked towards Jin.

"Bye Y/n." Jungkook waved goodbye to me. I waved goodbye back, and then grabbed Jin's hand and walked out of the building with him.

"Why do we have to leave so early oppa?" I asked Jin as we exited the building and walked towards the car, where our parents, Namjoon, and Yoongi were waiting for the two of us.

"Because our parents said so." Jin answered. "And also they don't want you to hang out with Jungkook that much."

He then turned around and looked up at the building making sure the younger boy wasn't seeing them, Jin looked back at me and I pouted at him.

"Nothing won't happen to me if I hang out with Kookie." I protested. "We're best friends and I'm supposed to be there for him, to help him get through this."

"I know that but, our parents don't seem to understand your point of view." Jin explained gently."And also they're worried you might be like him."

"I won't be like Kookie, I'll be the one to help him. I want him to be happy again!"I explained.

"I'm sure you will, Jungkook's parents rarely visit him." Jin said solemnly. "I'm glad you haven't given up on him like his parents did."

"I will never give up on him." I promised. "We're best friends ‘till the end of life."

"Okay then." Jin chuckled and opened the car door. I went in first to the back seat, where no one sat there besides me. Jin got inside and sat next to Namjoon who sat next to Yoongi and closed the car door.

I looked out the window towards the building, I saw Jungkook looking at me from the window of his room. I smiled at him and waved goodbye.

I saw him wave goodbye back then the car roared to life and began moving away. I continued to wave goodbye to Jungkook until he was out of sight.


Jungkook's Pov

I sighed when I couldn't see the car anymore. I sat down on my bed and closed my eyes, and put my hands on my head as I heard whispers, echoing in my mind.

"I'll be a monster soon...Y/n...save me...before I fall..."