Chapter 15

Mischievous Ghost

Chapter 15

“Yalun…” (I woke up in my sleep; I didn’t know how long I have slept. I’m still holding Gui Gui’s hand. When I look at her she’s looking at me, she still looks so weak)

“I’m here. Go back to sleep. You need a lot of rest”

“Yalun…” (a tear fell from her eyes) “I’m sorry…”

“No…Shh…”(I wipe the tear with my thumb) “I should be the one saying that”

“I…I’m so sorry…I couldn’t tell you” (She began crying)

“I know, baby...I know...I understand. Don’t cry. Let’s not talk about it anymore, alright. You need to rest then we will go out and take a long vacation” (I’m controlling myself from crying I don’t want to her to see me that way.)
***

“I want to be honest enough…” (The doctor started. Aaron and his Uncle Ali are talking to the doctor with George. George just looks down. They all already know what the doctor will say)

“How long?” (Ali asked)

“One to three months. I’m sorry”

“Oh, God!” (I closed my eyes, praying that it’s not true. I felt George hand on my shoulder)
***

(I’m looking at Gui Gui sleeping. Now, I could understand her more for keeping it from me for it is so hard. It’s painful knowing that she’ll have to leave me soon permanently. Thinking how much she had endured alone without me feels like I’m the one who’s dying. I wanted to share her pain, be there for her. I’d rather have a day with her even though it’s painful than not to be with her forever. I’d rather that she’s with someone else but living healthily.)

“Why are you crying, I’m not yet dead” (Gui Gui whispered and smiled at me. I dried my tears)

“I’m just happy we can leave the hospital tomorrow. We can go home, don’t you like that?”

“Really, I really hate the smell of the hospital. Where’s dad?’

“He’s talking to the doctor”

“I wanted to sleep again. Sing me a song” (Gui Gui requested and I willingly obliged)
***

“It’s cold. What are you doing here?” (I put a jacket on Gui Gui. I saw her sitting at the swing in the garden. We’ve been home for three days)

(Gui Gui smiled at me) “I’m just reminiscing our past. I’m so happy back then”

(I sit beside her and hugged her) “I am happy as well. We were happy and aren’t we happy now? We’re together” (Gui Gui nodded) “And we are going to be happy…always” (I whispered)

“I always want to see you happy Yalun” (she answered. I looked at her)

“Then, would you do the honor by marrying me?” (I pull out the ring from my pocket) “Don’t say no” (I plead. She stared at me for a while before whispering)

“With pleasure. I love you, Yalun” (I cried, she cried, we cried as we kissed)
***

We held a garden wedding. Gui Gui looked so beautiful with her off shoulder gown, she had flowers in her hair. We were crying when we said our vows. Everybody’s crying with us.

“You can now kiss the bride” (the priest announced. I slowly unveiled her)

“I love you” (I whispered before gently kissed her. A tear fell from her eyes again)

(Uncle Ali approached us) “Take care of her”

“Uncle…”

“Dad” (Uncle Ali corrected me and gave me a hug)

“Gui Gui! My beautiful daughter-in-law” (My mom hugged Gui Gui) “I’m so happy” (My mom started to cry)

“Honey” (My dad embraced my mom preventing her)

“I’m just so happy and Gui Gui looks so stunning” (My mom said. Gui Gui smiled and hugged my mom)

“Thank you mom”

“Call us as soon as you arrived” (My dad said. We are going to the vacation house near the beach for our honeymoon since we can’t travel abroad. I nodded)

“Congratulations!” (George also greeted us and gave us a hug before we left)
***

For the next two months, me and Gui Gui spent each minute together, cooking together, walking at the beach, reading books, staying in bed just smiling at each other like idiots, kissing and hugging each other.

“Yalun, can we go home tomorrow?”

“Why?”

“I wanted to see my dad and mom and dad. I miss them already”

(I looked at her) “Alright”
***

“You’re here again. You’re not yet sleepy?” (I sit beside her, we embraced and gave I her kiss on the forehead. It’s been four days since we got home. Gui Gui’s at the swing in the garden again. Our parents talking inside, all of us are always together now)

“It’s a little cold, hold me tightly” (She requested. She looked up on me, stared at me)

“Still can’t believe how handsome your husband is?” (I smiled)

(Gui Gui smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek)

“What kind of kiss is that” (I laugh and bend to give her a proper kiss)

“I think we should go to bed”

“Let’s stays for a while” (she requested and rest her cheeks on my chest)

“Alright, I’ll just carry you upstairs if you fall asleep” (My tears started to fall, she’s going to go)
***

That night, Gui Gui said goodbye to us. After two months, I left the country to do what she wanted to do, the volunteer work abroad together with George. I came back after three months and straightly go to her grave.

“Baby, I’m back. Did you miss me? Guess what, I decided to establish a foundation named after you”

(Gui Gui might have left but she will be forever in my heart and I know I can never love anyone again for my heart will always be with her)

*** END***