Chapter 10

Mischievous Ghost

Chapter 10

“George!” (Gui Gui runs towards the man who opens his arms wide and gave Gui Gui a big hug) “I miss you. When did you arrive? You didn’t tell me you’re coming” (Gui Gui said. I was watching them at the door. I was wondering who the guy is since Gui Gui never told me anything about him)

“I miss you too princess. You’re looking great. Uncle knows, he let someone fetched me at the airport” (the guy answered)

“Eherm” (I decided to distract them since they’re still in an embrace)

“Oh, Yalun! Come here” (Gui Gui held my hand) “This Yalun. Yalun, this George, my super best buddy in the States”

“I think you forgot to tell me that” (I whisper to her and turn to the guy) “Aaron” (I introduced myself)

“Finally, I heard so many things about you from Princess” (George said and had a gentle glance at Gui Gui)

“Contrary, I never heard about you” (I answered and look at Gui Gui. Gui Gui turn her gaze away from me)

“Have you eaten, George?” (I’ll go prepare something. She was about to go to the kitchen when Uncle showed up)

“I already told the cook to prepare something” (Uncle smiled) “Aaron, have you met George? He’s Gui Gui’s friend in the States. He’s going to stay here for a while”

“Really?” (Gui Gui sounds excited)

“Got an eight weeks’ vacation Princess. I’m here to collect your promise; you need to tour me around” (I’m not feeling good for what the man said)
***

I was watching Gui Gui and George talking that day when Uncle approached me. The guy has been in the country for a week now and Gui Gui seems very fond of him, even my parents likes him. The guy’s nice, if only I can assure myself that he is not inlove with Gui Gui, I think I can be friends with him.

“Are you worried?” (Uncle asked)

“Uncle, how come Gui Gui never told me about him, neither you”

“Gui Gui didn’t mention him to me either. I just met George when I stayed with her. Haven’t I told you about him? Ah, I think I’m really getting old. “

“How long Gui Gui knows him?” (Uncle chuckled in response)

“Why are you so worked up?” (Uncle asked. I sigh)

“I just don’t feel good about him much”

“Contrary, I feel at ease that he’s here” (Uncle said. I look at him, surprised by what he said) “Don’t look too surprise, George’s a great guy. He’s been taking care of Gui Gui when she’s in the States and I’m grateful for that”

(I look at them again. How I wish I could turn back time. Uncle tapped my shoulders) “Stop worrying. You know no one could take your place in her heart”

“Uncle, I…”

“I know you love her. I can see it in your eyes. I know you’re regretting things that happened before and I feel the same way. I’ve hurt you both and I’m terribly sorry. I told her already and asked for her forgiveness. I would like ask the same thing from you. I haven’t seen things clearly before.”

“It’s not your fault Uncle, it’s my fault” (I was thinking if I should tell him what really happened)

“For whatever happened before, we all should forget it. Gui Gui’s here with us now. I don’t know what really happened between you two; something deeper and I really hope things would work out between the two of you before…”

(I was waiting for what he’s going to stay when he smiled)
“Before she decided to flew back again”

“Is she planning to go back with him?” (I asked. I’m more worried this time. Uncle laughs)

“The two of them have that agreement to go join some medical mission in Cambodia when both of them have time”
***

“Yalun! Yalun” (I heard that familiar voice in my sleep. I’m really sleepy.) “Yalun…Yalun..” (I can feel her presence. I reached for her and hug her)

“Hmm…”

“Why are you sleeping here?”

“Hmm…”

“Yalun, why are you sleeping here? You’re back will hurt.”

“Gui, could you be silent for while? I’m really sleepy” (I said, still holding her. Luckily, she didn’t bother to release herself from my embrace”

“You have a meeting at 9 o’clock”

“I know, I finished those in my table for that meeting. Let me sleep a little more, hmm..”

“Why do you work so hard?”

“I need to in order not to think of you, you don’t have time for me now” (she moved) “Don’t leave yet, stay for a while”

“Alright…sleep…” (She’s caressing my face as if memorizing every detail) “I’m sorry, Yalun. I didn’t mean to…” (She sounded so sad, I wanted to talk to her more. I miss her, she’s been out lately with that George that we have spent a little time with each other but I can’t control my eyelids) “I love you Yalun…” (I finally gave in and went to sleep)
***