Chapter 7

Mischievous Ghost

Chapter 7

I was looking at some plans and reports that day when Gui Gui barged in.

“Gui, I told you, no visitors..no calls. I’m really busy” (I told her without lifting my head. She puts away my things and put a tray of food infront of me)

“It’s already lunch. Eat!”

“I’ll eat later. I need to finish that” (I tried to reach for my files)

“No! Eat! I’m going to put this outside first. I’ll return this after you had your lunch. Just take a 15 minutes break” (and then she walks outside. I sigh. It has been a month since she started working. I must admit that it’s been great having her around aside from her little craziness, she likes telling everybody that we’re getting married especially to our female clients. She’s always introducing herself as my fiancée when I’m about to introduce her as my secretary. Sometimes it makes me feel a little uncomfortable especially when people talks about me, being the successor of the company because of her. My previous secretary won’t force me to take a break but Gui Gui will always see to it that I’ll eat on time even if I’m busy. Just like before, we always find time to have a vacation, eat out and relax. I walked out of my room to check if she had eaten)

“Have you eaten? Have lunch with me, you ordered too many”

(She smiled at me) “When did I let you eat alone? That’s for us. I’m just putting away your files. You have to eat without thinking of those. You became so workaholic since I’m gone. I can’t believe you’ve stuck yourself in this office. Your life became so boring. I really need to make you take a break”

(I smiled at her. She’s right. Since she left I’ve been working non-stop)
***

“You’re free this weekend, let’s go out with Dad, Uncle and Auntie. It’s been a month since I arrived and we haven’t bond together”

“We haven’t?? Then what do you call our everyday dinner together?”

“Aiyo! That’s not what I mean” (She pouts)

(I laugh at her) “Alright! I know. You’ve work so hard, so I’ll grant your wish”

“Oh, thank you Yalun”
***

Knock!knock! (I was surprise to see Serena at my office. We have maintained our friendship for the past years. She told me she’s coming for a business trip but I haven’t found time to meet her yet, I’m planning to meet her tomorrow night but here she is)

“As busy as always. Don’t have time to even eat out with me” (She commented)

“Hey! I was about to call you. I’m just busy these days. How are you?”

“Great. Should we have lunch?”

“Uhmm” (Gui Gui will surely be back at lunch)

“What? Got a date already?”

“No, Gui Gui’s here. She’ll definitely be back for lunch. She’s my secretary as of the moment” (I smiled at her)

“So she’s finally back. Have you confessed?” (I just smiled at her and shake my head)

“You haven’t? Geez! What are you waiting for? I’m already getting married and still you haven’t got your girl? ”

“I like it this way” (I sigh. It’s a good thing that I can talk with Serena about this topic. Actually I’m a little worried for me and Gui Gui’s situation)

“What’s the problem? She has a boyfriend already?”

“No one that I know”

“So what’s the problem? You look happy but something’s missing”

“She’s still reluctant to talk about what happened four years ago but the first day she’s here she told me that she wanted to marry me. She’s even announcing it to our friends”
“So? I can’t see anything wrong. Maybe she just wanted to forget those memories and start again”

“I don’t know. I felt that she’s hiding something from me and it’s still connected to what happened. I think it will be better if we could talk about the past to move on. I really wanted to have her the way she used to be, unreserved. But now she’s sometime aloof and formal and when I look at her I can always see sadness in her eyes”

“So you’re trying to make her feel at ease? To make her feel that you’re there just like before?“

“Yes, I know I broke her heart and she’s still hurting for what I did. I wanted to take it slow and mend her heart”

“But until when are you going to be in that brother-best friend position? I don’t like seeing you that way”

“I’ll be Gui Gui’s brother and best friend forever”

“That’s all? You sure you’re not inlove with her?” (She asked teasingly)

(I laugh) “You’re crazy. You clearly know the answer for that”

“Promise me you won’t fall inlove with her?” (She continue her crazy teasing)

(I carried on with her joke. I tried to look so serious and I even hold her hand before saying) “I won’t”

(Serena laughs) “Geez, you look psychotic instead of a man declaring his love. Don’t do that infront of her. Alright, I got to go. Enjoy your lunch. You owe me a lunch or dinner date. I suddenly miss my Edward”

“Congratulations in advance. Send me the invitation for your wedding here”

“We haven’t decided for the wedding date here but my wedding in Europe will be two months from now. I’m not expecting you to go there since you’re so busy but make sure you’ll be there in my wedding here and bring Gui Gui along. It’s really tiresome to prepare, if not only for grandmother I won’t hold another wedding here”
***

It’s already past lunch and Serena has left but Gui Gui still hasn’t come back yet. I decided to call her to check but she left her phone in the office. I called Uncle Office instead but his Secretary told me that Gui Gui went back already and Uncle also left for a meeting. I was wondering where she is when my phone rings.

“Gui Gui..Where are you?”

“I’m sorry Yalun. I forgot about the time. Have you eaten?”

“No…I..”

“Alright, your lunch will be there soon. I’m really sorry about that. I won’t be back in the office. Mrs. Lee will temporarily be there for your meeting”

“Where are you? What happened?” (I asked worriedly)

“Nothing. I’m with dad, we’re caught up in a meeting. I already prepared the documents you need. It’s in my table”

“Alright. Thank you”
***